Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RubinhoSwag

Morphines are Dead

Recommended Posts

RubinhoSwag

Hello

This is going to be my first topic here in EFT Forums. So i hope you guys enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, first things first.

What I've come to realize while playing EFT is the fact that the players almost don't use morphine. And I am talking about players who has acceess to Therapist lvl 4
I notices that players carry between 1 to 2 morphines in the containers for emergency purposes, but end up never using because they put 5 painkiller inside the backpack or pockets and go to raid. In the current meta, 5 painkillers it's more than enough to clear the raid and go to extraction, making morphines almost useless because you are paying more money for a longer effect where you can buy multiples painkiller for lesser and have better results.

So here is my proposul to the Devs:

-Painkillers will last longer when used for the first time
-Painkilers will take 1 min to kick in the effect (just like real life, because the painkiller take a while to work)
-Everytime you use a Painkiller in the same Raid, the duration will reduce by 50% (Humans tende to create resistance to medicines if used alot, applying this to the game it will simulate real life effect)

-Morphines will have immediatly effect when used (morphines goes directly to the blood, so the effect should kick right in)
-Morphines may last longer
-Everytime you use a Morphine in the same Raid, the duration will be reduce by 25%
-Visuals effect when you in morphine should be stronger than painkillers 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well...

That is my ideia to the devs, you guys probably won't use this numbers that i suggest. But, it will be nice if you guy think around this ideia that i showed 

Thanks for your pacience
And try to Extract in one piece.

See ya 

Edited by RubinhoSwag
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tactical_Tracke
2 hours ago, RubinhoSwag said:

Hello

This is going to be my first topic here in EFT Forums. So i hope you guys enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright, first things first.

What I've come to realize while playing EFT is the fact that the players almost don't use morphine. And I am talking about players who has acceess to Therapist lvl 4
I notices that players carry between 1 to 2 morphines in the containers for emergency purposes, but end up never using because they put 5 painkiller inside the backpack or pockets and go to raid. In the current meta, 5 painkillers it's more than enough to clear the raid and go to extraction, making morphines almost useless because you are paying more money for a longer effect where you can buy multiples painkiller for lesser and have better results.

So here is my proposul to the Devs:

-Painkillers will last longer when used for the first time
-Painkilers will take 1 min to kick in the effect (just like real life, because the painkiller take a while to work)
-Everytime you use a Painkiller in the same Raid, the duration will reduce by 50% (Humans tende to create resistance to medicines if used alot, applying this to the game it will simulate real life effect)

-Morphines will have immediatly effect when used (morphines goes directly to the blood, so the effect should kick right in)
-Morphines may last longer
-Everytime you use a Morphine in the same Raid, the duration will be reduce by 25%
-Visuals effect when you in morphine should be stronger than painkillers 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honestly It should stay the way it is, Unless of course you're going to implement to very critical aspects that the Dev's have left out of the game for what I assume is simply game fluidity. 

1) Most Pain Killers are Blood thinners, So if you're busting around limping on one leg, the injury that isn't sutured is going to rip open and you're going to bleed to death before you get a chance for you to get anywhere. 

2) Morphine is not something that you'd administer to ambligatory patients, or in this case to someone on the move simply because 1, there's a combination of drugs that have to be used (I.E Naloxone and Promethazine) Morphine simply isn't administered by itself in a proper medical environment. Because if administered alone, in an at risk patient you have a significant risk of killing them because Morphine lowers all your body functions to a crawl. It doesn't 'kill pain' it makes you not care about the pain. Not to mention that you become lethargic while under morphine influence.  

So if you want to implement the real effects of these two drugs. You'd need to restructure the entire medical system as Pressure Dressing (shown in game) will do little to nothing for arterial bleeding and even less for a gut shot and you'd have to include actual combat life saving. 

 

Idea for new Medical item 

 

Tourniquet: Applies to limbs, stops bleeding in exchange for limited mobility in that limb 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mxrider511

If we really wanted to be realistic here.... neither pain killers nor morphine is going to magically allow you to run on a broken leg...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
itsnom
On 12/25/2017 at 1:09 PM, Tactical_Fister said:

Honestly It should stay the way it is,

I lost you after this.

 

On 12/25/2017 at 1:09 PM, Tactical_Fister said:

Idea for new Medical item 

 

Tourniquet: Applies to limbs, stops bleeding in exchange for limited mobility in that limb 

I support this. When your legs are injured in EFT you're pretty screwed.

I still can't believe I made it out of factory on Scav limping across the map at 0.1 MP/H with a fully loaded inventory. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tactical_Tracke
4 hours ago, itsnom said:

I lost you after this.

 

 

Then read it and do research

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TechoverMana

I think Painkillers and Morphine should just remove the pain effect, but they shouldn't allow you to suddenly run on a broken leg. If you break your leg, you should slow down like now, but only a splint will restore some mobility (but not all of it, you should still be slower than if your leg was fresh, just maybe without such a significant limp) If both legs are broken, you should be forced to your belly and only have prone movement until at least one is splinted, and if both legs are blacked, you're crawling out of there on your belly.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
PimpMyWiki

Agree with TechoverMana here..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TrueTurquoise

I feel you, but this would require the entire system to be changed, maybe it will before the game comes out. 

 

Honestly, I want the broken leg system to change, I don't want to start acting like I know how to make a game, but I just feel being able to dull the pain of a broken leg with pain killers and such is weird, I fee like, if your leg is broken, you can only slightly repair it, as in, once it breaks, you're always going to be slower (sprinting is slow, walking is very slow) 

 

I can feel this being a problem for a lot of people, though, I guess that's the trouble. 

Edited by TrueTurquoise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mart1n1
On 12/27/2017 at 9:03 PM, TechoverMana said:

I think Painkillers and Morphine should just remove the pain effect, but they shouldn't allow you to suddenly run on a broken leg. If you break your leg, you should slow down like now, but only a splint will restore some mobility (but not all of it, you should still be slower than if your leg was fresh, just maybe without such a significant limp) If both legs are broken, you should be forced to your belly and only have prone movement until at least one is splinted, and if both legs are blacked, you're crawling out of there on your belly.

i would like to see some hardcore changes like you propose here.

but what about blacked arms? should you still be able to ADS like now?

maybe we go full hardcore.

people will start playing the game more strategically.

this could even solve part of the hatchling meta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jayskarz

if you get owned by a hatchling and you have a gun, you are doing something wrong. anyways, there is nothing wrong with how the meds work right now. it's not ever gonna be realistic to the point that it's exactly like real life. if it were to get to that point, then a lot would have to change. the gameplay is fine, they just need to fix dsync, lag, and some bugs. stop trying to make the game unplayable. I don't know about ya, but if my limb is blacked I'm getting out. barely enough space in the inventory already and you want people to carry more crap. Put yourself in that position you got shot in the leg, now you cant run ( not even wit morphine) guess what you're dead. then the forums would be flooded with complaints on the healing sucks.  

 

p.s 8k roubles is nothing 

Edited by Jayskarz
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Skaldy
2 hours ago, Jayskarz said:

if you get owned by a hatchling and you have a gun, you are doing something wrong.

you obviously havent heard about our server and desync problems have you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flushfacts

why do people say the darndest things? yeah we know about the dsync problems buy a helmet get over it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2