Blackb1rd

Degtyarev Video Report

vor 26 Minuten schrieb CptBluemax:

lol , just wait :P theres a reason why BEAR have the high caliber skill.....and theres a reason they are recording the gun sounds for it

Shorline as Defence lol

:$

27 minutes ago, CptBluemax said:

lol , just wait :P theres a reason why BEAR have the high caliber skill.....and theres a reason they are recording the gun sounds for it

" recorded sounds for subsequent implementation of weapons in Escape from Tarkov."

Clear as a sun shine.

Hi by the way Max. o/

• Thanks 1

Oh man, I cannot wait for these guns to be added. It's going to be glorious! Hopefully players can man those 12.7mm machine guns would definitely love mowing down a bunch of scavs or giant groups of players with them! hehe

Tarkov might have the best sound design I've heard in a game. Everything is so hard hitting and fierce. They mentioned they record specifically in winter; I wonder why? Does temperature effect how sound is captured?

On 12/25/2017 at 8:20 PM, 530skeptic said:

Tarkov might have the best sound design I've heard in a game. Everything is so hard hitting and fierce. They mentioned they record specifically in winter; I wonder why? Does temperature effect how sound is captured?

The only thing I could find about temperature and sound was that the speed of sound slows as the temp drops. So maybe they are testing (a yet to be introduced) subsonic ammo? Maybe they want to add a feature whereby we make our own ammunition and can make custom subsonic rounds? Probably not. But my guess is that they record the gunshots from different distances/angles in order to properly simulate that within the game engine and if there is any variation in temperature between layers of air, it can attenuate the sound and they wouldn't want any of that now would they? 

Personally I would love to see how they record other things, like looting and movement on different surfaces, because I feel like I'm wearing metal clown shoes when I walk on catwalks/metal stairs

Interesting. It's beginning to make a bit more sense to me. If the sound is slowed by temperature, it could allow for a better recording for the report (Is that the right word?) of the weapon. Y'know, that rolling crack of a sound after the initial bang as the sound waves travel. You see them point the mic at the weapon as it fires, and then raise the mic toward the direction of the bullet. 

Personally, I don't have a problem with the walking/stomping sounds. You can slow your character to stealth mode to subvert that, otherwise I think its reasonable as everyone's avatar is a bulky military type person who carries a hefty load of equipment/weapons.

I really wish the old WW2 stuff would be in game. With what we saw the Ukrainians pulling out of those old arms caches (DP-28s, PPSH41s and KGTs and PTRS-41) it would make sense to see such things in game. especially with the scavs running around with mosins which I imagine is already well on its way. Having built loads of soviet machine guns from cut up parts kits, I would be super excited to see them in game.

I just wish we could get 14.5mm or the soviet 12.7mm ammo here in the states, then I could have built one of those Kord machine guns. heck a number of those 23mm NS-23 cannons and other such weapons came in, but why drop 10k on something I could never find ammo to fire it with. :/

Pls devs, at least drop in the ppsh41, pps-43 and SVT, SVD, RPD, Nagant revolver

the PP-2000, SR-2 and PP90 would be nice for newer guns.