PGR70

Why does the sale start early... now I just ordered EoD...

PGR70

I thought the sale would only start in the new year, as announced before. Therefore I bought EoD the day of the wipe so that I could start with the new stash and goodies, and could play during the holidays (as I did not want to wait for the new year before upgrading to EoD). But now the sale is starting earlier than announced and for these 3 days, I would have waited for 25% of 100 euro's... Any chance on offering the discount to everybody who bought/upgraded EoD during the holidays? 

gdubmx

I thought this too as I bought my copy on Christmas day. 

Your_Moms_Gyno

people were throwing around the 28th as the date of sale start...

F0NT

Is the sale on right now? Its the 28th 10AM here, and it still asks full price + 20% VAT + payment fees.  

Never mind, I just checked their FB page. The sale starts at 3PM UTC+3.

Edited by F0NT

PGR70
9 hours ago, qS_Sachiel said:

people were throwing around the 28th as the date of sale start...

No, it was announced by Battlestate to be at the start of the new year... The start of the OBT was announced to be at the start of 2018...

Starcos

Well, I made some basic google-fu at the start of december, when I realised that I missed black friday sale. And I read many places, that there will be a sale with the open beta start at 28th. So I waited.

munkie

I think many people and the devs aswell misinterpret the meaning of open beta.
As the official statement is:
"We announce the final stage of the technical preparations for the Open Beta Testing of Escape from Tarkov. Thuswise, starting December 28 and over a few weeks, we'll conduct load testing of game servers in order to adjust processing for a large number of new players at the start of the OBT in the beginning of 2018"

So from the 28th is only a Promo phase (free keys, discounts etc) as part of a preparation for the OBT (which is coming in 2018).

We may call it an Open Beta for the Open Beta... :D 

But maybe I didn't understand properly.

PGR70

From the news site:

We announce the final stage of the technical preparations for the Open Beta Testing of Escape from Tarkov. Thuswise, starting December 28 and over a few weeks, we'll conduct load testing of game servers in order to adjust processing for a large number of new players at the start of the OBT in the beginning of 2018.

For this purpose, we have planned a New Year event, which will give free access to the game to a part of users who are registered on the official website of the project, but are not playing yet. 7-day access to the game will be granted to a part of the players, who will be picked  randomly among the total number of subscribers, with bias for those who have been registered earlier.

Within a week after the event launch, the game will be available for purchase with a 25% discount, which is effective for all types of transactions (purchases, package upgrades and gifts).

I find this message at least not very clear. OBT will start in the beginning of 2018. They  are planning a New Year event. Which (as the name suggest will start in the new year as well). I find it very hard to read from this that the sale will start from the 28th...

munkie

"Thuswise, starting December 28 and over a few weeks, we'll conduct load testing..." -> "For this purpose, we have planned a New Year event..."

They make the event for the testing.

Edit: I mean, that is how I understand. Ofc I might be aswell wrong. :D

Edited by munkie

mrnewbie3127

i have to ask you knew there was a sale coming up so why did u not just wait another few days max a week ? 

PGR70

I have holidays now so I did not want to wait for a whole week. But two days was probably worth it...