Blackb1rd

Ban for forbidden software using 

Is there any way how to report people for closer investigation? I was playing with 2 buddies 2 days back and we all got onetaped by a player with a pistol, he killed all of us in 3 shots and one of the shots went trough rocks. We all had kivers and forts...
I am not saying to ban him straight away, but is there any list of people that you are watching? Like if you could spectate some of his game or something like that. Thanks for answers.

1 minute ago, JewusMaximus said:

Is there any way how to report people for closer investigation? I was playing with 2 buddies 2 days back and we all got onetaped by a player with a pistol, he killed all of us in 3 shots and one of the shots went trough rocks. We all had kivers and forts...
I am not saying to ban him straight away, but is there any list of people that you are watching? Like if you could spectate some of his game or something like that. Thanks for answers.

At the moment there is no report system.

@Blackb1rd : Thanks for the heads-up on the BSG / EFT Anti-Cheats system the list you have just provided shows it is working.

May I make a suggestion once every two weeks or month you post a list here in the forums of players who have been BANNED not as a wall of shame but to show those who constantly complain and create new posts in the Forums Re CHEATERS / HACKERS.

The O.P. can be immediately re-directed to this pinned report here and the original locked and hidden.This should in effect reduce the number of reports clogging up the forums especially with the OPEN BETA soon to be released early 2018 and Newer members joining.

I understand this may be more work for the Dev’s but should satisfy those who have any doubts they will now see the system actually working.    

o04ety.gif

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The amount of people willing to cheat is scary cause even when the game releases pretty sure they will still be there and if people that cheated gets banned but took our things out of the raid we still lose them and won't get them back... so yeah...

Good News!

Any transparency on how the Anti-Cheat works and who is potentially affected is a good step, I've seen too many a lot of threads about potential hackers/bans and a lot of misinformation surrounding them.

Edited by HTX

1 hour ago, mr0pi said:

Good Job.

I amuse myself reading post of the so called unfair bans, and how they all start almost exactly the same way... " I was banned for no reason" as the post title and then " i was banned for no reason, the only thing i can imagine is the cheat engine running on the background, but i never used it with EFT... ".

Come on... why do you even use a cheat engine?!

you can use cheatengine for single player games , modding also , making trainers etc , i use it for darksouls to swap items and armor and try new stuff for speedruns and pvp research .. alot of uses actually does not mean its cheating .

19 minutes ago, Killeon said:

You are aware that Cheat Engine is a flexible memory scanner and hex editor which is wonderful for debugging and not just for hacking, right?
Guns were made to kill people, but that doesn't mean every gun owner is killing people.

These bans are issued not for cheating but for reverse engineering. As long as you install CE with selecting registering as "Kernel mode debugger" - it taps into executed code of any app and can be considered as reverse engineering of game and break of terms of service. For example,  Cyborg Matt was banned for reverse engineering, not for cheating.

If you are for example, an security expert or professional expert that for example has contract to investigate CE and maybe develop some kind of anti-cheat for it, this is something where you can prove that youhad CE for these reasons and you have never done any reverse engineering of EFT and you could dispute your ban in court.
I believe that cases like this are one-in-million and that is reason why BSG is pretty comfortable banning wherever CE is detected. And I never heard they banned someone for Visual Studio (which is also a debugger) - because purpose of Visual Studio is different and probability you will use it for cheating is about same as probability that you will use CE for something else.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, GetParanoid said:

I'd like to hear from a dev/mod on terms of SweetFX/ReShade. I'd be much more comfortable knowing it isn't bannable. 

SweetFX/ReShade are currently permitted. Please use the search function on the forums as this subject has been addressed several times by Battlestate.

• Like 2