Almac

Thermal optics are way too strong

They're broken and only stand to benefit campers. Also just like fort the people who run in squads of 3+ will just never lose them so price or rarity is completely trivial. I already can't play maps like customs or woods and expect to consistently extract with gear as a solo, thermals will just ensure that I never set foot in camper friendly maps at all.

If you really must add thermals you should make it an 8x scope so that way targets need to be acquired by reasonable means prior to scoping, that way people won't just be able to sit on their tits for 30 minutes while panning left to right for glow-in-the-dark enemies.

• Sad 1

So, how do you know the thermal scopes are broken, before they are even in the game...?
Take a chill-pill man.

Also I know enough people who destroyed squads with fort armor.

Wait with your judgement untill you get your hands on a thermal scope and see how they work.

• Like 1

I'm a bit dubious about them myself but you shouldn't assume they're going to be overpowered until they're in the game, or at least until they release the patch notes.

Dayz, battlefield and a lot of other games have had thermal optics and they've always been op and eventually get nerfed. Thermal vision allows you to see players through vegetation and even walls that have small imperfections in them. This is how thermal optics work in every game and tarkov won't be an exception. 

2 hours ago, Almac said:

They're broken and only stand to benefit campers. Also just like fort the people who run in squads of 3+ will just never lose them so price or rarity is completely trivial. I already can't play maps like customs or woods and expect to consistently extract with gear as a solo, thermals will just ensure that I never set foot in camper friendly maps at all.

If you really must add thermals you should make it an 8x scope so that way targets need to be acquired by reasonable means prior to scoping, that way people won't just be able to sit on their tits for 30 minutes while panning left to right for glow-in-the-dark enemies.

You've got no right to say that they're "op" because nobody has had the chance to test them accurately and thoroughly. 

vor 13 Minuten schrieb Almac:

Dayz, battlefield and a lot of other games have had thermal optics and they've always been op and eventually get nerfed. Thermal vision allows you to see players through vegetation and even walls that have small imperfections in them. This is how thermal optics work in every game and tarkov won't be an exception. 

Diiference in Tarkov is you have to pay a shitload of money for them!
In the other games mentioned you unlock them and use them until your dying day.

Calmn your mantitties until they are released!

I think it's easy mode no matter how its implemented. Camo and night raids become pointless. Being well hidden and setting up an ambush becomes futile unless you find a perfect insulating material to hide behind?

Even if it's expensive, it will just end up on clan/team setups and otherwise unused. Do teams need any more advantage? I don't know how balance will change so for now i say who knows.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Almac:

depends how they balance it, as far as i know there is clothing which kind of protects you from thermal vision, maybe they will add something like that

I normally can't stand campers in games like Battlefied or Call of Duty, but it's so useless to complain about them in a game like tarkov. Hell you have to camp a bit, depending on the situation. Groups are no that hard to kill and they die all the time.

Hasn't even come out yet, still bitches about it. Dude, they're going to be expensive as hell for a reason, and they only have a certain effective range. If this is something you decide to complain about, maybe a hardcore shooter isn't for you?

These types of opinions are so unfounded it borders stupidity. We haven't even seen them in game and BSG have already stated the high price point and limited range not to mention that when we do get to use them its not the FINAL version of them and will more then likely see several tweaks to them. Just wait til you actually get to try them out before making claims that they are "to OP".

7 hours ago, Almac said:

i can kill a squad of fort with strats, but i would need to face shot, also with spawns, there will be dynamic spawning and dynamic extractions meaning nobody will have the same anything. also there will be a certain distance and the scope as i heard will be a 1x2 scoped zoom and the price will be 1 million roubles per as the start of the update whenever it comes in. also THAT DOESNT INCLUDE INSURANCE which i think it might be 250k or even 500k for insurance, who knows

Edited by freeviruzdotorg

First i just want to address all the butt hurt nerds on here trashing the thread and taking my words out of context: calm down, you have nothing at stake here, lets have a civil discussion... if you know what that is/are capable of it.

Now then, the price really isn't much of a deterrent, 1mil roubles is 5-7 factory clears or ~3 hours of farming and since the people using them wont be solo they'll most likely never be losing them. My second point remains the same too; thermal vision is op, it was created to be op irl and if gaming history has taught us anything, it will most likely be op in tarkov unless the devs purposely tone it down drastically for the game. If you don't know what thermal optics are they're meant to give the user a very strong advantage. Not an advantage like a red dot instead of irons, not 45 rounds instead of 30... we're talking being able to instantly find your enemy from any distance through flora and small holes in terrain that would otherwise be considered camouflage. 

These are the points from the OP broken down, I used fort as a comparison of a rare item that is rarely ever lost when playing in squads. Sorry if you're hyper sensitive about your camping and that I hurt your feelings because you can't take a joke, obviously everyone has to camp to some degree in tarkov.

My suggestion: Don't make short range thermal optics as they'll just make target acquisition way too easy on big and small maps alike. Or If they make the render distance on short range thermals really low that could possibly mitigate the brokenness ex: can't see beyond 200 ft.

Edited by Almac

The backlash when they implement RPGs and launchers will be interesting. I do get what people are saying, having a very high-tech item that only people with crazy amounts of money would buy will only aid these people who play the game non-stop, and could severely worsen the experience for an lightly geared or new player, but we will just need to see what happens when the scope is introduced, if we notice any massive changes in gameplay then we will know something's up.