Slice-NL

Opinion on the new spawn locations

KugelFanger
3 hours ago, Slice-NL said:

More dynamic, less strategical, less depth, more like the average deathmatch game.

the way i see it. you have to be more tactical, and be aware of the surroundings. before the meta was, rush towards the high traffic area and hold until the other players passed. now you acctualy have to becarefull because someone can, and will shoot you in the back.

my opinion

brtkklkrn
14 minutes ago, Slice-NL said:

Alright, tell me one of the new strategies I have to adept to.

Dude, you are actually being salty about the fact you can't predict everything anymore, and call the fact that you always know where people are "strategy".
Do you maybe want an ingame map on wich you can see the locations of your enemy, so you can have some more of that "strategy" you love so much?

You gotta work a bit now, be more aware of your surroundings, check your corners, check your 6.
It's no walk in the park anymore.

• Like 1

Slice-NL
Just now, brtkklkrn said:

Dude, you are actually being salty about the fact you can't predict everything anymore, and call the fact that you always know where people are "strategy".
Do you maybe want an ingame map on wich you can see the locations of your enemy, so you can have some more of that "strategy" you love so much?

You gotta work a bit now, be more aware of your surroundings, check your corners, check your 6.

I'm seriously just asking. If people don't agree with me I'd like to know why (if they got valid reasons). What you are talking about has nothing to do with strategy btw.

Silverhaze5X

on paper, new system seems appealing, but on practice, in custom for example its making raids very annoying because u cant be sure that listed exit will all work, and of course it makes the camping at old gas station a freaking bottleneck of death, way worst than previous versions. the camping in such places is way more rewarding now, which is very very bad.

freeviruzdotorg
11 minutes ago, brtkklkrn said:

now they gotta change factory spawns man, and maybe expand it since we know there are other doors, would be kinda nice to not have the same 6 spawns on that map! :D

also couldnt agree with you more, hate knowing the same 8 spawns in the maps, people would rush the rocks on woods to camp it, also rush the spawns on woods as well, got really dumb, no strats at all, but now there is because of the spawning

and i cant wait for free roam, where we wont know how anything works. supposedly its supposed to be the whole map in there minds, but lets hope it turns to be that way, it would be cool to have a physical representation of the traders in our hideouts or just to walk around the whole map to buy certain things. but i know it will be a cool feature for this game when it releases to us

Edited by freeviruzdotorg

freeviruzdotorg
1 minute ago, Silverhaze5X said:

on paper, new system seems appealing, but on practice, in custom for example its making raids very annoying because u cant be sure that listed exit will all work, and of course it makes the camping at old gas station a freaking bottleneck of death, way worst than previous versions. the camping in such places is way more rewarding now, which is very very bad.

i think the extracts are fine on customs, it isnt that hard to find them once you learn the map, the very first day before maps were even a thing in this game, NOBODY knew the maps or extracts, it was hard as it can ever be, we would have to follow the wall across the map just to find the extract, i remember my first day on woods, i followed that wall from the rocks, through the sniper rocks, all through the checkpoint and up to the house, and i still couldnt remember how to do it even after 6 straight raids

and supposedly, rumors say you need certain requirements to extract out of certain points. and your last sentence, i feel like its sarcasm, but its hard to tell over the internet

TKessel
vor 5 Minuten schrieb Slice-NL:

I'm seriously just asking. If people don't agree with me I'd like to know why (if they got valid reasons). What you are talking about has nothing to do with strategy btw.

I don't get your point. Strategy means always guessing, if you guess right, you win, if you guess wrong you loose. This way wars had been lost, because of wrong intel, wrong guesses and resulting wrong strategy.

KugelFanger
13 minutes ago, brtkklkrn said:

Dude, you are actually being salty about the fact you can't predict everything anymore

i had the same feeling

10 minutes ago, Slice-NL said:

you are not asking SERIOUSLY. all you are doing is how you're reasons are valid and other people's are BS, that is not really fair

• Like 1

Slice-NL
1 minute ago, TKessel said:

I don't get your point. Strategy means always guessing, if you guess right, you win, if you guess wrong you loose. This way wars had been lost, because of wrong intel, wrong guesses and resulting wrong strategy.

Alright, by using your analogy, this new patch resulted in a war without any intel whatsoever. Meaning: no strategies/plans possible.

That's as clear as I can be.

Silverhaze5X
4 minutes ago, freeviruzdotorg said:

i think the extracts are fine on customs, it isnt that hard to find them once you learn the map, the very first day before maps were even a thing in this game, NOBODY knew the maps or extracts, it was hard as it can ever be, we would have to follow the wall across the map just to find the extract, i remember my first day on woods, i followed that wall from the rocks, through the sniper rocks, all through the checkpoint and up to the house, and i still couldnt remember how to do it even after 6 straight raids

and supposedly, rumors say you need certain requirements to extract out of certain points. and your last sentence, i feel like its sarcasm, but its hard to tell over the internet

I wasn't beeing sarcastic, and i think that is what happenned to me, i couldn't exit from the ZB bunkers exit, despite it was listed as possible exit location regarding my entry point. the only remaining one was old gas station, which of course was a camping fest and slaughter.. this is why in practice the new system is very bad in customs. reduce exit from 3 to 1, meh..

at least they could explain why we cannot use the others yet.

YoshTehGhost

Returning player and my 2 cents, I like the new spawn locations, yes everyone is salty because they have to learn about the new ones (yes some of them are stupid but I'm sure this will be adjusted so spawn killing is not as common) but I like the fact you now have new starting areas and are pushed towards each other before if you got ahead you knew the scav spawns so you would concentrate on the rear (except for the odd player scav) now being forced to check every corner and if squading playing with a rear guard is now crucial as your not just covering one compass point direction, e.g I know they spawn south, therefore, focus that way etc. 

Overall it needs some work but its still a beta and that's kinda the point of it to test and implement new design features. i think the game is taking a step in the right direction, however.

freeviruzdotorg
11 minutes ago, Slice-NL said:

to add on, i think he is talking about how before we knew the exact spawn points in customs such as we all spawn on one side, and we have to cross a river, you can have a 5 man on the other side and wait all DAY for the people to cross and wipe out the players just to know you have the map to yourselves besides from player scavs. we dont want to have a 1 sided map, with the new spawn system/extract we would not be able to predict who spawns where causing us to use other strats and other play styles instead of rushing the bridge and sitting in the 4 spots that people can cross and taking them out making it our own map now.

now that we have this, we can actually play and not worry about people sitting and camping in a spot waiting for people to come, and in woods, you can camp the extract much easier by sitting on the rock, and along the beach and sitting in the scav house watching people show up making it really easy

factory.... well thats factory and lets hope they somehow make it much different since we know there is a door behind the rubble that leads no where, and a door by the forklifts that could make it another possible extract as well for other people instead of the classic 1 extract, and the underground one as well which you would need a factory key for making it a single extract pretty much unless you have the key for it

TKessel
vor 1 Minute schrieb Slice-NL:

Alright, by using your analogy, this new patch resulted in a war without any intel whatsoever. Meaning: no strategies/plans possible.

That's as clear as I can be.

Sorry but what you tell is just wrong. You know the possible spawns, so it is possible to make a strategy / tactical planning for your raid. Whatever I get the feeling you just try to troll other people here. So this will be my last addition to this conversation.

YoshTehGhost
1 minute ago, Silverhaze5X said:

I wasn't beeing sarcastic, and i think that is what happenned to me, i couldn't exit from the ZB bunkers exit, despite it was listed as possible exit location regarding my entry point. the only remaining one was old gas station, which of course was a camping fest and slaughter.. this is why in practice the new system is very bad in customs. reduce exit from 3 to 1, meh..

It did say somewhere in the patch notes that some exits will have limited amount ex-fills maybe enough players already left through that exit causing it to become unusable? 

freeviruzdotorg
Just now, YoshTehGhost said:

It did say somewhere in the patch notes that some exits will have limited amount ex-fills maybe enough players already left through that exit causing it to become unusable? 

i remember hearing about this somewhere ^^^^^

3 minutes ago, Silverhaze5X said:

did you go through the door with the key? also the ones without the question marks are guarenteed extractions, the question marks need a certain item, i heard some need money and some need simple scav kills, i dont know if this is true, but i think people will find out soon

the customs gas station exit is fine, there are 4 scavs that spawn there, i took them out pretty easily with a bolt action shotty (which is btw a very good gun imo) and i pretty much died due to lack of meds, but it wasnt my extract because it was my first time playing, so i figured out it pretty much is a 1 extract, but random extracts with people who dont have a map i guess, and if you only go in with a hatchet, theres a problem..... and we all know the gas station extract had the best spawns which use to have 1 or lucky 2 scavs that spawned there and would go behind and eat the med bag and check for the docs case there, then would simply extract. NOT ANYMORE! now it forces people to simply use 4700 for a makarov and 1000 for a mag and ammo for it, + what meds you can afford i guess, but i do well with just a pistol, it isnt hard for me (i dont do hatchet runs, but i do a lot of solo running so i dont have any problems with this new system besides trying to figure out how the other extracts work with the question marks)

Starlight
10 minutes ago, Slice-NL said:

It's probably verging on pedantic, but strategy is specifically the big-picture plan at the macro level, i.e. your overall plan for the raid. Tactics are what you use at the micro level for making the strategy work.

With the old system, there was really only one effective strategy - get everywhere first. Best access to loot and better control over which way PMCs approach from, because everyone was forced to play the map in one direction. So strategical decision making was irrelevant - it only mattered how well you executed tactically.

Now that you can run the map in different directions, there are more viable strategies. You can end up totally screwed before you even get into the tactical engagement, or your opponent might be instead. It also means that performing well solely at the tactical (micro) level isn't nearly as likely to be consistently successful.

In short, if you stick with the old meta of just going through the map as fast as possible, you're literally rushing into the middle of the map to get surrounded. Pick a new strategy.

• Like 1

freeviruzdotorg
1 minute ago, Starlight said:

In short, if you stick with the old meta of just going through the map as fast as possible, you're literally rushing into the middle of the map to get surrounded. Pick a new strategy.

now this..... imagine if you had to be in the map for 5 mins before extracting, man i wonder how much harder factory would be lol

Kalista
1 hour ago, brtkklkrn said:

Sorry to say this but you can easily predict spawns still. It took all of 20 min for me to know where to aim upon spawning in to kill people who loaded in slower than me to get my buddy geared up. Just spawn woods house 1 and look left or right. Spawns are still super predictable. If you spawn bunker someone spawned house. pickup and shore static scav. rush one of those locations and gun the guy down. easy time. *Shrug*

Edited by Kalista