Sign in to follow this  
Shotgun_Hobo

Instadeath Hack

Shotgun_Hobo

Hacker or not you decide

Leitbild

Could just be the recent soundbug. Dunno what happened to your mate but the moment you died, just didnt moved for a good second or atleast enough time to give you a booping on the nooging if you catch my drift. Recently stuff doesnt make sounds for whatever reason. Afterall, you´re a good target on that bridge.

DaBombgamer

Yeah, a good recommendation is while you aren't shooting at him, to keep moving so you aren't an easy target. BSG doesn't allow these kinds of posts in the first place, and from my experience in the game, I can tell this is a legit player, just bugged sound.

Shotgun_Hobo
7 minutes ago, Leitbild said:

Could just be the recent soundbug. Dunno what happened to your mate but the moment you died, just didnt moved for a good second or atleast enough time to give you a booping on the nooging if you catch my drift. Recently stuff doesnt make sounds for whatever reason. Afterall, you´re a good target on that bridge.

3 minutes ago, DaBombgamer said:

Yeah, a good recommendation is while you aren't shooting at him, to keep moving so you aren't an easy target. BSG doesn't allow these kinds of posts in the first place, and from my experience in the game, I can tell this is a legit player, just bugged sound.

Watch the video guys !

3 of us were spread out no way that was an audio bug

The offending player wasnt anywhere nearby 

The player you can see moving towards gas station is a party member who also died seconds later without damage

DaBombgamer
10 minutes ago, Shotgun_Hobo said:

Watch the video guys !

3 of us were spread out no way that was an audio bug

The offending player wasnt anywhere nearby 

The player you can see moving towards gas station is a party member who also died seconds later without damage

Here's what I saw. He killed your friend (completely possible) and your mistake was you stood still for a solid 5 seconds which gave him a chance to land a clear headshot. Then your other friend died 10 seconds later which is enough time for the player to get a clear los on him. I still stick by my ruling of non-hacker and just a bug.

Shotgun_Hobo

The video was from a friends perspective , i was the first to die , Just wanted to be clear 

All 3 of us did not take a hit and yet died within seconds of each other

No audio no visual effect no blur from hit no damage taken just fade to black.

All 3 of us were not shot! Just fade to black.

If u are shot your screen will blur not just fade to black.

I'm just saying

HTX
4 minutes ago, DaBombgamer said:

Yeah, but he had time to get headshots, which as you know, even with helmets, you can sometimes get 1 shot headshotted. Which is clearly what happened here. There's really no point in debating this because by morning it's going to be locked by a moderator.

Even if it wasn't, there is still no point debating this. Unless you see exactly what the "offender" saw in this instance there's no way of telling what happened. If he is cheating he will be caught and banned by the anti-cheat. The forums isn't a place to discuss whether or not someone is cheating.

As @Leitbild mentioned this could be nothing more than just a audio or server sync bug.

Izbushka

I can say from personal experience Hobo - that in just a few days I have seen PLENTY of sound and even visual bugs in EFT. My friends hearing shots, grenades, and other sounds that I don't - one of my friends lost me on a sprint to the exit, because he said I ran though a door that was closed on his screen. We timed out and lost all our gear because of it. Things like this happen.

They aren't always present - but things like this, being shot while there is No sound or even reaction sounds from my entity in the game - DOES happen on a regular basis to me. One happened to me today. Usually I survive by breaking contact and running.

Blacked arm, bleeding leg, and popped stomach - out of no where. ... again I clarify - NO sound at all - none from my character - and no visuals except a slight flinch and a little blur around the edges. If you guys would have survived the first shot I would bet that this would be your experience as well.

It might be hard to admit but chances are this was a bug. Going to a forum and naming your post "Hack" is just confusing the issue. It's great that you posted it so you can have the support of other players, and the folks at BSG can take a look too. They can determine if it's a hack or not. Sorry you guys had to deal with it, it's something we need to accept during development.

Edited by Izbushka

HTX
1 minute ago, Izbushka said:

It might be hard to admit but chances are this was a bug. Going to a forum and naming your post "Hack" is just confusing the issue. It's great that you posted it so you can have the support of other players, and the folks at BSG can take a look too. They can determine if it's a hack or not. Sorry you guys had to deal with it, it's something we need to accept during development.

The thing is BSG won't actually look at this and determine anything. They don't take manual reports for cheaters, the anti-cheat will catch them. Posting clips/videos/screenshots containing players names at this stage in development is also extremely rude and frowned upon, he is effectively "witch hunting" someone who most likely just ran into one of the many bugs in the game.

I don't believe he will have much support from other players on the forum with a post like this.

• Upvote 1

Izbushka

@HTX And rightfully so - Had he posted here with some question marks, without the "witch hunt", hacker tag, hacker title and all - he would get more support. However he's got my condolences as I've been there. (I'm sort of playing the "Good Cop" here, if you can't tell :D)

In regards to BSG, don't think that they wont tally the instances and feedback about bugs like this. Just the fact that they know it's happening should be enough for them to do some more tests, dig in the crate and fix the issue. They are game developers making a game, and this is a serious issue - so - if it is fixed at all during the development of the final product, it's a win for everyone. ...

That's all I was trying to imply was that they would pay attention at some point to reports of issues with the game. I agree this isn't the way to go about getting attention.

Edited by Izbushka

HTX
1 minute ago, Izbushka said:

@HTX And rightfully so - Had he posted here with some question marks, without the "witch hunt", hacker tag, hacker title and all - he would get more support. However he's got my condolences as I've been there. (I'm sort of playing the "Good Cop" here, if you can't tell :D)

In regards to BSG, don't think that they wont tally the instances and feedback about bugs like this. Just the fact that they know it's happening should be enough for them to do some more tests, dig in the crate and fix the issue. They are game developers making a game, and this is a serious issue - so - if it is fixed at all during the development of the final product, it's a win for everyone. ...

That's all I was trying to imply was that they would pay attention at some point to reports of issues with the game. I agree this isn't the way to go about getting attention.

I would imagine BSG knows more than anyone about potential exploits and hacks currently available. The easiest way to close a loophole is to know how to exploit it. The problem is posts like OP's are saturating the forums, and offer next to nothing for the discussion. Even if every person in this thread thought the person he is calling out was hacking, it would still amount to nothing.

• Like 1

Shotgun_Hobo
36 minutes ago, HTX said:

The thing is BSG won't actually look at this and determine anything. They don't take manual reports for cheaters, the anti-cheat will catch them. Posting clips/videos/screenshots containing players names at this stage in development is also extremely rude and frowned upon, he is effectively "witch hunting" someone who most likely just ran into one of the many bugs in the game.

I don't believe he will have much support from other players on the forum with a post like this.

I did not call him a cheat i posted the evidence to support it .

You can decide for your self

How dose the stage of development have anything to do with posting a video of someone cheating ?

I have played this game for long enough to know this game can have audio bugs. Every time i have experienced the audio bug it has been limited to a single client and all other party members are able to hear what i cannot . Think about times you have seen this yourself.

If you want to believe that all 3 of us experienced an audio and visual bug simultaneously and were all one shot without any reaction to being hit then go ahead and believe that i'm not telling you what to think just to look at the video and think!

HTX

@Shotgun_Hobo

"I did not call him a cheat i posted the evidence to support it ."

This sentence by itself is contradictory. You didn't "call" him a cheater, but you posted evidence you think makes it look like he is/was.

"You can decide for your self"

Thankfully I don't need to, as BSG's anti cheat takes care of things like this so the end-user doesn't have to worry about it.

"How dose the stage of development have anything to do with posting a video of someone cheating?"

Because like many other users, you are posting a video/clip of someone you suspect is up to no good, when there is really no reliable way at this point in the games development stage for anyone to decide if this instance is a result of hacks/cheats or exploit, or just merely a bug/glitch.

"If you want to believe that all 3 of us experienced an audio and visual bug simultaneously..."

I don't have an opinion (belief) as to what happened in this video, only god can know exactly what happened. I just put my faith in the anti-cheat in situations like this and move on with my life.

Edited by HTX

LethalsLoaded

Please follow our forum rules before opening a thread. Making a post on a topic already discussed and answered is a violation.

We do not accept hacker reports at this time. The anti cheat will detect the hackers that really are cheating and ban them.