Stacking Dog Tags

FosterFox

So I noticed whenever I gather a ton of dog tags, they take up a surprisingly large amount of room.

I mean yeah I get the fact that they aren't exactly small, but I feel like they should be able to be stacked. If anything, at least make stacks of 3 or more so you don't take up 3 slots worth of a shotgun from 3 tiny dog tags.

It just doesn't make sense to me how that would work, so I really hope you guys consider adding a stacking option for dog tags.

It's such a simple thing, and it would make the experience much more enjoyable and the dog tag hunting more desirable.

Edited by FosterFox
  • Upvote 3

Thumbs up for this ideas. I've seen lot of guys fully looted but still having their dog tag since right now it just takes too much space when you pick up too many of them. So people tend to ignore them, which wasn't the purpose of them. Actually you could easily hang them around your neck and carry like a duzend or more without trouble. So stacking them would make sense.

• Thanks 1

You can't do that because each dog tag holds a lot of meta data and stacking them would eventually corrupt your inventory

You can put them on a key ring though

Edited by eios29

OR, they could just go into your quest item inventory and not make space at all. Right now there is almost no reason to collect, they tell you who you killed but then you are still left with this item that sells for roughly 100 roubles but takes up the same amount of space as say a 60 stack of ammo or a stick of RAM that sells for almost 10,000 roubles. Putting them in the normal inventory to me seems pointless because I'll personally never sacrifice a spot where I can put loot just to see the name of who I killed.

8 minutes ago, zwt2135 said:

How about instead of collecting the dog tag we just examine it so it takes of no space at all.

That's actually a great idea, there really is no need to collect dog tags you just examine them.

But if we need to collect them, I feel like they don't need to be inventory items that you can sell. There is practically no use for dog tags except seeing the name and selling them for pocket change. BatchLapa similarly had a good idea... 

8 minutes ago, BatchLapa said:

the logical step is to make it "virtual", you loot it in raid, you extract with it and then it export into a list.

my 2 cents

Edited by FosterFox

Yea i agree with ya. Only thing that would be a cool use for a collected dog tags is if a player was on a win or kill streak you could turn in their dog tag for like 10k ruble or something depending how much of a streak they were on.

10 minutes ago, zwt2135 said:

Yea i agree with ya. Only thing that would be a cool use for a collected dog tags is if a player was on a win or kill streak you could turn in their dog tag for like 10k ruble or something depending how much of a streak they were on.

I' ld rather keep it realistic and just take dogtags as a showcase more than because its valuable.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

I' ld rather keep it realistic and just take dogtags as a showcase more than because its valuable.

Its not unrealistic to have some one pay for a confirmed kill of someone you want dead.

1 hour ago, zwt2135 said:

Its not unrealistic to have some one pay for a confirmed kill of someone you want dead.

The problem you get there is stuff like aggressive stream sniping (I mean what would Kotton be worth to kill??) or head hunting and I don't think that's really the point of the game.

I think during raid players should be able to virtually "grab" the tag. Right click and take. The tag would then count as collected but not actually appear in inventory. Then either send them to player as if they were insurance or make separate inventory tab that allows players to collect them.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, bradleytwin01 said:

you are still left with this item that sells for roughly 100 roubles but takes up the same amount of space as say a 60 stack of ammo or a stick of RAM that sells for almost 10,000 roubles.

I made 170k roubles on dogtags alone in one run dude which was about 7 players' worth, they are worth significantly more than 100 roubles each, depending on the player level :P 

In fact, slot-for-slot dogtags are currently the most expensive items in game it seems

20 hours ago, DanExert said:

I made 170k roubles on dogtags alone in one run dude which was about 7 players' worth, they are worth significantly more than 100 roubles each, depending on the player level :P 

In fact, slot-for-slot dogtags are currently the most expensive items in game it seems

So you see that I posted that on Wednesday right? They've patched it twice since then lol When I posted that dogtags were worth almost nothing! But I am definitely glad that they fixed it because I've made a lot of money since then selling them.

1 hour ago, ThisGirlIsFurry said:

Ya sure?

lololol.png

I wasn' t saying that its not valuable, i was saying that im keeping dogtags as a way to remember my ennemies more than because i want money out of it

7 minutes ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

I wasn' t saying that its not valuable, i was saying that im keeping dogtags as a way to remember my ennemies more than because i want money out of it

Oh, My picture was to show the value and how quickly it takes up space, agreeing that they should be stackable in some way

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:08 PM, bradleytwin01 said:

So you see that I posted that on Wednesday right?

Apparently I did not lol. I'm terrible for looking at post dates :bemaybe:

2 hours ago, DanExert said:

Apparently I did not lol. I'm terrible for looking at post dates :bemaybe:

It's all good man, no harm done! This forum has gotten pretty toxic lately, I've been just trying to get people to not bicker and fight so much haha I'm just glad they fixed it, I've made a killing off of dog tags!

• Like 1

I'm sure even a simpleton could see that stacking dog tags would not be possible, as each dog tag has specific information making it a unique and non-stackable item. That information being player name, player level, and item value.   Stacking is for items which are identical, not unqiuely different.  The simple solution to dog tags taking up room in your stash is to sell them - That's basically what they're for.  They're also worth a lot of $$.