Rare spawn death moments

Nat93man1

Hi i know these moments are rare but i had spawned in on woods map in the building right next to the train tracks and as my screen done the transition from black screen to game all i hear is a barrage of bullets and a glimpse of a person in front of me before i hit the floor fully geared. Is this known to the devs or is it by chance i spawned into the game a little ways through and the person just happened to be there?

13 minutes ago, Nat93man1 said:

is it by chance i spawned into the game a little ways through and the person just happened to be there?

No. Sorry but the spawns are well known (new spawn system incoming next patch, hope it's more.. dynamic)

What happened is that you spent a long time loading the map vs the other guy (such as harddrive load times vs SSD load times), giving him time to check your spawn. 

He then checks your spawn and sees you standing there like a statue, moments before you actually get to move, and fills you with bullets. The End.

PS: Next time you load a big map, you can load it in singleplayer first (mark the offline option), then grenade yourself to restart and do the map regular live (no offline marked).
Then when you load in it will take less time as you now have the map in your RAM already.

Edited by PimpMyWiki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PimpMyWiki said:

No. Sorry but the spawns are well known (new spawn system incoming next patch, hope it's more.. dynamic)

What happened is that you spent a long time loading the map vs the other guy (such as harddrive load times vs SSD load times), giving him time to check your spawn. 

He then checks your spawn and sees you standing there like a statue, moments before you actually get to move, and fills you with bullets. The End.

PS: Next time you load a big map, you can load it in singleplayer first (mark the offline option), then grenade yourself to restart and do the map regular live (no offline marked).
Then when you load in it will take less time as you now have the map in your RAM already.

In the area the OP is talking about, there is actually 2 spawn points, and if youre raiding during peak traffic hours, its a pretty good chance that 2 of you spawn together. My pc loads any map in under 30 seconds, I regularly spend more time waiting for other players than I do loading; and when I play Woods during US peak hours, I get spawn killed literally damn near every single time I spawn there or to the right of the little rock by the wall.

Supposedly, dynamic spawns are coming soon(next patch?:beawesome:), so this shouldnt be too much of a problem for too long.

Cheers, and stay frosty. :) 
GWB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PimpMyWiki said:

yeah I didn't know it was so close by, anyway, hoping the spawn system coming in will sort this out, otherwise open beta will be a shitshow..

Even if they didn't change the spawn system yet, I don't see how it would open beta would be a problem. I have probably done 2-3k raids and I can't really remember a time I died to spawn killing once on my main character.

Edited by zpwarrior

41 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

Even if they didn't change the spawn system yet, I don't see how it would open beta would be a problem. I have probably done 2-3k raids and I can't really remember a time I died to spawn killing once on my main character.

Trust me, you are quite fortunate in this regard.

Especially during peak hours(for me in US at least), spawning into Woods is Russian Spawn-Roulette.

With scav run's its even worse...

29 minutes ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

Trust me, you are quite fortunate in this regard.

Especially during peak hours(for me in US at least), spawning into Woods is Russian Spawn-Roulette.

With scav run's its even worse...

I'm not gonna deny that it's happened to you or anyone, I just don't believe it's as bad as some people say it is. However maybe having my game on my SSD, i get in with or before some people.

1 hour ago, zpwarrior said:

I'm not gonna deny that it's happened to you or anyone, I just don't believe it's as bad as some people say it is. However maybe having my game on my SSD, i get in with or before some people.

I wait for people longer than it takes to load the map... usually done in 20-25 seconds... 30 is kinda slow for even Customs or Shoreline. And I have a 7200rpm WD drive, nothing special. 50$US on newegg.

Its not by any means common for me, but I did notice a trend of it happening more during local peak hours... so it seems to get worse with server load.

At the other end... between 4-8am local, I notice that I reguarly drop in 2-5 minutes late in the raid, and die more to European users, so Im likely on a European server at that time.

I can honestly say that in one 15 minute timespan, I did 4 PMC raids and 1 Scav in Woods. The Scav run was first... died before the text even finished typing out... 
1st PMC raid, went in geared to the teeth(for what I had, never once played with a Fort... not as common for me as others) Spawned inside the little blown out building next to a dude with a Fort+M4, got hosed before I could even turn around... 
The next I went in semi-geared(running out of gear/money now), spawned by the rock, sprinted away to get away from spawn, died within 100 ft(not even 15 seconds), hosed by unknown suppressed fire.
Next, I spent the last of my money on a cheap rifle/gear; spawned into the same spot(right of the rock) and dropped on the spot. Waited ~2 minutes, was about to wait 2 more when 4 dudes w/ M4's come round the other side of the rock and waste me before I could get 5 shots off. Hadnt moved 10 ft.
The final I actually made it up to the sniper rock before someone shot me in the ass.

Still, this is 4 instances of dying within moments or feet of the spawn... in such a small timespan.

Since then, I avoid playing during peak hours... And its worked out pretty well so far. :D 

I read that the dynamic spawn system is planned to roll out with the next patch.:beawesome: That should solve the problem entirely... assuming that it takes other players current positions into account.(pretty sure it does :begreat:)

24 minutes ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

I wait for people longer than it takes to load the map... usually done in 20-25 seconds... 30 is kinda slow for even Customs or Shoreline. And I have a 7200rpm WD drive, nothing special. 50$US on newegg.

Its not by any means common for me, but I did notice a trend of it happening more during local peak hours... so it seems to get worse with server load.

At the other end... between 4-8am local, I notice that I reguarly drop in 2-5 minutes late in the raid, and die more to European users, so Im likely on a European server at that time.

I can honestly say that in one 15 minute timespan, I did 4 PMC raids and 1 Scav in Woods. The Scav run was first... died before the text even finished typing out... 
1st PMC raid, went in geared to the teeth(for what I had, never once played with a Fort... not as common for me as others) Spawned inside the little blown out building next to a dude with a Fort+M4, got hosed before I could even turn around... 
The next I went in semi-geared(running out of gear/money now), spawned by the rock, sprinted away to get away from spawn, died within 100 ft(not even 15 seconds), hosed by unknown suppressed fire.
Next, I spent the last of my money on a cheap rifle/gear; spawned into the same spot(right of the rock) and dropped on the spot. Waited ~2 minutes, was about to wait 2 more when 4 dudes w/ M4's come round the other side of the rock and waste me before I could get 5 shots off. Hadnt moved 10 ft.
The final I actually made it up to the sniper rock before someone shot me in the ass.

Still, this is 4 instances of dying within moments or feet of the spawn... in such a small timespan.

Since then, I avoid playing during peak hours... And its worked out pretty well so far. :D 

I read that the dynamic spawn system is planned to roll out with the next patch.:beawesome: That should solve the problem entirely... assuming that it takes other players current positions into account.(pretty sure it does :begreat:)

It seems to happen a decent amount with scav mode, because you spawn with other scavs at times. Truthfully though I don't play woods anymore, because I think it needs more to it. My favorite is customs, the engagements are alot more diverse and fun. I'm quite curious how they plan to change the spawning and extracting features.

58 minutes ago, zpwarrior said:

It seems to happen a decent amount with scav mode, because you spawn with other scavs at times. Truthfully though I don't play woods anymore, because I think it needs more to it. My favorite is customs, the engagements are alot more diverse and fun. I'm quite curious how they plan to change the spawning and extracting features.

Customs is my fave for sure. :) 

I was running Woods so much to complete Prapors Scav kill quest. :bemaybe: