BgHurt

No Sound damage/shots bug

This problem is getting ridiculous. Every death I had except one today on shoreline and customs has been to invisible player/scav that made no sound. Frustrating would be an understatement.

Ok people calm down.... this has happened to me now several times and I can say for certain that it is not a hacker for most if not all players, it is simply a pump action shotgun scav that for some reason makes no noise when he fires. You'll notice that a lot of people are saying that they take multiple hit before dying or running. That is simply because of a pump shotgun. I have killed 3 scavs now that were silent shots only to find that they all had pump shotguns. So not a hacker, just a broken shotgun scav.

This only seems to happen to me when I'm fully loaded up...  Found myself an AS VAL in the gas station crate, along with 12k roubles and a lion in the safe..  Heading towards tunnel extract, check the roadblock..  no scavs around.  Check the road, still no scavs.  Check the hill\field behind the bunker..  nothing.  start creeping towards the extract on the hill side of the bunker, super quiet, walking real slow, listening like crazy..  still no scavs.  Suddenly my screen shakes and blood appears.  Another shake half a second behind that, and I'm down.  No sound.  Death by scav...  And I was having such a good run.  Even killed a 3-man squad solo at the old bunker extract.  Balls.  Oh well.  hopefully insurance will find my OP-SKS.  I'm gonna miss that little popgun.

Edited by The_Smoker

Even if the support closed the ticket and told me the latest hotfix resolved the issue, it is still present... Rushed to the SCAV hut on woods and searched for SCAVs, didn't find any and suddenly I get one shot killed without even hearing a shot.

Maybe next game I will be the invisible SCAV and farm some guys... you never know!

It's old bug, Scav players can be spawned with glitch, they make fast movement from ground to sky like 20x in one sec and it cause they are invisible and their guns don't make sound.... Stop play this game cuz this glitchers killed me twice in row in Shoreline night map.

On 12/30/2017 at 12:29 AM, JAGUAR1950 said:

Reading all the above comments I notice not one accusation of suspicious player or hack.

During the last patch / update it appears we now have a NEW problem and several others. No doubt the developers/ programmers are working hard on this, as we have had a couple of updates and server-side hotfixes.

Unfortunately, it’s how Beta Testing works one pace forwards three steps back anything new introduced into the game at this stage can cause numerous BUGS / GLITCHES not seen before. We just need to continue reporting them so the Dev’s see then and concentrate on the FIX.

Well AI cant cheat... it can be bugged/not working correctly... :)

Happened to me atleast 5 times now. This time I was fully geared and was playing in factory. I am sure I would hear a suppressed rifle in a hallway from a scav...

I had a grenade thrown at me by a phantom Scav. I had polished off the last scav,15 seconds later, and *tink tink* a nad lands and  explodes just behind me. I also took some phantom gunshot damage a couple min after that as I exited shoreline through tunnel. This had happened to me multiple times at tunnel and no other place. 

Am 28.12.2017 um 09:50 schrieb truskolas:

I was running as a 100% healthy scav on Customs. There was some rain but not too much and then, instantly my scav fell down, and I got an info that a player killed me. No sound, no anything.

Exactly the same happened to me. Like 3 times.

yup just happened to me running as scav. tuerned a corner in the spa saw a contact. hecrouched and witohut sond or damage sound i was dead.

Twice now, I hear plenty of shots around the map (shoreline/Factory) Even kill a hatching hearing him swing and striking ground. Then, no sound no nothing, just damage, dead with Full Gear (FAST and Fort)... This is getting Stupid frustrating. 

been killed this way at least 7-8 times today alone.. pretty irritating when you are walking along, trying to be quiet in a room with one door, and all of a sudden you fall dead with no sign of anyone around or shots heard..

sound in this game has a lot of issues. It works both ways sometimes things make no noise at all but the flip side is things that make noise often sound like they come from some random distance that isn't even correct. 

I spawned on shoreline yesterday as scav, right outside the village south side. I immediately hear shooting from the tunnel area. I slow creep up the hill to the ridge by the tunnel. See a scav in the street. Take a shot at him and he runs. For the next few minutes I sat there thinking there was a second person creeping just below the cliff. I could hear softg footsteps that sounded like they were right there below me. I finally creep back down to street level to find the scav had moved all the way to bunker and was creeping around. 

I mean, the sound is ALL OVER the place and it makes it difficult to play. I sat in that spot for good five minutes waitinf for some human person to creep up behind me when it was really that scav 100 yards away creeping around.

Another example on shoreline. on second flood of the building by the docks. Hear shooting that sounds VERY close from outside the window. sounds like it in the street. Peek out the window nothing, hear more shooting, again sounds SUPER close. As the shooting continued I determined it was coming from the radar installation, which I could see from the window.

they really need to work on the sound engine ASAP. If they could fix this stuff add 3d surround sound it would be glorious because the sound effects themselves are top notch.

Edited by bigbacon