The-Maverick

"SERIOUS QUESTION!" Is money a bit too easy to come by?

I have found that just doing runs to the customs building with the epsilon case nets me on average 50-75k rubles per run, i can do these runs in about 5 minutes including the que to get into the match.

Since i started this ive found that i just don't care about gear, i don't even insure things anymore because i can make enough for a fully kitted M4 in about 10-15 minutes.

I kind of think that it takes away from the feeling you get when your in a fight and are worried about loosing your kit, i never get that Adrenalin hit in an intense fight anymore.

What do you guys think?

i also added a pic of the sale prices for most of the items you will get from customs runs to help you know whats worth keeping and what is not.

EDIT: these prices are ALL for selling to therapist

Prices.png

Edited by The-Maverick
EDIT: these prices are ALL for selling to therapist
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Mr_Sheep said:

its all about that RNG

And also the risk /reward factor.
If you enter on a raid with pretty expensive gear, you probably gonna have better chances of survive, and therefore get better loot.

I mean...

a075bc5cf6.png

In a sense yes money is /easy/ to come by if you know where to look... but at the same time, kitting up a high tier weapon and gear costs you anywhere from 50k - 300k if not more depending on your loadout. I've blown a couple mil on simultaneous failed raids before. So I'm quite happy that money /can/ be made and isn't some impossible game, otherwise people would be less inclined to take out their gear.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Mr_Sheep said:

its all about that RNG

50-75 is the average, i did the math on 101 runs, recording the loot from each and the average was 67,417rub,

that is based on selling all the loot, not keeping things like circuits for m4 mags, HDD for ak mags

6 minutes ago, LordVIP3R said:

I mean...

In a sense yes money is /easy/ to come by if you know where to look... but at the same time, kitting up a high tier weapon and gear costs you anywhere from 50k - 300k if not more depending on your loadout. I've blown a couple mil on simultaneous failed raids before. So I'm quite happy that money /can/ be made and isn't some impossible game, otherwise people would be less inclined to take out their gear.

I see your point,

i can see how it might put some people off with the risk, i just tend to go for the harder style and enjoy the saving of good gear for special occasions,

but each to their own i guess

guns.png

bag.png

Edited by The-Maverick

No. not at all. Would you prefer Day Z where you spend 5 hours to run to 1 spot to get X gun and than you die in 20 minutes? If this game wants to Model DayZ i wont even play it at all. Money should be easy to come by. Realistically if two entire PMCS were having a war in thhe city, and than the UN and millitary showed up. And than the black market traders showed up. Guns and ammo should not be "rare" at all. Unless you want MORE hhatchet players who will just hog up their money and guns because its a pain in the ass to farm.

2 minutes ago, moisesjns said:

No. not at all. Would you prefer Day Z where you spend 5 hours to run to 1 spot to get X gun and than you die in 20 minutes? If this game wants to Model DayZ i wont even play it at all. Money should be easy to come by. Realistically if two entire PMCS were having a war in thhe city, and than the UN and millitary showed up. And than the black market traders showed up. Guns and ammo should not be "rare" at all. Unless you want MORE hhatchet players who will just hog up their money and guns because its a pain in the ass to farm.

that is SOOOO far from what we were saying,

i was looking for peoples opinion on the ease of money, 

Here's the simple truth; Money is pretty easy to come by (Helps to know where to look), but it's even easier to lose.

I don't think there's a balance issue. There doesn't need to be some harsh economy when all it takes is a single well-placed bullet to cost you potentially 100s of thousands of rubles worth of gear.

EDIT:

Let's not forget there's also a 1,000,000 ruble thermal scope coming up soon, talk about a 50k customs run then xD

Edited by nachtmaere
  • Upvote 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb PunchyMcBrithes:

A lot of people (level 30+) are constantly around 200k rubles.

same problem here, but nobody forces me to buy Icases each time i can, so yes money is easy to get :)

I like the way it is. People are always running towards the best spots just to farm gear, while I play really slowly and each raid is on average 40 minutes for me. 

If loot was scarce I wouldn't find anything. 40 minutes wasted on exploring looted areas. I hate rushing because it breaks the immersion. So if they were to decrease the amount of stuff or money you find, I would have a serious problem. It's only easy to make a lot of money if you immediately start rushing the best locations or by killing geared players. But if you take it slow and stealthy like me, you rely on unlooted bags, crates and perhaps some dead scavs. 

Despite all that I still manage to make a good amount of money. 

• Like 1

Please remember how the game is playing now, will not be how it is in the future, the games economy will work completely differently to how it does right now. We don't even have the auction house or flea market yet.

Can only imagine how the market will be driven via that, see a Documents case? 1,000,000 Rubles 5,000,000 Dollars, 5,000,000 Euros please... See a Weapons case? 2,000,000 Rubles please... oh an Gamma or Epsilon case? 10,000,000 EURO's.

etc etc, player driven economy will either 1, make things seriously hard grinds (EUROS for everything), 2, make it all so cheap it will crash game economy.

Auction houses and flea markets are a massive risk in games like this, but then again the game is all about risk vs reward so we will just have to wait and see.

The game economy for me is fine.  If anything, there isn't enough money or more-over... weapons cost too much.

50% of players have only a hatchet, so there's part of your answer right away.  If it was harder to earn money, think how many more people are going to be running without risk.

I didn't buy this game to shoot down people with no gear.  I imagine some people like being the "Big Bad Man" with all his armour and fancy M4 shooting at poor defenceless hatchlings, but I don't.

Let there be guns and money, it makes the fights way more rewarding.

• Upvote 1

Money is good as it is. It already is frustrating to lose a good bit of gear you spent 400k or more on. You can lose a mil in a single raid. Making it harder to grind (especially items like weapon cases being 2 million euros like Dragux said is way out of proportion and will ruin the game). They could make the economy even less harsh so that people aren't as inclined to go out with hatchets and actually have fun with their gear.

• Hot 1

1 minute ago, IssaDraco21 said:

They could make the economy even less harsh so that people aren't as inclined to go out with hatchets and actually have fun with their gear.

^^^ THIS ^^^

Even if it's to sell the 3M Armour and Kolpac Helmet for 3kR each and a good condition AKS74U for 5-10k would be enough.

*EDIT*  Perhaps even the Vityaz since it lacks the same punch.  Carbine version or not.

Okay. so I recently had a discussion about economy to a friend that is new to the game. it was actually a discussion to describe that the game is not too hard, but I think it will work just as well as an argument that it isn't too easy. I also get about 50-100k per run from my container... so about 75k per run, assuming I survive more than a few mins. but for this comment lets assume I have nothing but 100k I just got from a hatchet run. What can I buy for a geared run?

PACA ~17K

Blackrock ~17K

Kiver ~27K

17 + 17 + 27 = 61K

-

AK 74 ~32K OR AKS74U ~25K

TGP-A ~ 23K

32 + 23 = 55K OR 25 + 23 = 48K

-

in conclusion, 61 + 55 = 116K and 61 + 48 = 109K. So basically a single stack of 100K money is worth a decent single geared run from scratch. so that inst even including the fact that you probably already have some of these things and wont need to buy them. To me 1 hatchet run taking 5 to 15 minutes allowing 1 decent geared run sounds reasonable to me. not too hard, not too easy.

Weapons cost to much, factory raids always worth 100k+ you just take all 1x5 shotguns and they worth so much its so stupid and it takes only 5-10 minutes. Should be nerfed but thats just my opinion

It is easy once you make it a point that living is no longer the most important thing. At first as i am sure most have felt the game is a little overwhelming with the amount of deaths you may have to endure to acquire good kit.
But then you find out the Safe and green box locations, hit them and ether try to make it out with a few kills or die trying.
I like the current economy and can see it only going up from here with trading and bidding being implemented.

8 hours ago, Lewisuk said:

Please remember how the game is playing now, will not be how it is in the future, the games economy will work completely differently to how it does right now. We don't even have the auction house or flea market yet.

i cant wait for the flea market and auction house! more excited for those than hideout!

Without a shadow of a doubt it is, but the entire economy is a placeholder right now.

We need a mixture of money and item purchases to stimulate an economy and also provide easy access to competitive runs (depending what items the devs decide to lay out for us).