Slice-NL

Opinion on the new spawn locations

Slice-NL

Liking the old spawn locations a lot more. Sure they could have been improved a bit, but to me it was connected to one of the best aspects of the game, which was understanding what route the other players might have taken, and make tactical decisions according to that info. And I also felt that a map like Customs was build around that thought, to have a lot of different routes you can take in the run, that's what made Customs so great in my opinion. It wasn't random, it was a run. Right now it feels way too random, everyone can spawn anywhere, it turns into a lot more random kills and deaths. A game like this, where you can get shot instantly, has to have some way of loosely predicting where the enemies can be, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Kalista

Feels like a game of COD in Woods to me haha. I liked the idea of encounters being fewer and more intense. Now you look left, look right and theres guys running around like its the hunger games movie. I could understand in Factory but Woods was one of my favorite maps and now its just firefights from the 1st minute.

Slice-NL

They might have taken the noobs who got ''spawnkilled'' and started complaining on the forum too serious.

It's a shame really. Guess I should call myself lucky for having experienced the awesome gameplay Tarkov had though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

HAARRRYYY

I thought the same thing as far as the randomness goes, until I started bringing a map in my gamma container. When you look at the map's available spawns, you'll notice that the spawns are either at one end of the map, or at the exact opposite end. Because of this, players will be forced to cross paths with each other somewhere in the middle of the map, or at a popular location. I actually really like this concept, because before, it was very easy to predict where your enemies would be because the map was linear. Especially on Customs, where the paths from beginning to end are basically a strait line. In this state of the game, a defending/camping player will now have to watch out for intruders of all directions, which, I believe, makes the game more dynamic.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Kalista

Im not opposed to how the dynamic idea is "supposed" to be played. Im opposed to the closeness of the spawns they should never have increased the number of players Ie woods is now 8-12. which makes spawning next to each other almost a guarantee. I spawned in cabins (house1) and literally turned right, aimed down sight and shot a guy that spawned in next to me by the old extract truck.(I had ssd he clearly did not) Its ridiculous. Id rather the old number of players and the new spawns so its not a shooting fest out the gate.  

Edited by Kalista
  • Like 1

Slice-NL
27 minutes ago, HAARRRYYY said:

I thought the same thing as far as the randomness goes, until I started bringing a map in my gamma container. When you look at the map's available spawns, you'll notice that the spawns are either at one end of the map, or at the exact opposite end. Because of this, players will be forced to cross paths with each other somewhere in the middle of the map, or at a popular location. I actually really like this concept, because before, it was very easy to predict where your enemies would be because the map was linear. Especially on Customs, where the paths from beginning to end are basically a strait line. In this state of the game, a defending/camping player will now have to watch out for intruders of all directions, which, I believe, makes the game more dynamic.

More dynamic, less strategical, less depth, more like the average deathmatch game.

• Upvote 1

WhiteTimberwolf

It gets worse when you're the unlucky SOB that spawns in late. Had a match earlier in full Kiver + Fort w/ decked AK74N, spawned right in front of two people extracting at Woods outskirts exfil. At 44:52.

Needless to say, but my gear's lost in the woods now.

Edited by WhiteTimberwolf
Details of where it happened and when.

sYs

I loved the old ones but i love/hate the new ones.

I think new ones add to the unexpected gunfights which is something devs want into to game. To put people inside different situations. So with new spawn system we kinda lost a predictability of other player movements. It still can be done but it's harder - cuts down on camping. If we talking about customs map - it still can be locked down quite easily with two people just needs more situational awareness. 

The biggest issue right now that i have is that people literally can spawn behind you or in front of you. Last night i spawned as pmc 10 meters away from other pmcs at military checkpoint. Got mauled down without even moving 5 meters. 

BIRDFLESH

Personally I think it's cool being able to play the map backwards. Mix things up a bit. Spawns could be spread out more I guess but the new extraction system is pretty cool. My only issue with the new patch is I'm getting less fps, but that will get fixed.

Kalista

I love everything about the patch, except the closeness of the spawns which again is mainly A) everyone picking the same area for the quicker access to loot and B) amount of players relative to size of the map. I don't feel you should be able to literally watch other people spawn next to you. IE House 1 Cabin you can watch people spawn to the right (2 spawns) or look left and see someone running away from bunker. Again makes it feel very hunger games ish and less tactical survival. Which to each their own. Love the game will play the game just dislike that aspect.

DrakeVanders

It probably looked like a good system on paper but put into practice so far from what I've witnessed from streamers is that the spawns got ALOT more predictable and if anything spawn camping GOT WORSE in some areas than they did on other maps.

Shoreline (when playable) is alot better now simply because of its size, but Woods and Customs are much more chaotic in some areas as people literally spawn next to each other with only a high wall seperating them

Evolutionate

I like the new spawn system, I think it's a pretty good change. However I hate the extract feature, it doesn't specify what you need to do to extract.

I had a raid on Factory where i killed 2 PMCs straight away and was  injured and needed to extract but couldn't extract I waited a few minutes and then decided maybe i need to go to another extract even though everything had question marks and i had no factory.. long story short i was in the raid for 35 minutes and killed 3 pmcs 11 scavs and still couldn't extract... waited in extract and went afk and died.

brtkklkrn
13 minutes ago, Evolutionate said:

I like the new spawn system, I think it's a pretty good change. However I hate the extract feature, it doesn't specify what you need to do to extract.

I had a raid on Factory where i killed 2 PMCs straight away and was  injured and needed to extract but couldn't extract I waited a few minutes and then decided maybe i need to go to another extract even though everything had question marks and i had no factory.. long story short i was in the raid for 35 minutes and killed 3 pmcs 11 scavs and still couldn't extract... waited in extract and went afk and died.

That's weird, factory is pretty much exactly the same as before.

Standard extract and 2 that you need a key for.

I did see that as a scav you can extract from 3th floor big office window and the spawnpoint with the red blinky light in the tunnel.

Slice-NL

Let's stay on topic, this is about spawn locations

Sergent-Baker

I think the news spawn is better than before, more random and it's nice.

Imagine when we will have the free roam, it will be like that, the threat could come from anywhere.

TKessel
vor 3 Stunden schrieb Slice-NL:

More dynamic, less strategical, less depth, more like the average deathmatch game.

Less strategical? Aha, the new spawn systems opens many new ways, not as much predicition as before and you say less strategical? I would say you need more strategy and tactical thinking then before.

• Sad 1

Slice-NL
6 minutes ago, TKessel said:

Less strategical? Aha, the new spawn systems opens many new ways, not as much predicition as before and you say less strategical? I would say you need more strategy and tactical thinking then before.

Ok, why?

Rustknuckle

I thought I was going to like the new spawn system better, but have come to find it really works against my playstyle on customs and woods. Being slightly older my twitch reflexes are not what they once were and I find myself dying a lot more since the people I used to sneak up behind more often are facing me now coming the other way. I know this is a me problem more than an update problem as I still need to kick all the bad habits the Christmas in game discount gave me. Also the new bolt action shot gun, just let me throw a rock instead. It would do more damage, be more accurate and reload faster. God I hate playing as a Scav with that gun.

TKessel
vor 12 Minuten schrieb Slice-NL:

Ok, why?

Because it is now less predictable, you know the spawns but you do not know how many players / squads spawned in which region. If you hear shooting you can no longer 100% predict "oh scav on scav action" you may have to be more careful to avoid other player groups etc.

Edited by TKessel

Slice-NL
1 minute ago, TKessel said:

Because it is now less predictable, you now the spawns but you do not know how many players / squads spawned in which region. If you hear shooting you can no longer 100% predict "oh scav on scav action" you may have to be more careful to avoid other player groups etc.

Making predictions is what strategy is about, so how is that a valid argument? Since you are I both agree it's less predictable, it is less strategic. 

freeviruzdotorg

i like the new extraction points, it is a lot better than getting camped, i guess people got extract camped a lot before, personally never happened to me, so i hope this new system will help and it seems it has done its job. besides, gets boring running across the death river camping it watching 4 hatchlings running across

brtkklkrn
2 minutes ago, Slice-NL said:

Making predictions is what strategy is about, so how is that a valid argument? Since you are I both agree it's less predictable, it is less strategic. 

It's not as black and white like that.

In strategy you try to predict the enemies movement, but you never really know what the enemy is gonna do.
It's not less strategic because it is less predictable.
The strategy you are used to is just less usable.
You'll have to adapt your strategy, be more aware of your surroundings than before.
So because you have to adapt and be more aware and more flexible, it's actually more strategic, cause it makes you change tactics instead of just being able to use 1 tactic over and over.

freeviruzdotorg
1 minute ago, brtkklkrn said:

In strategy you try to predict the enemies movement, but you never really know what the enemy is gonna do.
You'll have to adapt your strategy, be more aware of your surroundings than before.
So because you have to adapt and be more aware and more flexible, it's actually more strategic, cause it makes you change tactics instead of just being able to use 1 tactic over and over.

this is true especially for the team/player who had the wall spawn closest to dorms, so you knew you had first dibs and or could sit and wait for people in front of you

Slice-NL
4 minutes ago, brtkklkrn said:

Alright, tell me one of the new strategies I have to adept to.

vinicius_benite

So, basically, you want fixed spawns so you know where everybody is and call this strategy?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1