Blackb1rd

Ban for forbidden software using 

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

If you are, you are probably having stash full of forts and going out with hatchet only. Live. Enjoy. Die :)

I am SW dev and I have Tarkov on my workstation, which probably has more software than 95% of players, if there would be false positives, I would probably be already banned. 10GB of RAM is used when "nothing" is running, just 200 background tasks and services :)

And I also have software that writes to GPU screen buffer, like Discord, Afterburner, GeForce Experience etc, I think when they detect something new/unknown/suspicious they investigate it (all bans are manual, their AI is not so responsible yet).

 

 "all bans are manual" Nice to know! Thx for explanation. This game costs a lot for a beta,  ~40€ in Italy (with taxes) it would be twice frustrating to be banned unfairly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ErMitraja said:

 "all bans are manual" Nice to know! Thx for explanation. This game costs a lot for a beta,  ~40€ in Italy (with taxes) it would be twice frustrating to be banned unfairly 

I suppose that our custom Anticheat system will intervene first by giving a warning to who is in charge of inspecting suspects, then, if they are really cheating they will proceed using proper guidelines.

Don't think that players would be banned for a no-reason. 
It's not BSG intention. Don't you think so?
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gianluzzz said:

I suppose that our custom Anticheat system will intervene first by giving a warning to who is in charge of inspecting suspects, then, if they are really cheating they will proceed using proper guidelines.

Don't think that players would be banned for a no-reason. 
It's not BSG intention. Don't you think so?
 

Yes sure, as it happens for all false positive cases in all fields, not just videogames

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to remind you guys that this topic is not intented to write player names missing on the list!
Anticheat system will take care of them.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Almac said:

Why isn't using a crosshair from software like reshade considered cheating? 

Because 1) Its not as easy as it sounds, i myself have actually done it and its actually a pretty poor way to implement such things - also, if you're a streamer with this on, EVERYONE will be able to see it and people will have a negative opinion about you. Channels have gone flat-broke and/or disappeared off the platform for being caught in the act from using filter overlays using ReShade and similar programs, including cheating apps. Simply put, be legit. 

2)Even most recent monitors have this built-in and is not detectable AFAIK

3)Anyone with a dry-erase marker and some tape can have one without using reshade or your monitor if its built-in, so how is BSG going to ban something so low-tech if its not detectable?

Put it simply, having a crosshair filter on your screen, DOES NOT guarantee success nor will it EVER increase your skill level as it masks what you're lacking in - good aim. 

In the short-term, its good to have if you want to practice point-shooting (no, there is no hip-fire in EFT..... yet?) so you can have a general idea of where your weapon is pointing for the long term where you dont ever have to rely on something most people would consider bad sportsmanship

As an aside: I have a picture of the Tarkov burn unit.... its too savage to post

 

Edited by GreyGhost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Almac said:

Why isn't using a crosshair from software like reshade considered cheating? 

Don't even ask yourself those questions :D

Jokes aside, I would really recommend you to don't use these tools for similar purposes.
There are many question marks on top of that...As we don't have a list of forbidden softwares to not use, just stay away cause you might get in troubles in the near future.
A good practice if you want to improve your point-shooting skill, is, make some CQC offline with SCAVS enabled and/or attach three laser on your rifle and leave those on. You will get better and better raid after raid!
 

It's ALL about practice. 
I get your post @Almac but don't neither think about that. Our Devs will:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, gianluzzz said:

and/or attach three laser on your rifle and leave those on.

Simply feeling like Predator will give you 100% skill boost :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GreyGhost said:

Because 1) Its not as easy as it sounds, i myself have actually done it and its actually a pretty poor way to implement such things - also, if you're a streamer with this on, EVERYONE will be able to see it and people will have a negative opinion about you. Channels have gone flat-broke and/or disappeared off the platform for being caught in the act from using filter overlays using ReShade and similar programs, including cheating apps. Simply put, be legit. 

2)Even most recent monitors have this built-in and is not detectable AFAIK

3)Anyone with a dry-erase marker and some tape can have one without using reshade or your monitor if its built-in, so how is BSG going to ban something so low-tech if its not detectable?

Put it simply, having a crosshair filter on your screen, DOES NOT guarantee success nor will it EVER increase your skill level as it masks what you're lacking in - good aim. 

In the short-term, its good to have if you want to practice point-shooting (no, there is no hip-fire in EFT..... yet?) so you can have a general idea of where your weapon is pointing for the long term where you dont ever have to rely on something most people would consider bad sportsmanship

As an aside: I have a picture of the Tarkov burn unit.... its too savage to post

 

Loads of streamers cheat and they typically slip up eventually showing their cheats live on stream; they just don't stream off their main monitor. Also if people want to scuff their monitor over a non-competitive realistic immersion game thats fine but you need to draw a line when it comes to software use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, gianluzzz said:

Don't even ask yourself those questions :D

Jokes aside, I would really recommend you to don't use these tools for similar purposes.
There are many question marks on top of that...As we don't have a list of forbidden softwares to not use, just stay away cause you might get in troubles in the near future.
A good practice if you want to improve your point-shooting skill, is, make some CQC offline with SCAVS enabled and/or attach three laser on your rifle and leave those on. You will get better and better raid after raid!
 

It's ALL about practice. 
I get your post @Almac but don't neither think about that. Our Devs will:P

Tarkov is the game i go to when i want to get away from competitive tryhard ranked mm stuff, i'll never reshade or use a marker to dot the center of my monitor xD Good to know that its being looked at though, like potato just said, the game has lasers for a reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gianluzzz said:

Just to remind you guys that this topic is not intented to write player names missing on the list!
Anticheat system will take care of them.

 

Thanks

Just to remind you, @Psalm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good work @Blackb1rd

I hope softwares like Afterburner, Riva Tuner Statistic Servers, PowerStrip, Precision X, overlay from Discord, Steam etc in future will be preserved from the anticheat, because some games actually seems to have problems with these kind of softwares.

Fair play into Tarkov :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this will probably not happen, but you guys should just make it so all the cheaters get sent to the same server and have to fight each other. I bet they wont find it as fun when another cheater kills them with one of their own cheats lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this is really really weird, my name used to be "Heretic_" before the sale happened and before i purchased EFT EOD. Im seeing that name on this list. Yet i do not hack. When the sale happened i changed my name back to SirAnabolic and reset my account to get the bigger stash. Either someone grabbed my OLD name (what are the odds) Or BSG is messing up and not banning hackers but regular players. I can still play but i just think its weird that my old name is on there lol! sketchy...

 

EDIT: MY NAME WAS " _Heretic_ " NOT Heretic_ (PHEW)

wtffffff.PNG

ggdgsdagfdsgfgfds.PNG

sadfdsg fdgasdrfsgfd.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now