Heretikal

AN-94 when?

I have fallen in love with the AN-94 in other games, and I have fallen deeper in love with this game with the AK's and such in this. I would simply adore the chance to use/see an AN-94 in this amazing game, with it's gun-play, graphics, and fantastic modification interface. Does anyone know if the dev's plan to introduce this weapon at anytime in the future?

AN-94 fits into the game so it is probably a planned weapon release. It will be much easier for the devs to get their hands on a real gun to see how it sounds and feels like (as opposed to foreign guns).

16 hours ago, ydoum said:

AN-94 fits into the game so it is probably a planned weapon release. It will be much easier for the devs to get their hands on a real gun to see how it sounds and feels like (as opposed to foreign guns).

haha not really, AN-94s haven't really been used since the late 00s. It'd be cool to see, but don't harbor any impressions of them actually seeing field use within the last decade.

When it's done. It might appear in some distant future. But we had no announcements or confirmations of that.

I also would really like to see the AN-94 in the game that 1800 RPM for the first two shots then 650 RPM for the rest of the clip would be a great Unique addition to the game   

• Like 1

On 1/9/2018 at 2:47 PM, MercenaryVII said:

I also would really like to see the AN-94 in the game that 1800 RPM for the first two shots then 650 RPM for the rest of the clip would be a great Unique addition to the game   

But from a technical standpoint, this is very hard to implement fairly.

When you have a weapon that fires that fast firing 1800 RPM two round bursts, a "super bullet" occurs.

Judging by the current Tarkov performance, the tick rate must be very low.

So firing multiple bursts would cause bullet damage to accumulate in between "ticks", the server and client communicating, and the damage of four or so bullets (I didn't do the actual math because I don't know the tick rate) would hit you all at once, increasing BS deaths.