Jump to content
Blackb1rd

Ban for forbidden software using 

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, NoDG said:

I've asked someone and will let you know when i get an answer. 

But the ban can happen even if i don't use these software meanwhile tarkov is running, or only just for have them installed on my pc? Because of course i don't use these software when i'm playing, but when i'm working or doing other stuff yes... And install/uninstall everytime is a pain in the ass: i think that force the user to have or don't have a certain type of software on their PC is against every type of possible logic in that universe LOL.

I'm follow Tarkov since a lot of times and i always been supportive with that game, but this thing is just out of any kind of common sense... Instead, if i'm forced to don't use them meanwhile tarkov is running, that can have some sense and i'm fine with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, REALBLM said:

But the ban can happen even if i don't use these software meanwhile tarkov is running, or only just for have them installed on my pc? Because of course i don't use these software when i'm playing, but when i'm working or doing other stuff yes... And install/uninstall everytime is a pain in the ass: i think that force the user to have or don't have a certain type of software on their PC is against every type of possible logic in that universe LOL.

I'm follow Tarkov since a lot of times and i always been supportive with that game, but this thing is just out of any kind of common sense... Instead, if i'm forced to don't use them meanwhile tarkov is running, that can have some sense and i'm fine with it

Simply installed on computer is not a problem. It has to be running in conjunction/paralell with the launcher or game to be flagged, or already be activated or injected so to speak. Some of these programs apparently stays injected in the memory even if you close it from what I’ve read. I don’t use any of them myself, so wouldn’t be 100% sure if that is true. But I think the big problem some people are having is simply forgetting that it’s running. «Just a quick Scav run before bed» and then boom. 

Bottomline, the EULA is the deciding factor here. It says not to run programs that CAN interfere with EfT while playing, unless specifically approved by BSG. I’ve followed this rule, and I have not been banned :) been playing for a year!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, FGulli said:

Bottomline, the EULA is the deciding factor here. It says not to run programs that CAN interfere with EfT while playing, unless specifically approved by BSG. I’ve followed this rule, and I have not been banned :) been playing for a year!

That is quite wide definition, it means that i.e. net limiter software (which is installed in most internet cafes) would cause ban (because limiting internet speed affects EFT gameplay). Also software that i.e. 'boosts' your PC performance by 'freeing' RAM memory would also be considered as interfering, because if you activate 'boost' while playing, it will try to take all of memory (and make PC unload Tarkov into swap file) - which will cause lag etc.

Basically, EULA is written so that we can be banned for running any software, if I have Twitch open and watch it on maximum quality I can slow internet for EFT so much to cause lag and EULA has open window to ban me for that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MeRaCL7 said:

Hello can anyone say if this is a cheater or not? Ive got headshotted without any sound of shots and lived only 0.7 seconds on my last raid :(. Is there a way to fight cheaters like him?

/snip/

You are breaking forum rules. You cannot post hackusations here. Most of cases where you are killed in first seconds are not cheating but late spawn.

Edited by PotatoWarriah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooo a bunch of people are saying that if there is a certain program (s) located in your memory, it will get you banned. What all programs? I don't mod, just wondering if there is a common program (s) that I didn't know about that I should avoid, and would not like to find out that I got banned for having it on my memory.  Sorry, just never had this discussion on any game before. I'm really interested in buying the game, but I have worries about having game development programs on my computer like "RPG maker XP" for example. That won't trigger the ant-cheat system will it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Permanent ban for cheaters. No second chance if it was up to me they would be blacklisted by all developers and service to the point they couldnt get their hands on any online game. There should be lawsuits and cheating should be sent to jail.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VPNV said:

Soooo a bunch of people are saying that if there is a certain program (s) located in your memory, it will get you banned. What all programs? I don't mod, just wondering if there is a common program (s) that I didn't know about that I should avoid, and would not like to find out that I got banned for having it on my memory.  Sorry, just never had this discussion on any game before. I'm really interested in buying the game, but I have worries about having game development programs on my computer like "RPG maker XP" for example. That won't trigger the ant-cheat system will it?

There is software designed to attach to a process and gain access to its memory, with the intent of manipulating values like health etc, or calling in game functions, spawn item x. as well as adding your own functions. This is specifically used for reverse engineering, manipulating memory of games and as a starting point for writing hacks. The software is called cheat engine. A lot of people are saying they have legitimate reasons to run it. For it to be of concern to the game it has to be running and then the user has to attach its to the games process. If you do that with any game your probably breaking the EULA and the law in some cases.

Ive read a lot of comments today from people saying they've been banned for simply having it installed. Which I find hard to believe tbh but hope its not the case. If they run it at the same time as the game however and attach to  its process, then screw em. Let em burn.

I'm also a developer and have a lot of dev software installed, none of it interferes with EFT.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RichMcc said:

There is software designed to attach to a process and gain access to its memory, with the intent of manipulating values like health etc, or calling in game functions, spawn item x. as well as adding your own functions. This is specifically used for reverse engineering, manipulating memory of games and as a starting point for writing hacks. The software is called cheat engine. A lot of people are saying they have legitimate reasons to run it. For it to be of concern to the game it has to be running and then the user has to attach its to the games process. If you do that with any game your probably breaking the EULA and the law in some cases.

Ive read a lot of comments today from people saying they've been banned for simply having it installed. Which I find hard to believe tbh but hope its not the case. If they run it at the same time as the game however and attach to  its process, then screw em. Let em burn.

I'm also a developer and have a lot of dev software installed, none of it interferes with EFT.

Oh ok thank you. Yeah I cannot stand people using mods. Especially on a paid game. It should be part of a federal law to be honest, since we are buying the game with hard earned money. But banning a player when he is modding should do the trick, +$45 down the drain for them. I heard a lot of bs with that "Cheat Engine", with them all stating they use it for coding (Yeah, not legally). It's even in the name, "Cheat Engine". Haha The best answer would be, "yeah I use Visual C++ for coding, hell, they can use Unity for coding, called "scripts".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend who got banned just for having cheat engine installed, and before you all say it no he is not actually a cheater I have known him for over 10 years and this is the first game he has been banned from. He bought EoD edition and I know for a fact he wouldn't cheat just to blow away $140. He had cheat engine installed for Fallout 4 and didn't even have it open when he played Tarkov. He has already re-bought the game but he was not very happy about the "We do not negotiate with terrorists" attitude taken by the support, he got a copy pasted message stating EULA 4 times before he got a person saying you've been banned. He could not even get an actual reason as to why he was banned, just left blind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ErMitraja said:

What it happens if someone stole your account and then he is banned for using cheats? 

It is you who allows someone to steal your account. It is your responsibility to protect it against loss. Enable 2 factor authentication, use password manager, generate password.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

19 hours ago, FelineFeeler said:

I have a friend who got banned just for having cheat engine installed, and before you all say it no he is not actually a cheater I have known him for over 10 years and this is the first game he has been banned from. He bought EoD edition and I know for a fact he wouldn't cheat just to blow away $140. He had cheat engine installed for Fallout 4 and didn't even have it open when he played Tarkov. He has already re-bought the game but he was not very happy about the "We do not negotiate with terrorists" attitude taken by the support, he got a copy pasted message stating EULA 4 times before he got a person saying you've been banned. He could not even get an actual reason as to why he was banned, just left blind.

I doubt that seeing how I have CE, ILSpy, ollydbg, Ida64, Fiddler & Valgrind installed and haven't been banned so I highly doubt they're banning people for just having them.

---------------------

Also shame we can't report any cheaters directly 4th raid I entered I saw two people which one was spawning/duping a bunch of items near a exit while the other guy just flew up into the sky and I presumed activated aimbot as I got instantly killed after seeing them fly up.

Quick Google shows most likely I assume they're selling items to RWT on other sites/main accounts.

Edited by Soto
edit
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope this doesn't ban legit players by accident, but other then that it's great to see that cheaters and exploiters will be getting banned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Considering the amount of speculation on how you can get banned for cheating it would be nice if BSG could do an official statement regarding the issue and how false positives are avoided. Everybody (except cheaters) wants the game to be fair but the speculation on how the anti-cheat works makes people afraid of even opening Notepad.

If people decide to install software that can be used for cheating on their computers it's their responsibility to make sure that they are not running in memory while playing EoT.

I ran CS servers back in the days and have heard most excuses imaginable why they had cheats and who installed them, but in the end the cheat had no reason to be running in background when playing the game.

I also think that if a player gets banned they should at least be given a reason, if not by default then at least when they ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get an updated list of more hackers that have been banned, also what about all the 7 day trial key players that have been hacking? Will they be banned perm or just ID banned? Because once someone hacks they'll never stop hacking, especially if you give them the opportunity to do so and the 7 day trial is a perfect way for them to hack the game because it's free. I just hope the players that have hacked with the 7 day trial accounts get perm banned from playing the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

any consideration for ip ban if it is a multiple cheating? if a player was cheating more than once.

I would say that premium cheats costs more than a game... so it is hard to ban some of them for good... they just come back with new copy of the game

Edited by coupe_328

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been told other wise about reporting people. Was told that if you have the time and what map it was on and can get their name you can ban them by looking up the logs on the servers and ban them that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coupe_328 said:

any consideration for ip ban if it is a multiple cheating? if a player was cheating more than once.

I would say that premium cheats costs more than a game... so it is hard to ban some of them for good... they just come back with new copy of the game

Ip bans are bad for bussines.

for example this guy sis from china goes into internet cafe with 200+ stations and 1 ip. He cheats in the game. All 200+ pc's banned.

or... a guy is cheating in eft from university dorms - 1 outgoing ip - woula = whole dorms banned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Am 5.1.2018 um 08:43 schrieb coupe_328:

any consideration for ip ban if it is a multiple cheating? if a player was cheating more than once.

I would say that premium cheats costs more than a game... so it is hard to ban some of them for good... they just come back with new copy of the game

This has been discussed in this topic as well. IP banning is useless since most guys don't have a static IP. You would ban lots of IPs which are dynamic and blacklist lots of players in the future which are unlucky to get the same IP next time.

Also a cheater could easily use a vpn service to get another ip, even change the ip every time he accesses the game. And also ban mac addresses is useless since you could use a virtual machine and give your virtual network card a new mac address and you are ready to go again. The only way to ban a player is by his account. If the has enough money he can easily get a new one. So I guess you can only optimize the algorithm for hack detection to ban the guy next time he uses another account as soon as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ynnus86 said:

This has been discussed in this topic as well. IP banning is useless since most guys don't have a static IP. You would ban lots of IPs which are dynamic and blacklist lots of players in the future which are unlucky to get the same IP next time.

Also a cheater could easily use a vpn service to get another ip, even change the ip every time he accesses the game. And also ban mac addresses is useless since you could use a virtual machine and give your virtual network card a new mac address and you are ready to go again. The only way to ban a player is by his account. If the has enough money he can easily get a new one. So I guess you can only optimize the algorithm for hack detection to ban the guy next time he uses another account as soon as possible. 

A hardware ban + an account ban is the way to go. That way you have to buy another copy of the game, a new motherboard, cpu and copy of windows if you want to play the game again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×