Sign in to follow this  
Enki_Destroyer

Delete the Time Limit in Tasks

Enki_Destroyer

Task and quest like :

Kill 20 scavs in 1 hour

Kill 25 BEARs in 3 hour

Worst Tasks in the game , I dont like waste weapons and gears for a maniatic-rush-nonsense quest. 

I lose the desire to play with this.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Natalino

Hello,

The timers are what give it a challenge. If not killing 20 SCAVs would be the easiest thing you can do in Tarkov and Tarkov is all about the hardcore gameplay. This should be a challenge for yourself to take upon. Do not be discouraged by a little challenge since the journey ahead might be even harsher.

Enjoy!

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

Djent_
9 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Hello,

The timers are what give it a challenge. If not killing 20 SCAVs would be the easiest thing you can do in Tarkov and Tarkov is all about the hardcore gameplay. This should be a challenge for yourself to take upon. Do not be discouraged by a little challenge since the journey ahead might be even harsher.

Enjoy!

However a time limit leaves too much to RNG, and ruins the hardcore aspect entirely. I'm sure most people would agree that tasks shouldn't be something that we get lucky on, as loot in itself is based around chance, instead tasks should be something we have to work hard and grind for, but still have the guarantee of progressing without risk of not finishing it in time.

A way to do this would be to make it 50/100/200 scavs rather than 25 in 1 hour, it requires more hard work but doesn't lock people out from progressing purely because they keep getting matched into inadequate raids. As for punishier part 6, the same could apply: 100 Bears rather than 25 in 3 hours, possibly even add some kind of other requirement such as handing in some loot items aswell that requires some farming also.

Edited by THALL
  • Thanks 1

zmgoshert
13 minutes ago, Enki_Destroyer said:

Task and quest like :

Kill 20 scavs in 1 hour

Kill 25 BEARs in 3 hour

Worst Tasks in the game , I dont like waste weapons and gears for a maniatic-rush-nonsense quest. 

I lose the desire to play with this.

I personally like having the timers. Like the Devs stated, it makes it a challenge. The one I find issues with are the ones that make you lose loyalty if not completed in time. I ran the first skier quest 3 times before I realized that my loyalty was being penalized each time. Really set me back on unlocking his progression.

Loudstorm
Только что, zmgoshert сказал:

Like the Devs stated, it makes it a challenge.

But it's wrong statement. :\

nachtmaere
15 minutes ago, Loudstorm said:

As you can see devs don't give a poo.

Play in groups, use glitches and bugs to achieve what you want. That's only thing I can suggest for you.

4 hours ago, nachtmaere said:

Devs have no interest in removing the time limit, the time restrictions are an 'intended feature' and as such are not open to debate.

It is intended to force you to work with a squad (Which i'm told will work properly in future, AKA squad kills bear, counts for all members quest progress) and apparently will tie in nicely with the new 'Story' system when released, they have a plan for it, and the plan is set in stone and unfortunately does not require our approval.

If you don't like it, just like the rest of us don't like it, you just have to learn to deal with it, your breath is wasted in speaking out against it, our opinions are not very important once a decision has been made internally.

These.

We are just here to test, our opinions are irrelevant to the testing process, just shut your mouth, report bugs if they come up. This is our purpose, nothing else will register.

Edited by nachtmaere
  • Sad 1

Loudstorm
37 минут назад, nachtmaere сказал:

These.

We are just here to test, our opinions are irrelevant to the testing process, just shut your mouth, report bugs if they come up. This is our purpose, nothing else will register.

Testing is not simple: "finding bugs". Sadly you don't understand it.

nachtmaere
Just now, Loudstorm said:

Testing is not simple: "finding bugs". Sadly you don't understand it.

I wasn't talking in a broad sense, only in the context of our place in the EFT 'testing' process, and it wasn't intended literally, but as a statement regarding how little our opinions seem to matter after the devs have decided on something.

And you may wanna stow that 'tude, i was agreeing with you.

Dreggiestyle

Killing 20 scavs in 1 hour really isn't that hard. I thought that task was fun as hell. Killing that many Bear PMCs that quickly is tough, but is doable if you spam Factory.

FenrirInu

20 scav kill is possible in one run. Went in as a 5 man group, killed the players and swept the map clean of scavs. Doable in 30 min. So if you missed some you are still able to start a new one.

Vepr-136 is the budget killer.

Edited by FenrirInu

nachtmaere
1 minute ago, Dreggiestyle said:

Killing 20 scavs in 1 hour really isn't that hard. I thought that task was fun as hell. Killing that many Bear PMCs that quickly is tough, but is doable if you spam Factory.

Depends on individual playstyle/preference. Some people enjoy that run and gun 'rack up dem killz' way of doing things, and to each their own. But for the rest of us, it's not about difficulty or challenge, it's about a simple time restriction limiting our ability to do things any OTHER way than run and gun 'rack up dem killz', and that's not cool, even if we do manage to do it, it's not fun, it's not enjoyable, because we can't approach the situation in a way that's enjoyable for us, we have to play a very specific way to achieve something so simple which is just stupid.

It won't be so bad once we can approach these tasks as a team, gaining quest progress as a team, however even then, this game is phasing out solo play as much as possible, this is intentional, it's a team-based game, and instead of providing benefits for team-play, or simply making it a little more challenging to play solo, they've simply opted to make solo play an unrealistic option, something that's unlikely to be achievable, in many cases, it will actually be impossible (Intentional and officially stated), which is in itself another issue related to timed tasks, they are forcing VERY specific playstyles, run and gun and squad steamroll, the squad steamroll not being a very viable option at the moment means we have 1 option, and for a lot of us, it's a pretty terrible option, it's not enjoyable at all.

It's been said before and i'll repeat it here; This is not 'hard', or 'challenging', it's punishing you simply for playing the game. Unless you conform to the VERY SPECIFIC audience that the devs are aiming for, you will be punished, SEVERELY.

You shouldn't be punished for having preferences. You would think a PMC could handle a mission in ways other than running through killing everything in sight like a headless chicken with a minigun.

10 minutes ago, FenrirInu said:

20 scav kill is possible in one run. Went in as a 5 man group, killed the players and swept the map clean of scavs. Doable in 30 min. So if you missed some you are still able to start a new one.

Vepr-136 is the budget killer.

Doable does not = acceptable.

The issue is not that is impossible, it wouldn't be in the game if it were not possible.

• Upvote 1

FenrirInu

I for one. Want more time restricted missions if not all.

You are working for them, and they got a client to respond to. Surely the client won't say "I need 10 morphine, but please take your time. You can hand them in 2 months later".

Traders and their interaction with you is an important feature for the game. 

It just needs to be tested and modified to suit the general playerbase. Some people will find it hard, some will find it easy. Can't please all.

Edited by FenrirInu

nachtmaere
14 minutes ago, FenrirInu said:

I for one. Want more time restricted missions if not all.

You are working for them, and they got a client to respond to. Surely the client won't say "I need 10 morphine, but please take your time. You can hand them in 2 months later".

Traders and their interaction with you is an important feature for the game. 

It just needs to be tested and modified to suit the general playerbase. Some people will find it hard, some will find it easy. Can't please all.

Debating the 'premise' of the missions is kinda irrelevant, yes i agree that harvest missions, e.g filling an order for items, it kinda makes sense to have a time limit for the reason specified. But kill missions are ENTIRELY different, nobody's sittin' around waitin' on 20 random scavs to die in the next hour, nobody's coming into the store an hour later goin' "Where the dead scavs i requested? What terrible service!"

Edit: Funny little extra bit, the reason a customer wouldn't come in and give a time limit on when they want 20 randoms dead for whatever absurd reason, is because the customer isn't completely retarded and realizes it would be unreasonable and unrealistic to place a deadline on that, they would expect it to be done in a timely fashion, but they're not going to put a deadline on it, and ESPECIALLY not in the 'hours' because again, the customer wouldn't make such an unreasonable request if they actually wanted it done, they would let the professionals handle it as they saw fit knowing it would be dealt with ASAP.

EDIT EDIT:

Realistically, there should be bonuses for completing the tasks faster, no deadline, no time limit, but if you completed it in an hour, you'd get a bonus, 3 hours, smaller bonus, anything beyond that, no bonus, maybe even a deduction for being late. It would still be a stupid time frame but it would allow for a little more freedom and be far more reasonable/realistic since y'know, nobody's walking into the store an hour later and saying "You didn't kill all 20? Well now you have to start over, you have another hour to try again." because again, that would be stupid.

Edited by nachtmaere
  • Thanks 1

tobiassolem
1 hour ago, Natalino said:

Hello,

Enjoy!

I am quite surprised at this statement. 

While timers in and of themselves are fine, they become very problematic when combined with an RNG-based element. Problematic because RNG is the exact opposite of skill, and entirely based on probability and chance.

If you want quests to require actual in-game skill, then the timer should be related to a task set where everyone who attempts it has at least similar conditions to complete it.

For example:

Killing 20 BEARS in 3 hours - if you are lucky, like player A, you will run into plenty of BEARS when you play, and thus will have little issue to kill those BEARS. Whereas player B barely runs into any BEARS. Certainly not enough to complete the task within the alotted time.

To make the playing field level, this is how I suggest you do it:

Within three hours, you will have to extract Customs three times with a minimum of three PMC kills and 6 SCAV kills every time. If you die at any time, you start at zero.

Why is this better?

a) You do not have to target a specific faction, which means a mission within a region where a certain faction is less popular won't have a harder time completing said challenge

b) Your actual player skill is what is involved. And you know every time that there are X amount of other PMCs that are viable targets. Thus removing the RNG-factor.

I can understand why a certain trader would want, for example, USECs dead. My advice then is to remove the time factor if you MUST use RNG-based quests. Personally I think that RNG in a linear quest system is nothing but an irritation aimed quantity rather than quality.

I'll take an engaging mission with a story element (find clues to figure out who killed Prapor's informant) any day over the lazy "Bring four gas analyzer"-type quests. Even the quest where there's an item behind a crate you barely can get because the hitbox size is like 4 pixels seem more of a warranted challenge.

Please, pretty please with sugar on top, make the quests worthy of the rest of the top quality standard you have. RNG is pure laziness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Loudstorm
1 час назад, tobiassolem сказал:

Within three hours, you will have to extract Customs three times with a minimum of three PMC kills and 6 SCAV kills every time. If you die at any time, you start at zero.

b) Your actual player skill is what is involved. And you know every time that there are X amount of other PMCs that are viable targets. Thus removing the RNG-factor.

Hahaha... 

Three PMC kills still a lot for 8 player map. I did over 650 rainds in this patch, and about 85%+ of raids at customs. 9 out of 10 raids it's 1-2 hatchet runners, which dying to bots or escape map before you can spot and kill them, 1-2 guys leave spawn area after 3-5 mins and going into construction or dorms, rest sitting at spawn until timer become red or so. 

How this lottery making your skill affect results? Will you wait at dorms for 40 mins waiting for PMCs who is camping at spawn and probably won't even go into dorms? What if you spawn at bad spawnpoint, and other PMC's will extract before you can catch them? And many other situations like 1vs3 PvP or players who didn't load because of bad pc, or you spawned late?

It's nothing about skill at all. Timer is not about skill, we aren't playing racing game. This is tactical shooter where thoughtless actions lead to death, I'm not saying fast gameplay isn't viable, but military things about strategy.

• Like 2

Enki_Destroyer
3 hours ago, THALL said:

As for punishier part 6, the same could apply: 100 Bears rather than 25 in 3 hours, possibly even add some kind of other requirement such as handing in some loot items aswell that requires some farming also.

This is a better way

• Like 1

FenrirInu

@nachtmaereThere could be time limited kill missions. Prapor's client want safe passage through customs,kill scavs, thin their numbers out before they arrive. So they can Escape From Tarkov. Plenty of tasks to be created, the only limit is imagination. 

Edited by FenrirInu

RonBuan
6 hours ago, Natalino said:

Hello,

Enjoy!

Yea! Ignore carebear requests. Make me mad that tarkov does this to me. Make me wish tarkov wasn't so much like real life :D

Enki_Destroyer

The problem is this :

Watch the Attached images.

• 16 PMC - 15 USEC and 1 BEAR

next image .

• 16 PMC  - 12 USEC and 4 BEAR

With this estadistics , how can be "Doable"  25 BEARS in X Time.

It is a matter of luck , and that the BEARs appear in game, and of course, when they appear not to die for another player or scav. 

Of course, some people do this Quest with no problem : Lucky.

Watch again the images, 16 pmc 1 Bear/ 4 Bear.

(In the last try I kill like 50 USEC and 6 Bear, I dead 2 times)

11 hours ago, Loudstorm said:

It's nothing about skill at all. Timer is not about skill, we aren't playing racing game. This is tactical shooter where thoughtless actions lead to death, I'm not saying fast gameplay isn't viable, but military things about strategy.

1 BEAR per 16 PMC.JPG

4 BEAR per 16 PMC.JPG

TheColdVein

#Locked. Reason: We are not taking out time limits. When you play the game, you will understand why. Also, please follow the rules and use the search function! We have addressed this numerous times and it has been posted about, just as much.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2