Heretikal

AN-94 when?

On 1/2/2018 at 11:18 PM, trotskygrad said:

haha not really, AN-94s haven't really been used since the late 00s. It'd be cool to see, but don't harbor any impressions of them actually seeing field use within the last decade.

my seal buddy knows some spetsnaz guys he use to work with. they had two guys in their squad with them all the time he told me. he keeps in contact with the guys and they say they still field them very often my guy to this day....

On 06/02/2018 at 5:17 PM, Nuclear_Wolf98 said:

i would be nice to have all the 100 series of aks in tarkov

it would be nice to have every gun in the game but that wont ever happen either

They were shooting an AEK-971 when they visited ZiD in Kovrov. That model has been supplanted by the A-545 which has been adopted by the Russian military with the GRAU index of 6P67 and the sister in 7.62x39 as 6P68. 

The AN-94 was designed as a potential replacement to the AK-74 series of rifles currently in service with Russian Armed Forces. Due to complex design and expense, its adoption has been very slow and it is in limited use, and it most likely will never become general issue.

The stated great advantage of the AN-94 system is its ability to delay the recoil force until the fired round/s have left the barrel. This, it is claimed, enables more 'hits' on target under the most adverse combat conditions.

The AN-94 offers a unique two-shot burst function at a stated 1800 rounds per minute rate of fire. The Nikonov mechanism fires the second shot in the burst quickly enough to allow it to escape before the recoil of the first shot is felt, thus potentially allowing the two shots to hit extremely close together, for example to aid in piercing body armor.

download (3).jpeg

download (2).jpeg

1424156984_u6pqq-lvylu.jpg

1280px-thumbnail.jpg

1280px-AN-94_assault_rifle_at_Engineering_Technologies_2012.jpg

AN-94 or AEK would be a godsend for me. Especially with the 2-round burst option, if possible. Could be great for people wanting to use it for long range engagements, maybe.

On 1/27/2018 at 3:38 AM, KRDucky said:

AK107. Similar to AN-94 but better.

Has the Counterbalance system.

One of the best AK's! So glad the whole AK family will be implemented!

On 2/12/2018 at 5:54 PM, CorbinL said:

my seal buddy knows some spetsnaz guys he use to work with. they had two guys in their squad with them all the time he told me. he keeps in contact with the guys and they say they still field them very often my guy to this day....

lmao my friend of my friend

very reputable.

You know only Army SF have officially crosstrained, and it was with a VDV recon unit?

and "spetznaz" isn't a unit...

Edited by trotskygrad

On 3/31/2018 at 3:38 PM, trotskygrad said:

lmao my friend of my friend

very reputable.

You know only Army SF have officially crosstrained, and it was with a VDV recon unit?

and "spetznaz" isn't a unit...

"You know only Army SF have officially crosstrained" you do know thats what they tell you? i would give you his name and such but i'm not going to because you dont just give out names of seals. he has some patches the russians gave him but idk if i can get a picture of them for you. if you're not gonna take my word then just don't i guess.

21 hours ago, CorbinL said:

"You know only Army SF have officially crosstrained" you do know thats what they tell you? i would give you his name and such but i'm not going to because you dont just give out names of seals. he has some patches the russians gave him but idk if i can get a picture of them for you. if you're not gonna take my word then just don't i guess.

SEALs training partners aren't some big secret and RU/US exercises are generally hyped up because of muh cooperation.

Point is, the biggest, baddest, and best units don't use them in any number recently. They all just use tricked out AK-74Ms and VALs. The last time they were seen in the wild was by some small unit in 2015, and it was only 1 rifle. Hardly wide issue and that dude was probably some old-timer that was just using it because he wanted to.

Edited by trotskygrad