kondziowy

Sensitivity changing with different armor ...is a bad idea

kondziowy

Isn't it natural for you to keep sens the same in all games? Turning speed penality on armor is a dumb feature. 

To avoid sens changes I adjust my sensitivity depending on the armor I am wearing, or I even change it while in Raid -if I pick up armor. 

The only thing it's good for, is punishing LOW SENSITIVITY players, who already can't do 360 in one swipe (and I have huge QCK+), and with armor they became slow as turtles. Changing sens becomes a necessity and I hate doing this every 5 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

RonBuan

I personally think its realistic sort of... however as you have mentioned, there are 3rd party devices and softwares ( none of which I use ) that help boost sensitivity on the fly to counter this i imagine. 

It's beta though, they could tweak this system or change it entirely. I wouldn't mind seeing it stay and them somehow overriding / forcing the sensitivity they want so mice and programs will not help increase past what they envisioned. 

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
3 hours ago, kondziowy said:

Isn't it natural for you to keep sens the same in all games? Turning speed penality on armor is a dumb feature. 

To avoid sens changes I adjust my sensitivity depending on the armor I am wearing, or I even change it while in Raid -if I pick up armor. 

The only thing it's good for, is punishing LOW SENSITIVITY players, who already can't do 360 in one swipe (and I have huge QCK+), and with armor they became slow as turtles. Changing sens becomes a necessity and I hate doing this every 5 minutes.

xDxD Go strap 40 kilo's of crap to you and tell me that you can still maneuver as fast as you could without it... xD 

If its such a big deal, you should get a gaming KB/M. Mine has 3 DPI settings. I use the lowest when sniping, the fastest for CQC, and the middle 90% of the time. 

image.png.c2188cd958118fffd46278027b89978f.png
image.png.9ca6e8a987a0d2f270c341f5a8c3006d.png

The cheapest variant of this type is ~30$US normally, not expensive by any means, and you can usually find some kind of sale. Especially around Xmas season. :) 

31 minutes ago, RonBuan said:

somehow overriding / forcing the sensitivity they want so mice and programs will not help increase past what they envisioned. 

Ive played a few games that dont react to the DPI change on the mouse... so its certainly possible.

• Upvote 1

RonBuan
1 minute ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

xDxD Go strap 40 kilo's of crap to you and tell me that you can still maneuver as fast as you could without it... xD 

If its such a big deal, you should get a gaming KB/M. Mine has 3 DPI settings. I use the lowest when sniping, the fastest for CQC, and the middle 90% of the time. 

image.png.c2188cd958118fffd46278027b89978f.png
image.png.9ca6e8a987a0d2f270c341f5a8c3006d.png

The cheapest variant of this type is ~30$US normally, not expensive by any means, and you can usually find some kind of sale. Especially around Xmas season. :) 

Ive played a few games that dont react to the DPI change on the mouse... so its certainly possible.

I never liked how all them keyboards and mice looked lol... im running a blank das keyboard and a 3 button logitech crap mouse lolol.

But yea, I also played games where they somehow disabled my friends sensivity stuff and he was whining... but again I remain ignorant and uneffected with my bo bo mouse lol.

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
7 minutes ago, RonBuan said:

I never liked how all them keyboards and mice looked lol... im running a blank das keyboard and a 3 button logitech crap mouse lolol.

But yea, I also played games where they somehow disabled my friends sensivity stuff and he was whining... but again I remain ignorant and uneffected with my bo bo mouse lol.

My PC is all blue LED(except for the MSI 960 :begreat:) and I have a CoolerMaster push-pull CPU fan, so it all looks pretty together.

The best part is how I shoved it all into a micro-atx case... O.oxDxDxD Couldnt put the side on if I tried. Looks like this:

image.png.6ad4fed4776c02afde8ece5c59f693f6.png

Only black n blue n more computery. xDxDxDxDxDxD

• Like 1

kondziowy

Naah I'm not changing my Zowie to some random poo mouse. Messing with sensitivity sounds very casual, I hope this doesn't make it to the final game. Anybody playing competitive fps games will agree. It's all about consistency in sens.

Edited by kondziowy

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
28 minutes ago, kondziowy said:

Naah I'm not changing my Zowie to some random poo mouse. Messing with sensitivity sounds very casual, I hope this doesn't make it to the final game. Anybody playing competitive fps games will agree. It's all about consistency in sens.

Naah, EfT is all about realism. Not being able to maneuver as well with armor on is realistic. Have a backpack at home? Or any kind of large bag? Load it with as much junk as you can, and run around a bit... youll understand quickly. ;) 

Also... Cooler Master is very far from random poo... if you discount them, its your loss. 

Also, also, theyre not the only ones to make multi-DPI mouses. ;) 

kondziowy

Ok, well. Is it realistic to run with a broken leg, or take 5 gun shots to your body, heal up take another 20 shots heal up again and run away like nothing happens?

SmokeyMcB0ngwtr

Realism and gameplay have to compromise.

I think strictly for muscle memory sake, armor shouldn't cause a sensitivity punishment. It would otherwise cause the current elitist "GiT gUd AnD sPeNd MoRe MoNeY oN pErIpHeRaLs To SwItCh DpI" to have even more of an advantage, whilst defending their out-of-game advantage by saying "HURR ITS REALISTIC EVEN THOUGH I CHANGE MY MOUSE SENS TO GET AROUND THE REALISM"

These people are the garbage of EFT community.

• Upvote 1

Mineace
19 minutes ago, SmokeyMcB0ngwtr said:

"HURR ITS REALISTIC EVEN THOUGH I CHANGE MY MOUSE SENS TO GET AROUND THE REALISM"

Agreed, there are many other ways to simulate better ergonomics/weight than sensitivity, such as ADS time, chamber/mag check time, reload speed, and everything else that goes through an animation.

1 hour ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

Naah, EfT is all about realism. Not being able to maneuver as well with armor on is realistic.

The problem is that you can't change your sensitivity in real life, but you can in the game, negating the realism effect. 

Edited by Mineace
Merged 2 comments
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vandemonium

New player here, so I have not had any personal experience with heavy armor, but I am of the opinion that any in game mechanic that can be overcome with peripherals is not healthy for the overall state of the game.

I think It would be better to impose penalties that are unable to be circumvented, such as top end sprint speed, acceleration, increased noise while moving, leaning and stance delays, etc., as these changes would apply to the entire population, and still provide a sense of realism.

Additionally, this system would make the decision to use the heavy armor a tactical consideration that you would want to plan around, instead of an obvious advantage in all situations.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

kondziowy

Yes, I see you guys get it. Any penalty is good but not sensitivity. It's hard to recommend the game to friends if they know it will mess with their muscle memory.

• Upvote 1

Gr8WhiteBuffalo

Was a simple suggestion folks... no need to get worked up. ;) 

4 hours ago, Vandemonium said:

I am of the opinion that any in game mechanic that can be overcome with peripherals is not healthy for the overall state of the game.

Not sure how a multi-dpi mouse breaks the realism... IRL, you have more fine motor control (or at least I do) than with a mouse. So its perfectly feasible to adjust my sensitivity on the fly, just like you would in the real world.

4 hours ago, Mineace said:

The problem is that you can't change your sensitivity in real life,

So... when you walk around in your home, you turn as fast as your Tarkov character??? Seems dizzying... :D 

4 hours ago, Vandemonium said:

I think It would be better to impose penalties that are unable to be circumvented, such as top end sprint speed, acceleration, increased noise while moving, leaning and stance delays,

Other than leaning restriction, all these are already a part of the game. Dont forget total available stamina. ;) (thats the little green bar that goes down when you sprint)

5 hours ago, SmokeyMcB0ngwtr said:

elitist????

laugh13.gif

I didnt buy the KB/M for the mouse... it was the best looking set in the store for under 30 bucks. ;) (old KB/M died)
The multi dpi was an unexpected bonus, and as I said, 90% of the time(maybe more???) I use the middle setting anyway. And why is it totally cool to change sens in settings... but Im "Elitist" because my mouse already does that? xD 

Anyways; the main point was that the dude was unhappy that he had to constantly go into the settings to change sensitivity... Im sure there are hotkey programs or something... but I chose to present a cheap alternative, that comes with other positives, like the led backlighting is good for more than just gaming... and what pc user isnt a sucker for aesthetics? :D If youre already happy with your KB/M, thats fine... I was just trying to bring something constructive to the table, and referencing my own personal experience with it.

6 hours ago, kondziowy said:

Anybody playing competitive fps games will agree.

True... Im really not that good. And the ones who are seem to just have really high sensitivity all the time. Makes it too hard to use the PSO, and Im really loving that baby on my new SKS. :) 

Cheerio chaps, n stay frosty. :begood:
GWB

Edited by Gr8WhiteBuffalo
  • Thanks 1

RonBuan
8 hours ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

Also... Cooler Master is very far from random poo... if you discount them, its your loss. 

Love coolermaster. 

8 hours ago, kondziowy said:

It's all about consistency in sens.

To me true consistency is making the sensitivity the same for everyone regardless of your mouse dpi and crazy whatever the truck else. No macros no nonsenses.. just the game the developers envisioned without the troubles created by determined swine ( darkfall days coming back to me being ruined by macro warfare ). 

8 hours ago, kondziowy said:

Ok, well. Is it realistic to run with a broken leg, or take 5 gun shots to your body, heal up take another 20 shots heal up again and run away like nothing happens?

Realistic? Read some war storys and you would be suprised what the human body can achieve. Have you ever heard of Rasputin? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grigori_Rasputin The dude literally was posioned, shot, and beaten to death... then thrown in a river chained up... they later found his body... and HE HAD ducking BROKEN FREE OF THE CHAINS LOL. People with a will to survive can do the unimaginable, hormones and adrenaline pumping through you. Drug addicts that take crazy stuff need to be shot in vitals because they charge relentlessly without fear ( even running on a broken limb ) 

Yea its dumb to think people do this every day, but this is tarkov... do you want to escape? Eat pills. Check weapon, Escape. Kill. Survive.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/man-survives-after-being-shot-21-times-in-gunfight-20100809-11ukw.html

Luck happens, Willpower happens, Tarkov... happens lol.

7 hours ago, SmokeyMcB0ngwtr said:

These people are the garbage of EFT community.

What side are you on exactly? Just the not garbage grey area? lol Wut? 

7 hours ago, Mineace said:

The problem is that you can't change your sensitivity in real life, but you can in the game, negating the realism effect. 

We talked about games that have managed to throttle you down and force the same sens. It's possible with enough code genius brain power lol.

2 hours ago, Gr8WhiteBuffalo said:

So... when you walk around in your home, you turn as fast as your Tarkov character??? Seems dizzying... :D

Bro I dance, slide, and thumble around like a mad man at home. It is my kingdom and dojo lol. You might want to start training lol :D

Other than leaning restriction, all these are already a part of the game. Dont forget total available stamina. ;) (thats the little green bar that goes down when you sprint)

And I sure am glad they are boiii.

laugh13.gif

Me when I log back into tarkov forums to lurk and twerk on some posts.

stay frosty. :begood:

Aways this. If your frosty enough... even the fastest spin still aint gonna stop my icy winds. 

-------- Enough quotes! More ideas! --------

Speaking of heavy gear doing stuff... wouldnt it be nice to get smacked around by your gear? What do you mean RonBuan your crazy?! Go to bed or explain... 

Picture this... your Trizip is chuck full of.... ( literally anything, but the heavier items the better )... now suddenly you spin around really fast.... Smack! your backpack slings around and jerks your camera... would be neat :D 

Making people fully loaded with loot need to take more caution and time extracting I think would be awesome. It makes me mad that a naked me... and a fully loaded me... pretty much run the same speed and feel the same. Where is the sluggish-ness. Where is the random mumbles bitching about my damn backpack straps diggin in or armor making me sweat my balls off...

Anyway... I'm clearly off topic. Later my guys. 

Edited by RonBuan

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
1 hour ago, RonBuan said:

To me true consistency is making the sensitivity the same for everyone regardless of your mouse dpi

Id wouldnt mind it. 

Bro I dance, slide, and thumble around like a mad man at home. It is my kingdom and dojo lol. You might want to start training lol :D

Oh, I need to fer shure...(I miss doin Weng Chun) But outside. :begreat: My apartment is way too small for that... and Im a class 5 hoarder...(1-5, 1 being worst :begreat:) But even with just the furniture, Im a bull in a china shop. xD Cant walk too fast in here if I wanna keep my toes intact... And I gotta not kill cats n stuff. :D 

Smack! your backpack slings around and jerks your camera

Im with it. But packs that have the little clip(that goes around your abdomen and clips in the front), like the MBSS should stay put no matter what. We should be able to damn near hula with good n loaded duffel, fer shure. :D Might be asking a bit much of the devs tho. :uohwell:

It makes me mad that a naked me... and a fully loaded me... pretty much run the same speed and feel the same.

Hmm... maybe a placebo... but I did a super successful pistol run last week(P226, 3 mags, and a brain loaded on caffeine :begreat:), and I noticed a pretty good difference between overall speed/maneuverability/stamina between the time I started and the time I made the final push to the EZ. My player was also about level 10, and stamina skill was lvl 2 or 3... I know that makes a difference in the difference. ;) 
Kind of extreme example tho... I came in without even a vest or pack, and left with a stacked Alpha rig, packed AVS stuffed into an otherwise loaded MBSS packed Russian Nesting Doll style into 2 other packs... :D I swear my stamina burnt almost twice as fast as I was runnin for that exit. xD Also was pretty low on hydration (~20-30), pretty sure that plays a part too. Not sure where energy was, that usually burns pretty slow...

making me sweat my balls off

Can you even sweat in Russia in this time of year? xD I mean, outside at least. ;) 

Cheers,
GWB

kondziowy
14 hours ago, RonBuan said:

To me true consistency is making the sensitivity the same for everyone regardless of your mouse dpi and crazy whatever the truck else. No macros no nonsenses.. 

No god dammit.. Sensitivity is something you set once and stick to it through years - that's how cs:go pros are pros. They don't change their setup ever because they would lose months of practice. 

It's like setting your monitor at the same distance from your eyes always.

And btw, the accuracy of sens sliders is not good enough as I always find myself setting it too fast or too slow. They should add one more decimal place. I use the slowest 400dpi setting on my mouse and I still can't set it right. With more dpi I can't even imagine the struggle.

Edited by kondziowy

RonBuan
4 hours ago, kondziowy said:

No god dammit.

lol. Yes my guy. The game should feel the same for everyone regardless of your equipment to boost past what was what the developers intended. CSGO is totally different. They want you to be able to do that shizzle.  Its not like setting your monitor up at the right distance. Its like... cheating basically in some instance to use macros / dpi changers... many games have become broken past the point of return because of poo like that. (Darkfall as an example). FPS shooters yea, people like adjusting their dpi... but if no one could ( regardless of soft or hardware ) it would be fair. Everyone would suffer the same. Its a game bro. lol 

Spending 50 bucks on a competative mouse so you can snap shoot is so 2000.

Sedlacek
On 15/12/2017 at 4:44 PM, kondziowy said:

The game is still in beta. I believe the health system will be redesigned to a more realistic one in the future. 

vitamina
On 16/12/2017 at 7:42 PM, RonBuan said:

lol. Yes my guy. The game should feel the same for everyone regardless of your equipment to boost past what was what the developers intended. CSGO is totally different. They want you to be able to do that shizzle.  Its not like setting your monitor up at the right distance. Its like... cheating basically in some instance to use macros / dpi changers... many games have become broken past the point of return because of poo like that. (Darkfall as an example). FPS shooters yea, people like adjusting their dpi... but if no one could ( regardless of soft or hardware ) it would be fair. Everyone would suffer the same. Its a game bro. lol 

Spending 50 bucks on a competative mouse so you can snap shoot is so 2000.

Macros and dpi changers in csgo? have you even played high level counter strike? I dont even...

vitamina

I can't stress this enough.
It is a bad idea guys. There are so many ways that you can penalize players using armor that doesn't mess up muscle memory.
Messing with turning speeds is just awfull because we want to be competitive, we want to become better, and that rely on strategy, decision making, and training muscle memory with consistency. If armour or weapon attachments mess with turning speeds/ADS you cannot be consistent.
Obviously this system can be overcome by changing the dpi setting, as I and a lot of people currently do.
Suggestions for weight inpact that does not mess with muscle memory have been mentioned above, as a lot of them alredy take part in the game.

vitamina
On 16/12/2017 at 12:45 AM, RonBuan said:

-------- Enough quotes! More ideas! --------

Speaking of heavy gear doing stuff... wouldnt it be nice to get smacked around by your gear? What do you mean RonBuan your crazy?! Go to bed or explain... 

Picture this... your Trizip is chuck full of.... ( literally anything, but the heavier items the better )... now suddenly you spin around really fast.... Smack! your backpack slings around and jerks your camera... would be neat :D 

Making people fully loaded with loot need to take more caution and time extracting I think would be awesome. It makes me mad that a naked me... and a fully loaded me... pretty much run the same speed and feel the same. Where is the sluggish-ness. Where is the random mumbles bitching about my damn backpack straps diggin in or armor making me sweat my balls off...

Anyway... I'm clearly off topic. Later my guys. 

ARE YOU NUTS???
This is even worse lol. Movement on the your cursor that doesnt correspond to the movement you made with your mouse?? Really???
There has to be a sweetspot between realism and gameplay. If you want this kind of realism, airsoft milsim is the way :D

Edited by vitamina

KlLLABUDZ
2 hours ago, vitamina said:

I can't stress this enough.
It is a bad idea guys. There are so many ways that you can penalize players using armor that doesn't mess up muscle memory.
Messing with turning speeds is just awfull because we want to be competitive, we want to become better, and that rely on strategy, decision making, and training muscle memory with consistency. If armour or weapon attachments mess with turning speeds/ADS you cannot be consistent.
Obviously this system can be overcome by changing the dpi setting, as I and a lot of people currently do.
Suggestions for weight inpact that does not mess with muscle memory have been mentioned above, as a lot of them alredy take part in the game.

We are talking about a game with so many realistic features like leg damage slowing down movement, arm damage making your aim wobbly and head damage making your vision blurry. Why the hell wouldnt ADS speed at least be changed based on the weight of your weapon?
Higher levels already have huge advantages in how fast they can run and how high they can jump, a bunch of shortcuts become available at certain points, stress training makes the flinching from being shot at do less, etc. Now slap a fort on that guy and he is still zipping around far faster than a PACA wearing lower level, and can still ads stupidly fast. Wearing huge armor like fort bloody well should make it a painful thing as a compromise to its huge damage mitigation. It should make you substantially slower to move, turn, ads, loot, use items, even unlock doors.
Remember this is a game where you scuffle your feet really loud if you just turn too quickly on the spot.
They need to introduce a system to stop macro abusers from stat training and imo lessen the stat bonus, Its pretty annoying to a person who plays a couple times a week to have to play vs no lifers who have 2k hours on the game and not only have map knowledge advantage but also have huge stat advantage.

2 hours ago, vitamina said:

ARE YOU NUTS???
This is even worse lol. Movement on the your cursor that doesnt correspond to the movement you made with your mouse?? Really???

Oh you mean like when you loot a container or open a door and your char moves to directly in front of it? Or when your arm gets shot up and your aim wobbles everywhere? Or when you go prone and cant aim very far up or down?
It has stat bonuses like % chance of fractures is lessened. Why shouldnt it have effects on other things?Like sprinting over rough ground like rubble and broken fences could have a chance to trip you up and you either end up prone or crouched down with a significant noise and aim penalty. A fully loaded backpack unbalancing you is not at all unbelievable.
Legit have you ever actually fired a gun? Its not easy to hit moving targets standing still and comfortable. Now slap on some heavy gear and stand on crappy ground instead of a nice flat and stable shooting range and engage targets through trees and bushes, trying to watch for targets while holding your gun with one hand so you can fend off branches and keep looking at the ground every couple seconds with reduced FOV due to helmet and goggles.
But while the netcode is so amazingly terrible im not sure how much an impact ads times have anyway. I barely bother with fort because the majority of the time one player just blasts the other before the other even sees him.
Hear footsteps running up to a door so turn and aim at door, start getting shot, as your screen turns dark see the door open. HURRAY! ISNT THAT FANTASTIC.
Slightly off topic the vendor system is a freaking joke. The best bullets that offer a substantial advantage are extremely limited. So when I see that timer under 20 mins, if I dont want to miss out, I have to NOT PLAY THE GAME and wait for the restock so I can buy the good bullets. Meanwhile the vendor gets 50k odd bullets and people can buy thousands of them and sells out withing seconds. Wouldnt it be smarter to have a per player limit? So people non stop playing have to run diff bullets and the more casual players dont get screwed over?

Ronkde

Wouldnt it be more effective to just increase weapon sway when aiming around with heavy armor?

Chouette
4 hours ago, Ronkde said:

Wouldnt it be more effective to just increase weapon sway when aiming around with heavy armor?

I second this. Mouse sensitivity should be the same but effects on gun intertia and stamina should be worse. The big armor wearer should not be be as agile a Legolas and do 180's like it's nothing.

I think of a tank game where the turret will take more time to align to the commander's view, to simulate the slower rotation while keeping the mouse sensitivity identical.