How I want "Customs" changed

CakeFox

Here is a map I made with some changes that i think would really benefit the map

Legend:

Light Red : Out Of Bounds

Solid Red : Wall

Solid Green : New Wall

Pink : Player Spawn

Blue : Escape Point

Light Grey : Enterable Building

Dark Grey: Non-Enterable Building

Other changes

Bigger starting area with 1 more path across the river

Bigger mid section

Added a pathway right next to the middle escape, on the train tracks

This would remove alot of the frustration this map has... like

Spawn killing a minute after spawn due to tight spawn zone

Spawn killing on the river paths

Lessen the over powered construction sight sniping nest

Please tell me your thoughts!

EscapeFromTarkov_2017-12-21_19-18-34.jpg

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, kero said:

I think this map need to be more bigger North and south. Dorms need to be the center of the map.

I'm not too sure on the dorms being the center part, but I do agree a little more North and South would be good.

11 minutes ago, Almac said:

id like to see some gaps in the fence around the truck trailors... the only thing that really bothers me about customs is that it seems so linear with choke points they force you to go through

As for the choke points, I agree, there should be a few more holes to sneak through instead of just watching from near Gas Station.

18 minutes ago, TAW_KingSilence said:

So, you wanna open the area behind Build Up and Excavation to a new smaller area? That's the only change I see there.

15 minutes ago, Agnisekhar said:

Agree

The main changes are opening up the spawn area greatly and adding more space in the map here and here

EscapeFromTarkov_2017-12-21_19-18-342.jpg

4 minutes ago, TAW_KingSilence said:

I'm not too sure on the dorms being the center part, but I do agree a little more North and South would be good.

As for the choke points, I agree, there should be a few more holes to sneak through instead of just watching from near Gas Station.

This adds a whole new path invisible by the construction and gas station

spawns need to be changed completely, and they are. The biggest problem with every map is that everyone spawns in the same spot. Creates sooooo many problems. This and the static exits.

Spawn camping, exit camping, all fighting happening in spawn, linearity of maps, hatchet running, etc. All because of the way you spawn and exit.

To be honest, this map is crying out to be expanded.

I don't just mean by sneaky escape routes. The partially constructed industrial buildings/ zone could provide amazing choke points, combat zones and sneak routes.  

I wouldn't be surprised if we see this map expanded in the future due to the incoming changes with dynamic spawns if the idea works well. As is, the map is built as a linear experience with choke points, which I see as too limiting for dynamic spawns to work well without giving too much of a benefit to certain spawn/extraction points, as is the spawns/extractions would still need to be east and west to keep everyone a fair distance from the objectives/loot/focus areas. Open the map out, as others have said north and south, would provide more spots to use for the new dynamic spots.