DeadFromSteam

A way to report hacker after death

DeadFromSteam

Hello ,

This is my short incident that happened to me right now , I spawned in the raid and I safely got into a room and start listening for my surroundings and found everything around to be clear I sat still for 5 seconds before moving out and my character just falls over and dies raid ended 23 seconds I died to SKOOWOO I am certain I died to a hacker because my connection was perfectly fine no trouble loading in or anything . Just would be nice to report a death cam to report any suspicious activity after death like my incident to which I have no explanation for I died in an enclosed room all doors closed no wall bang through wall or door . It felt like I got shot from across the map on woods or something cause I didn't hear a bullet at all either. PLEASE READ 

RonBuan

I would recommend video footage for hacking accusations. The way you describe it.. you got sniped. Sorry bro.

Hackers generally do stuff that is outragous and unexpected... walking thru walls... shooting through walls... etc..

Getting rocked by some guy you didn't know was there does suck... but that's called ambushing / camping. 

Tarkov is a brutal game, if your solo'ing I'd recommend big open maps where people cannot hide close to you as easily.

For me shoreline is the easiest to start out at and run around sort of safely. Factory... is however the hardest without experience. 

DrBloom

The devs do not respond to hacker posts or name and shame threads, there is a anti-cheat system currently in the game and if this person truly is a hacker the system will catch up with them.

HTX
6 minutes ago, DrBloom said:

The devs do not respond to hacker posts or name and shame threads, there is a anti-cheat system currently in the game and if this person truly is a hacker the system will catch up with them.

To add to this, OP @DeadFromSteam if you wouldn't mind taking down the name of this individual that'd be awesome. Not only can you not be certain this person was actually cheating in any way, it's incredibly rude and you are potentially hurting his reputation based on what you think might have happened.

SoupOrJuice

That's literally what they said *not* to do. Like it or not, the devs have 100% faith in their anti-cheat and will not accept reports from players. I believe it to be 100% stupid, as no anti-cheat is without fault and having players report obvious signs of cheating (flying etc.) would cut down on hackers without much work needing to be done, but that's the way it is. Just like no ban for cheating is reversible, ever, in any circumstance - even when their anti-cheat makes a mistake.

Edited by SoupOrJuice

RonBuan
17 hours ago, SoupOrJuice said:

That's literally what they said *not* to do. Like it or not, the devs have 100% faith in their anti-cheat and will not accept reports from players. I believe it to be 100% stupid, as no anti-cheat is without fault and having players report obvious signs of cheating (flying etc.) would cut down on hackers without much work needing to be done, but that's the way it is. Just like no ban for cheating is reversible, ever, in any circumstance - even when their anti-cheat makes a mistake.

I didnt realize the devs made a post like this. I would agree that people are clever and concieve ways to get around anti cheats. but yea I would have to say... a video of a guy flying in tarkov would be pretttttttttttttty convincing to me that a player was hacking lol.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
18 hours ago, DeadFromSteam said:

I will post video evidence

Dont.

Go read the forum rules before making a post.

RonBuan
20 hours ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

Dont.

Go read the forum rules before making a post.

Yea just record it and put it on youtube. Lol im sure they will look into the person if its blantant hacking ( Flying ).

But remember my guy... your description on original post just sounds like you fudged up... 

Good luck regardless. I'm out of this thread before we get in troubles lol.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
4 hours ago, RonBuan said:

Yea just record it and put it on youtube. Lol im sure they will look into the person if its blantant hacking ( Flying ).

No, the devs/mods will not even look at it, unless to watch you die again and again in their own amusement... :betoung:

Theyve said time and time again; the anti cheat works. Especially for those who use such blatant hacks as flying.

RonBuan

No I was implying if so many hacks are supposedly out and caught on video and uploaded, the game will suffer a hit and they will be forced to explore the effectiveness of their anticheat solution. With the website others have googled, openly selling cheating software for this game and actively updating it to get around there systems, you would think they would at least look into reports of people with the same name on both forums. 

Regardless, I don't believe I have encountered too much, if any, hackers while I have played.. but pictures on those cheat forums clearly indicate they have a working product. Hopefully all the users of such softwares get flagged in ban in short time, but the one instance supposedly was a year old and the guy was still playing. Truely a shame.

Though I do understand with the game being in beta... there are is a vast list of other priorities to work on other than preventing cheating in an unfinished game... where entire systems ( including the anti cheat ) perhaps are not completed or will be completely replaced.