Blackb1rd

Ban for forbidden software using 

On 18/12/2017 at 5:01 PM, Kaktus0ne said:

Can you be banned for using a crosshair software ?

Just don't! Play as intended

On 1/7/2018 at 7:43 PM, xaker89 said:

So this is fine when i get hit with axe after 3 second spawn or been shot in head after 1 sec of spawn ? 

How can i even get to survive ? I don't think a fort or helmet would help me.

I have a screenshot of spawn point with 3 body close to each other, and you telling me this is ok ?

I don't saying so they should be banned like a cheaters, but some warning message for example for those who abusing it.

p.s sorry for my english.

Over my thousands of raids I have never once been spawn killed and only twice have I came across someone that was spawning in. Why would you get in trouble for killing someone spawning in? It sucks for the person, but it makes no sense to leave a threat behind you.  No one is "abusing it", it just happens at times. Most people clear the area around there spawn before moving on, which happens to be other spawns close by.

Edited by zpwarrior

3 часа назад, zpwarrior сказал:

Over my thousands of raids I have never once been spawn killed and only twice have I came across someone that was spawning in. Why would you get in trouble for killing someone spawning in? It sucks for the person, but it makes no sense to leave a threat behind you.  No one is "abusing it", it just happens at times. Most people clear the area around there spawn before moving on, which happens to be other spawns close by.

no no zpwarrior, they just aiming in that spot where someone should spawn and instantly  kill them, this is not just a "clear area around". 

• Upvote 1

Had more cheater incidents in the past 3 days than I ever have since I started playing last year. Had a speed hacker run from his spawn (assuming it was near the east cabin spawn near resort) all the way to road to customs and 1 tap my squad of 3 while strafing left and right like it was an arena shooter. Getting 1 tapped from absolutely no visual or sound or impact every other raid. Seeing gun muzzle flashes in open space with no one there but still taking full damage (invisible players? Desync issues? invisible players exploiting deysnc issues?). So yeah after the 7 day stress test, which still isn't finished almost two weeks later due to map times still being absolutely abysmal forcing rush play, seems to have attracted a metric sh*t load of cheaters, at least on the Oceanic/Asia server region.

2 hours ago, xaker89 said:

no no zpwarrior, they just aiming in that spot where someone should spawn and instantly  kill them, this is not just a "clear area around". 

How do you know they just were sitting there waiting for a spawn? I know I instantly move toward spawn areas to clear any potential threats. If i run into someone spawning, they die, its unfortunate but not even a semi normal occurrence unless you're playing on a toaster oven.

50 minutes ago, mazarnv said:

is reshade a allowed software?

i ask only cuz in PUBG it is allowed

Best regards WHitty (GER)

reshade is allowed

• Upvote 1

On 1/11/2018 at 2:46 PM, NoDG said:

Hey Shawn

Catching hackers is a bit like a game of cat and mouse. They develop new cheats, the anti-cheat needs to be updated to catch them and rinse repeat. I'd like you to read the first page of this thread where the players concerns are addressed. 

The developers take a very tough stance on hackers, the system reports are manually verified then permanently banned. I have seen cases of permanent bans where an offender had a cheat engine for an entirely different game running, forgot to close it before playing Tarkov and had their account permanently banned even though they did not use cheat while playing EFT. There is no discussion or debate when it comes to cheaters.

As for your concern the developers might do what other companies have done which is allow cheaters to buy new accounts so they can sell more copies. I've also seen a case where someone was caught doing this and permanently banned before they even completed one raid. The best way to sell more copies of a game is to have an excellent product and the devs are working hard to actualize their vision for the project. 

As for the EOD upgrade; I purchased the game a year ago and went in with the EOD having never tried the game because it was the only way to guarantee Alpha access. I can tell you personally, I've been blown away by the improvements to the game over the last year. It's actually incredible how much more playable it is now and how many game breaking bugs have been fixed thanks to the efforts of the devs and the community reporting them. 

The game will eventually offer ways for you to upgrade your stash/pouch container to EOD levels. Currently, there is the epsilon container obtained from a quest which is 2x4 slots but the stash size increase is not implemented. 

In conclusion, while dying to a cheater is never fun and cause frustration. Rest assured that they will be caught and permanently banned for their actions. The best thing is to raise your hands and say to hell with it and queue for another raid or take a break. A personal trick I use to prevent myself from tilting to an unexpected death is have back-up loadouts ready to go so i'm not spending 5 minutes in the stash and trader pages letting my death get to me or affect the mood of my friends on discord. I just grab a gun and go again. 

image.png.979cc133f1b7eae681eabee8c6b91901.png

I hope this helps how you feel about the hacking situation. Be patient, the game is still in development and constantly improving. Best of luck in your raids! 
Thanks

Is that your beasty stash there NoDG? Jealous. 

I said this months ago, if devs don't outsource anticheat to BE or EAC, cheaters will be a consistent problem due to how easy it is to buy cheats for a game that isn't protected by a driver based anticheat.

EFT does not have an active player count list so it's extremely hard to gauge how effective the current anticheat is. For instance, Rust bans 100s everyday  https://twitter.com/rusthackreport/ with an active player count of 36k http://steamcharts.com/app/252490

EFT should be well over 10k active by now, so banning only a handful of players every month is definitely not enough.

Edited by Necriss

I am convinced that in order to catch cheaters your anti-cheat tool must be intrusive. A combination of taking and sending screenshots of the entire screen that the game is played on, active processes on the computer and so on. Without it, catching cheaters in a popular game will always be a losing battle.

At least you got to play my PC is broken for 3 weeks I'm hoping I won't miss out on all the noobs when the open beta hits "early 2018". That will be hela fun for us atleast.

1 hour ago, reemr said:

I am convinced that in order to catch cheaters your anti-cheat tool must be intrusive.

Personally I don't care if it is. As long as it doesn't end up like csgo.

Anyway what I was gonna say was you should get insurgence claims for items that were lost due to a hackers that were later banned even if you didn't have them insured this could be easily accomplished by save logs. A second idea not sure if you already do this or if it only works in theory but what if the anti-cheat saved any program that it deemed sketchy for like a few weeks so that if the cheat is detected then if can be traced back to the hacker.

When will you do something about the anticheat banning accounts even though they have never cheated on this game or any game for that matter?  I do like that your anticheat is very sensitive to hacks but there needs to be more communication with accounts that are banned for non cheating/ non game altering programs that have nothing to do with gaming running on computers.   I just got this game a few weeks ago and banned for violating section 3.3 of the EULA.  despite my requests to look into my ban all I get is an automated response that says you don't care, and that no one will do anything.  I have to create a new account to try to get some kind of info but every question in support is ignored.  No anticheat is 100% accurate and your company's stance to not even let those who get banned for not doing anything wrong appeal the ban is absurd.  I would love for anyone with the access to tell my how i cheated in this game when i have just over 800,000 rubles that i had to farm like crazy to get or the fact that my K/D ratio is well under 1.0  but yet i am banned and little to no explanation as to why.  

Edited by karnage87

How long does it take for someone using cheats to get banned?

Running into a hacker is a daily occurance, games in the 80’s & 90’s didn’t really give you indication on where to go and what to do unless you got a game guide from your local EB or got tips from tour friends. So for some people I don’t think the challenge is their motive to playing games, they probably just want to kill stuff and win for a little entertainment. They spend $40 on a game they can’t handle sucking at, don’t have the initiative to try figure things out for themselve or the ability to adjust to gameplay over time which results in a selfish rat buying cheats online because they think that’s how you get the full experience.

The only game I’ve cheated is GTA series, and that’s just so you can pass the controller around and see who can out run the police the longest.

You probably want to make it clear your referring to single player which I'm presuming you are as they have already stated they ban people for cheating in other games.

Would be nice to know how progress is going updating the anti hack to the latest round of hacks released. Oceanic servers are on fire lately between the poor performance and all the hackers. 

On 1/12/2018 at 9:25 AM, MSiBlacktooth said:

"Working as intended" as hackers roam free. Seen 6 flying around today. 

the people you see flying are people / scaves teleporting to there spawning location.. some get's stuck mid air cuse they crashed .. nothing new  

also there is alot of desync witch may look like someone is cheating.. dont be fooled this game as serious ducking netcode issues from day 1

Edited by IAMCANADIAN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cardboard231 said:

Personally I don't care if it is. As long as it doesn't end up like csgo.

I would even go as far as say that I would gladly pay for a service like that, just to ensure that I am playing on a level field.

On 1/12/2018 at 9:11 AM, zpwarrior said:

How do you know they just were sitting there waiting for a spawn? I know I instantly move toward spawn areas to clear any potential threats. If i run into someone spawning, they die, its unfortunate but not even a semi normal occurrence unless you're playing on a toaster oven.

Hi, 

I am a Tech and Support Mod for another Developer and a mad fan of EfT since the Holiday Sale which convinced me to finally stop lurking and buy in.  I have played with my kids and friends  ... a LOT.  Sadly, over a HUNDRED hours in a couple of weeks. :) 

Still...

Just now I have had yet another 3 second outting on Customs... Sniped in the head.  I have had numerous other -under 30 second- outtings on every map (I don't count Factory, as that could be a regular old run over there... :) ). 

On these larger maps, though, it is somewhat criminal the number of spawns that end in death before one is even able to clarify where they are. 

My point is not that people killing in spawn should be punished, no, that is pointless. 

As @xaker89 suggested, some deaths in spawn not caused by bugs are people outside of spawn, aiming in.  I know what the sound of a ricochet off the wall sounds like, and this is not parallel to the wall sort of clearing as you suggest in all cases.  

In the event spawn-ins are not part of the final release version, or have mitigating factors that remove the issue from being as contentious as it is here, this is just an artifact of Beta behavior, so simply a waste of Dev time to address.

On the other hand, in the event this WOULD be a major factor and not have mitigating factors in the released game, either prevent spawn-ins until everyone is in, or for delayed-ins NO fire and NO damage in spawn until spawn departure or 30 seconds have elapsed or some similar process until spawns are either better distributed or otherwise prevented from providing near insta-death for players.  

Especially where a long wait is followed by a 3 second time of in game, it is irritating in sufficient repetitions.  If it is coupled with loss of equipment, even though temporary, the loss is galling.  

While philosophically we should all accept it is a beta and - dude- there are dozens of account wipes waiting for us before we get anything like release version up... it doesn't do the testing process any good if some of the best reporters get sick of being wasted before they can even figure out where their objectives are.  :)  

Glad to hear alternative points of view - just my opinion.  ~Al

3 minutes ago, AlJabberwock said:

Hi, 

I am a Tech and Support Mod for another Developer and a mad fan of EfT since the Holiday Sale which convinced me to finally stop lurking and buy in.  I have played with my kids and friends  ... a LOT.  Sadly, over a HUNDRED hours in a couple of weeks. :) 

Still...

Just now I have had yet another 3 second outting on Customs... Sniped in the head.  I have had numerous other -under 30 second- outtings on every map (I don't count Factory, as that could be a regular old run over there... :) ). 

On these larger maps, though, it is somewhat criminal the number of spawns that end in death before one is even able to clarify where they are. 

My point is not that people killing in spawn should be punished, no, that is pointless. 

As @xaker89 suggested, some deaths in spawn not caused by bugs are people outside of spawn, aiming in.  I know what the sound of a ricochet off the wall sounds like, and this is not parallel to the wall sort of clearing as you suggest in all cases.  

In the event spawn-ins are not part of the final release version, or have mitigating factors that remove the issue from being as contentious as it is here, this is just an artifact of Beta behavior, so simply a waste of Dev time to address.

On the other hand, in the event this WOULD be a major factor and not have mitigating factors in the released game, either prevent spawn-ins until everyone is in, or for delayed-ins NO fire and NO damage in spawn until spawn departure or 30 seconds have elapsed or some similar process until spawns are either better distributed or otherwise prevented from providing near insta-death for players.  

Especially where a long wait is followed by a 3 second time of in game, it is irritating in sufficient repetitions.  If it is coupled with loss of equipment, even though temporary, the loss is galling.  

While philosophically we should all accept it is a beta and - dude- there are dozens of account wipes waiting for us before we get anything like release version up... it doesn't do the testing process any good if some of the best reporters get sick of being wasted before they can even figure out where their objectives are.  :)  

Glad to hear alternative points of view - just my opinion.  ~Al

How the spawn system is setup, it would be pointless to punish "spawn killing". The spawn system though is a whole different story.

9 hours ago, IAMCANADIAN said:

the people you see flying are people / scaves teleporting to there spawning location.. some get's stuck mid air cuse they crashed .. nothing new  

also there is alot of desync witch may look like someone is cheating.. dont be fooled this game as serious ducking netcode issues from day 1

I wish that was the case. Unless they the NPC's have names that actual players do. 

these past three days have been so bad. before only 1 sketchy death about a week.. i wont call hacks but a group of 5 full kitted shouldnt be 1 'tapped' in 3 seconds. yes 3 seconds multiple different raids. its only been about 5 raids. but its enough to get salty over. The sketchy deaths are on a rise. please get a actual anti cheat for the love of god. if tis not cheaters ill be impressed by the ungodly aim with defender and the new helmet killing us all with headshots. 1 guy not a team. 1 guy. 5 different raids. 

i dont want this to turn into WarZ.