Natalino

The Reap IR Thermal Scope - Coming to Tarkov

1 hour ago, Redseven said:

I don't know what to say about it. I mean, yea cool and stuff like that, but I'm affraid it's going to be too OP. At least at the beginning. I hope they will find a good balance from the start, if not this will be very frustrating for the victim side.

I really hope those batteries will be needed, and that is going to be sensitive to bright lights. Another downside from what I see from the screenshots is the fact that although you ADS it, you still have tactical awareness, you still see what's around you and that is not good. This scope only has advantages...and it should have some downsides. Yea, it's expensive, but that is nothing for a guy with 5 full money cases. I hope it has downsides...

Just imagine someone camping the spawning areas on Woods....he'll kill everyone (Spawns will change, so we'll have to wait to see that as well). 

Really sceptical about them...i hope i'm wrong. Only time will tell...but still, i remember thermal from Arma and DayZ the Mod...

Remember : Tarkov is not meant to be balanced or fair.

Edited by Mallette
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, smellyPVT said:

I absolutely hate the idea of thermals in this game. 

I completely agree, me and my buddy were talking about how bad that would be yesterday and now this lmao... This is gonna be game breaking imo

• Thanks 3

Well well, now here we go... Thermal scope's... The cancer of Arma2dayz, nearly restricted on every server, in every game, it beeing COD, BF4 or Arma3.

Don't get me wrong, I think this got it's place and I don't wanna be the bad guy here, but I really hope they balance this right with this range limitation, because as experience tells these things are simply toooo powerfull.

You don't believe me? Wait till you get shot through 20 layers of foliage by a player or a scav or whatever. When this is released, you can smell the forum post's coming up, saying that this is OP poo and should be nerved and blablaba...

And then, I'll be there to say: I told ya...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Will the battery battery consumption be implemented?

I think it will be a nice feature too :P

-

EDIT: Sorry @bathtubbandit for asking the same question :/:D
Didn't read that before posting

Edited by gianluzzz

Neat scope and just like the NVg's I wont even bother insuring it cause if you die with this thing on your you WON'T see it again. I can see the function but I struggle to see that people will bring that scope out every raid when death is just a bullet away and desync is still troublesome. I'm not trying to be negative but I doubt a lot of people who get to a million roubles (not really that hard) will bring this high priced item out just like very very few if any will being a weapon case on a raid cause of just how expensive it is. 

I also really hoping like others have expressed that it gets a good balance with everything else. Maybe put something into the game a function like putting mud on you to reduce your thermal signature. There HAS to be some sort of balance to this other wise it'll break the game. Thermal scopes are a slippery slope.

Edited by Scarecrows

later on there will be no wipes anymore so almost everyone will  have more than enough money, since its quite easy to get. so the devs have to bring some items/weapons/gear etc. which costs a lot to make up for it, at least thats what i think is behind this high price plus the advantage you get from the scope

NO_GOD_PLEASE_NO_(The_Office).gif.6d12f3bb0427fc2ac7ba12d7a17ae89e.gif

Sad day for EfT. :(

EfT dont needs thermals, NVGs are absolute enough! And only 1mil for an OP Scope?? It should be minimum 5mil... 1mil is about 4-5hrs of farming... Clans/Squads will use a combination of NVGs and thermals at night, making it complete impossible to take them out for a solo player.

• Upvote 3

Ok, wow. First off, great work devs, I can't wait to get my hands on this baby. I do hope, however, that by the time it comes out, the zeroing issue that has been affecting some scopes will be fixed and not affect this very expensive piece of kit.

Secondly, for the people that don't seem to understand how thermal scopes work or are whining about it because of their experience in other games, 2 main points: 1) Tarkov isn't meant to be fair and 2) Tarkov has been fairly true to life for most of their in-game equipment.

Thermals work by detecting the IR "light" on the EM spectrum. That means it can't see through walls or even glass, and it can't see through foliage. What it does is highlight the difference in emitted IR (that almost all objects emit). Yes, if they are hiding in a bush it will make it easier to see people if any part of their body is not obstructed by leaves, but it will still take skill to use. Mud and flashlights do not affect it, in fact, flashlights will stand out even more.

This scope is no more OP than NVG or high-powered scopes. If you feel these items are OP then you already don't know how to play this game. This isn't CoD or BF. You can't just rush around expecting not to die. Slow it down, reduce your profile, use the terrain, etc. Learn to play in a squad. 

Finally, for those saying they can't afford to take in NVG and Fort... What?! You either suck or don't play enough, but you expect others who put it the time and have the skill not to get an advantage? LoL! And this game is more about the SKILL rather than time. Fort is extremely common, as are gold chains. I don't even wear Fort anymore because it slows me down and the advantage it gives certainly isn't OP. NVG has been drastically reduced in price. If you can't afford it... well, run during the day and git good.

P.S. I was a TSS operator IRL.

Edited by Rodel
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I also appreciate the work and load of ideas that flow into the game, but this is not battlefield with a respawn system. For some things the game mechanic, the maps are just not fitting as this game already encourages camping very much. You won't add rocketlaunchers, mines or remote firing c4, will ya? Some things are just not healthy for this game and 1 mil roubles is also way too cheap even now with a lot of wipes in the foreseeable future.

And that stuff some ppl say here that "Tarkov is not meant to be fair or balanced" lol.. never heard such a huge bs for weeks xD

Edited by Pakra
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pakra said:

"this game already encourages camping very much."

So it should. As you said, it's not Battlefield. You lose your gear when you die. It's much more realistic to slow it down and set ambushes for people. People rushing in not checking their surroundings deserve to die.

3 minutes ago, Pakra said:

You won't add rocketlaunchers, mines or remote firing c4, will ya?

They will have GLAs... 

• Like 1

I think to solve the current performance issues both on client and server side is lot more important, than adding more gadget and features to the game.

• Upvote 1

For those of you saying "thermals are real" ... "the game isnt meant to be fair"... ok, thats right. War/Firefights/ambushes and so on are not fair and its ok to get every advantage that is out there. But its still a game, a game needs to be balanced.

But only if there is a counter to the thermal scope (like anti thermal clothing/armor/helmet/etc and/or incendiary grenades) it will be balanced. If BSG brings the scope without any counter, it will effect the game balance negative. If they bring in the scope together with possibilities to counter it, im fine with it. :)

Additional: If some of you want realism... plz dont use painkillers/morphin/vaseline or any other stuff to cure fractures/dead limbs... in reality you cant run like a doped jaguar after using some of the meantioned medicines when your leg is broken. Bones in reality provide something called stability to the body... without this support stability you cant run or even walk.  So please dont use the "reality"-argument to hype things that you like.

Edited by ZergZwerg81
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, P0LARIS said:

I really don't think this has any place in this game.. I feel as if it will screw things up for all the players who don't get to play as much as others who play like no tomorrow. The kind of advantage this gives over players who don't have it is ridiculous... I guess if we had more details on how far the "limited range" actually is maybe? but it doesn't take anything but 9-12 runs on factory to get close to 1 million rubles and then you get OP scope and see everyone hiding in bushes? idk. I see it has a battery meter in the sight picture.. will it actually run out and you have to carry batteries on you now? Idk. Guess we'll see how it plays out. 

Good luck sneaking around in Night Factory. Just get on the rafters and use this scope and you'll see them. Pray you see them first I guess.

It's a hardcore game man, 1 million roubles is nothing, and if someone does not farm or play enough that is their issue to be honest.

The players who play alot deserve to use these items as they put hours into the game, the others who cant play much just need to play smarter or just accept they wont be able to run m4's and forts each round.

53 minutes ago, ZergZwerg81 said:

NO_GOD_PLEASE_NO_(The_Office).gif.6d12f3bb0427fc2ac7ba12d7a17ae89e.gif

Sad day for EfT. :(

EfT dont needs thermals, NVGs are absolute enough! And only 1mil for an OP Scope?? It should be minimum 5mil... 1mil is about 4-5hrs of farming... Clans/Squads will use a combination of NVGs and thermals at night, making it complete impossible to take them out for a solo player.

While i agree with you, nothing is more cancer then hatchets in this game. Nor this scope, nor smoke granades.

1 minute ago, PunchyMcBrithes said:

While i agree with you, nothing is more cancer then hatchets in this game. Nor this scope, nor smoke granades.

The game was not meant for solo play, the dev's have said this many times, join a squad man as you will need it especially when the full release comes, some missions will be impossible solo. If you choose solo and run into a squad of 5, there is no complaining, as it was your choice.