BigDan818

Please make more items UNBUYABLE.

BigDan818

Hi Devs. I love your game. If I could suggest you guys making more items UNBUYABLE. Meaning they have to be found and looted on the field. Being able to buy almost anything takes away the value. Thank you for your time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

PIG-Mathieu

Very true, it' s the best way to force player to get inside military compounds and lootable areas to find valuable items, preventing fast raids and improving the amount of fights inside those locations.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

BigDan818

Eeeeeeeeexactly!!..... sometimes I go out for a raid and im like "I have everything already, what else do I need? .".....They need to make more items EITHER looted on the field or TRADED the same way the Fort Armor gets traded by 7 Gold necklaces....etc....M4s in my opinion should NOT be buyable. I don't get excited when I loot one from a player anymore because you could just buy it. Before when I couldn't buy it I got soooooo much more thrilled and happy when I looted a M4, but now it's like nothing.....Please Devs make more items UNBUYABLE it would make players value therm more...

Edited by BigDan818

alex8xela

I totally agree...

But I think that all weapons should be buyable, but that the attachments for these weapons should not be buyable (unless they are low tier attachments e.g. PSO or Holographic Eotech sight)

ynnus86

I agree by adding more stuff you need to earn on battlefield instead of just going to shopping mall. Also Scavs might have more loot which is exclusively foundable there so people need to hunt them (maybe in specific story contexts as well, like a partol at some office structures carry valuable items which can not be bought).

I guess the items will spread around by players sooner or later when killing people carrying special items. For the market which is to come later where people can buy stuff from other players there should be some restrictions as well.

SenorKeener

but this will also improve camping because you know that someone will loot certain spawns

• Cold 1

PIG-Mathieu
17 minutes ago, BigDan818 said:

Eeeeeeeeexactly!!..... sometimes I go out for a raid and im like "I have everything already, what else do I need? .".....They need to make more items EITHER looted on the field or TRADED the same way the Fort Armor gets traded by 7 Gold necklaces....etc....M4s in my opinion should NOT be buyable. I don't get excited when I loot one from a player anymore because you could just buy it. Before when I couldn't buy it I got soooooo much more thrilled and happy when I looted a M4, but now it's like nothing.....Please Devs make more items UNBUYABLE it would make players value therm more...

To be honnest, one part of me wants the M4 to be buyable since its such a nice weapon. But on the other hand, if the m4 could be a little rarer, i would not matter.

All tho, please remember that you are seeing a alot of m4 because every one is full of money and has LVL 4 traders. The after wipe is gonna be an other story.

alex8xela
8 minutes ago, SenorKeener said:

but this will also improve camping because you know that someone will loot certain spawns

There is already camping and there is already ways of getting around this...

The places which are best to camp are already known by most places.

But I do agree, yes camping is bad, but I would say that the benefits of this idea outweigh the cost

SenorKeener
Gerade eben schrieb alex8xela:

There is already camping and there is already ways of getting around this...

The places which are best to camp are already known by most places.

But I do agree, yes camping is bad, but I would say that the benefits of this idea outweigh the cost

this will not only increase the camping spots but also encourage people to camp, unless they change the loot spawns to be completely random for example in costums at the doorms there are 2 safes in each of the buidlings, and a few static weapon spawn rooms, if they make the spawn location for these safes and weapon rooms random, which means the 2 safes can be in every room. (before the first player joins the map the game decides which kind of loot will be in which room etc.) this would encourage actuall exploring of the maps, decrease camping a little and makes it overall more enjoyable. lets be honest if you play costums you only go to certain spots and only for the loot, you dont look at places where you know there is defenitely nothing, so if everwhere can be something valuable with equal percentage chance it would increase the overall gameplay and the tension of the game, because everywhere can be stuff you need. actually this can also reduce hatchet runners who run for quest items like the flash drives. you would maybe even need to bring some water or food because it takes a lot of time searching everywhere. and to be honest i cant think of one negative aspect of random loot spawns instead of static ones, if you know some pls tell me.

• Like 1

NedDeppat

more to grind? no ty!
Traders done - buy anything is fine

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
6 minutes ago, NedDeppat said:

Traders done - buy anything is fine

Agreed.

Most things should be pretty hard to come by until you get traders to lvl 3, then nice things should start opening up to you. At maximum, you should be able to buy darn near anything.

One thing that needs to be more readily available at low tier traders is hats... Skier lvl 1, or at least 2, should sell all available basic hats like the superman cap, beanie cap, balaclava, usanka, and the bandanna mask. All would be readily available IRL... and they are much more tactfully useful than the glasses. :) 

PIG-Mathieu

No matter if the spawns are randoms or statics, the point here is that someone who run in as fast as possible to get to the exit to kill 5 scavs and extract can get him self a m4 by selling the 5 guns and getting 1.2k$.

I do like static spawn but random spawn gives a lot more to the immersion and really makes you wanna look at every shelfs of a 3 story building. What ever that solution is, money is easy to get, SSD or gold chains aren't, and this was proven by the recent tarkov holocaust that some people called the "prewipe madness" x).

Every one was running M4A1 and DVLs, but fort armors were rare. Why ? Cause it does not trade for money. And that' s something i' ld like to see more often.

Edited by PIG-Mathieu
  • Upvote 1

Oelmann

I would like to see rarer weapons and items be only availlable in the raid and not at the traders. I would like to see an increase in the "exchange" prices instead "money-prices" would enhance the black market feel. 

And randomizing the loot places Wouldnt hurt either.

Edited by Oelmann

TechoverMana

I completely disagree. I don't think bartering should even be in, I think that if you have the money, you could order up whatever you wanted from your dealer of choice. I'd find it hard to imagine something you could only buy 'in field' that couldn't easily be purchased with enough cash.

eXoDivision
vor 8 Stunden schrieb PIG-Mathieu:

Very true, it' s the best way to force player to get inside military compounds and lootable areas to find valuable items, preventing fast raids and improving the amount of fights inside those locations.

I agree with you

GoTDTruth

would like to point out that once flea markets are available you could probably buy ANYTHING from other players.. but the prices will be determined by actual market forces. Meaning that if they only exist from rare spawns ingame then they will be expensive. Which seems fine to me.

• Sad 1

PIG-Mathieu
1 hour ago, GoTDTruth said:

would like to point out that once flea markets are available you could probably buy ANYTHING from other players.. but the prices will be determined by actual market forces. Meaning that if they only exist from rare spawns ingame then they will be expensive. Which seems fine to me.

A trade system with the flea market seems to be likely tho, for in game objects and also most of the trading currently in game (via reddit), players often trades an item for an other. Same goes for counter strike items for example. To early to talk about that unfortunatly

vatt84

I think un-buyable is a bit extreme. Maybe limiting some of the rarer items to have trade requirements could work as a compromise.

dysthymaeon

M4 and AKs and other Common weapons should definitely be buyable. Perhaps add custom ones or more rare weapons that cannot be bought easily or at all. I am sure when they implement a wider range of guns that some might be rare to find and cannot be purchased in store. Stuff like prototype weapons like the HK G-11 or Old Relic pieces like the FG-42 or Stg44 could only be looted. 

FLP

yeah nice idea but the game is far from complete and I believe we will see many new features in the future.

Drazyx

silencers - they have to go to traded for, theyre just so powerful. (even the almight Kotton gets completely backhanded by a silencer at distance, it's amazing how easily it neuters great players)

• Like 1

Fereldor

No need more grind and hatchet run with pouches...

Majpayne

The main problem with this is that solo players will almost always be outclassed by groups, and that groups will dominate the game more than they already do.   Groups will get the loot more often than solo players will, for obvious reasons, which means that eventually people who play in groups will always have way better gear.  This is already true to a certain extent - but making fewer items purchaseable and tradeable and making them lootable only increases this unbalance exponentially.