Sign in to follow this  
SFC-Doc

Gear to Streamers

Streamers and Press kits.   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should streamers receive more gear than anyone else in game

• Yes
    • NO

Why do you give streamers press accounts with so much gear ? I mean the reality of it is , the people who purchased your EOD copy in Alpha promote the game more than most streamers.  hell a lot of them talk poo about the game non stop while playing it. between three of our members we invested  over 1500.00 for the game  by buying friends copies. I am sure that this is wide spread among true hardcore gamer communities. Most of us don't purchase a game because we seen some jack ass streamer playing it. we buy this type of game based upon friends and real game critics,  not the crap we are seeing in Tarkov right now.  I will say there are a few streamers that give out the gear and I respect them for keeping it real unlike One we all know. 

Make them work for their gear from day one and then you have a good stream. 

Its very disappointing to see such a hard survival game just give out that much to a player and think its helping the sales. What it does is make a lot of your top supporters complain about it. We get it that its a business and you gotta make money , but why not take care of the people that bought the game in Alpha with the same admiration and respect as you do whining streamers. 

Anyway, 

Amazing game  ... great concept. 

• Upvote 1

I get your point, but i think streamers are meant to make free advertisement for the game. Now if they dont have most of the good stuff thats in the game it could be boring for a lot a viewers. Also they can showcase all the new goodies after each wipe .

• Upvote 1

I don't really see press kits as an issue to be honest. 

95% of them don't know what to do with the gear and get wiped out easily. Those who know what they are doing tend to provide educational videos.

• Thanks 1

I'm inclined to say "Yes," but at the same time, I just can't stand how some of them act like spoiled children, and act even worse when they don't value what they have. It's not a matter of fairness, but a matter of "bad parenting" to reward these peckerwoods with stuff that we'd otherwise take days working our way up to.  Tarkov doesn't have to be hard for them, by any means, but they get more than they deserve, even with the free press aspect.

• Thanks 1

See I think that they should get it so they can show us how the guns look and feel. I enjoy watching them use it, its entertainment and good publicity, just this patch alone kotton and klean have killed me twice, kotton doesnt have a press kit, he just outplayed me. Ive killed them both on stream as well, so it evens out

As long as they dont get free gear when the game is released (no more wipes etc), I do not (and anyone else should´t) care to be honest. As few stated above, for now it is just publicity. Showing people who didnt buy the game yet, what is available.

vor 4 Stunden schrieb SFC-Doc:

but why not take care of the people that bought the game in Alpha

Lacking attention much or why this desperate outcry? You preordered this game to support the development. Do you expect a kiss on your ass from the devs as a "Thank You!"? The devs do not owe you anything. Why not just appreciate their work ...

• Like 3

Lets start with that the game is not even released yet, were still in beta. Another wipe will happen, then another and another. When the game is released the streamers wont be getting this gear. So quit ur crying about it and get gud

If i could , I would go back and not spend so much on this. Im tired of working so hard just to get blasted by some streamer with 18 people with him fully kitted.

On 12/28/2017 at 9:10 PM, Franco-s said:

Get over it. Most of them suck and lose the gear.

My biggest gripe is not the "gear". Its the over cocky streamers that are given a huge advantage  and still talk poo about the game while ragging on players because they died to someone who had a Markov. It make a very toxic gaming environment.  There are some really great streamers out here, I subscribe to them to support their efforts to make the game a much more vibrant and growing community.  I personally think that this is the best time to bring it up so later when the game is "Live"  issues like this will be already dealt with.  Thank you for commenting.  Cheers !

On 12/28/2017 at 9:12 PM, georgeadam said:

I'm a little mind blown that you think Streamers aren't related to sales/getting players online. 

In the last 30 days a few big streamers went back to the division. 
http://steamcharts.com/app/365590#1m
But that 339% gain of players last month must have been a complete concidence!!! ... Right?  

So with the same logic, I can say  "The sun rose yesterday plants  grew three hundred ninety nine percent higher than when the sun never came out the day before." but i forgot to mention I added miracle grow to the water and it was the first time in a week since it was watered. I guess Christmas didn't have anything to do with it. Or even maybe a sale right ? just plain ole a few streamers making The Division so popular.  You might be able to get away with that type of statistical analysis on CNN but not here.

Thank you everyone that commented and or read the thread. I just wanted to bring it forward as there are many people that have said it but didn't put it out in the forums. 

it’s normal for them to have the press kit copy,so they can show the gear and stuff.imagine watching a new player streaming and getting pooped on after 4 hours he has his stash empty,in goe much time that guy can show for example a weapon case to his viwers?

how does it affects us if they have more gear?i think u can ez kill him and still his gear,it doesn’t affects your gameplay if me or x has press kit.

And i can contradict u with the marketing stuff,there are a lot of ppl buying the game cuz theirs favorite streamer is playing it and if u see how much the streams go up in number on eft....that’s only helping,there are a bunch of big streamers starting to play eft 

it kinda does give off a false sense of hope. Especially for a noob to the game who thinks he will receive the same gear as the streamer. Don't get too upset though, once the game releases and everything is wiped, these streamers who aren't very good will probably drop the game.

• Upvote 1

On 29/12/2017 at 1:46 AM, SFC-Doc said:

Why do you give streamers press accounts with so much gear ? ...

For money ... to show a fake preview of the game to push twitch viewers to pay for the game. Then these new players will cry on forum because the game is far harder for them and not balanced like it was for streamers. And they will be lynched by old players who don't understand this by a answer like "you have to inform you before purchasing ETF".

But the most dangerous thing is when the gameplay is affected to be more COD like by add some "terminator" equipment or gameplay :

Overpowered Armor and Helmet, Skin hack thermal scope, reduced raid time, Underpowered scavs, Cross road gameplay ...

The gameplay have change a lot in this few months. For example scav's gameplay is now a pure frustration. It's seems BSG have decided to create an unbalanced FPS more than a realistic FPS.

On 12/01/2018 at 11:43 PM, SFC-Doc said:

So with the same logic, I can say  "The sun rose yesterday plants  grew three hundred ninety nine percent higher than when the sun never came out the day before." but i forgot to mention I added miracle grow to the water and it was the first time in a week since it was watered. I guess Christmas didn't have anything to do with it. Or even maybe a sale right ? just plain ole a few streamers making The Division so popular.  You might be able to get away with that type of statistical analysis on CNN but not here.

There wasn't a sale, I think Summit1g went back to it, and since that month it's dropped back down to normal. Christmas maybe? But a 300% spike that just happens to tie in with when a BIG streamer restarts playing the game and you think that has nothing to do with it what so ever? That's the sort of closed mindedness i'd expect from Fox news ;)