Sign in to follow this  
carthagelost

My Most Frustrating Moment

carthagelost

So, I'm doing a Customs run looking for the guard key, which I don't find of course. So I figure, screw it, I'll head to the marked room. Why not? Oh my! Look what I found, a suppressed AK and a VSS! My lucky day. Let me just drop my...wait, what? Why is my inventory constantly blinking? Why can't I do anything with my main hand?

N7SB7Yy.png

My hands were stuck like this:

uzsZNbS.png

I couldn't fire or shoot or even switch to melee. I was completely defenseless in one of the most dangerous areas of customs. I couldn't even reload. Sneaking out didn't work when I hit the gas station and there were three scavs waiting for me. 

So yeah. I've had other frustrating moments, but nothing that made me want to quit than this bug. 

Edited by carthagelost

HTX
2 minutes ago, carthagelost said:

So, I'm doing a Customs run looking for the guard key, which I don't find of course. So I figure, screw it, I'll head to the marked room. Why not? Oh my! Look what I found, a suppressed AK and a VSS! My lucky day. Let me just drop my...wait, what? Why is my inventory constantly blinking? Why can't I do anything with my main hand?

I couldn't fire or shoot or even switch to melee. I was completely defenseless in one of the most dangerous areas of customs. I couldn't even reload. Sneaking out didn't work when I hit the gas station and there were three scavs waiting for me. 

So yeah. I've had other frustrating moments, but nothing that made me want to quit than this bug. 

Just for future information if this bug occurs again, you can fix it by hiding somewhere safe, Alt+F4ing and reloading back into the raid.

carthagelost
2 minutes ago, HTX said:

Just for future information if this bug occurs again, you can fix it by hiding somewhere safe, Alt+F4ing and reloading back into the raid.

Thanks, I didn't realize that. I've had the hand thing happen, but it was only when I was extracting, never when I was looting or playing. 

zpwarrior
2 hours ago, carthagelost said:

Thanks, I didn't realize that. I've had the hand thing happen, but it was only when I was extracting, never when I was looting or playing. 

Welcome to beta testing :). I've lost a full rig of high end gear to my own bugged grenades. The way she goes bud (Props to those who know the reference).

Djent_

Finding that kind of loot or even more rare loot in the marked room is pretty common, just keep farming it and you'll have some good stuff within a dozen raids or so.

Also bring some ammo with you so you can actually use the guns you might find.

Edited by THALL

HTX
5 minutes ago, THALL said:

Finding that kind of loot or even more rare loot in the marked room is pretty common, just keep farming it and you'll have some good stuff within a dozen raids or so.

Also bring some ammo with you so you can actually use the guns you might find.

If you didn't see his post, it wasn't the lack of ammo that was his issue :D He was experiencing a desync/gun glitch where you can access your inventory or shoot etc. Bringing ammo with him wouldn't have helped.

Djent_
26 minutes ago, HTX said:

If you didn't see his post, it wasn't the lack of ammo that was his issue :D He was experiencing a desync/gun glitch where you can access your inventory or shoot etc. Bringing ammo with him wouldn't have helped.

I saw the post, I'm telling him why it isn't a loss of gear and that it's easily repeatable.

Edited by THALL

HTX
3 minutes ago, THALL said:

I saw the post, I'm telling him why it isn't a loss of gear and that it's easily repeatable.

Ah gotcha! Sorry for the misunderstanding.

530skeptic

I feel ya, man. But don't quit. This is, after all, a closed beta experience. Imagine what things will be like with more polish. It will shape up into something unique and consistent.

carthagelost
3 hours ago, zpwarrior said:

Welcome to beta testing :). I've lost a full rig of high end gear to my own bugged grenades. The way she goes bud (Props to those who know the reference).

Oh, I've been killed by invisible grenades and teleporting scavs and scavs with five grenades at once. This was just more frustrating than normal.

1 hour ago, 530skeptic said:

I feel ya, man. But don't quit. This is, after all, a closed beta experience. Imagine what things will be like with more polish. It will shape up into something unique and consistent.

I'm not, its just one of those moments that makes you want to break your keyboard.

2 hours ago, THALL said:

I know, its just frustrating. And I did have ammo for the AKS.

HAMBURGLER71
3 hours ago, zpwarrior said:

Sometimes she goes and sometimes she dont bud

• Upvote 1