Sign in to follow this  
xWar91x

Is The Open Beta actully "open"

xWar91x

so yeah...iv been hearing that the open beta isn't actually a open beta and still require you to spend the 4$ to actually participate...is this true?

NSH4RPY

Well Open and Closed Beta doesn't mean Closed is paid and Open is free.

A Closed Beta is normally considered a "Private Beta" where only a select group of people gain access

Where as an Open Beta is where it opens for a larger group to be able to play :)

So yes will have to still Purchase to play for Open Beta :P i dont think they have the intention's of making the game free 

Edited by NSH4RPY

Deadmaverick

Is there a way to get a key for closed beta. I will 100% buy the game since few of my friends bought it but unfortunately I was away the last few days and they gave their beta keys to other people. Any chance I get a key so i can try it?

Edited by Deadmaverick

NSH4RPY
Just now, Deadmaverick said:

Is there a way to get a key for closed beta. I will 100% buy the game since few of my friends bought the game but unfortunately I was away the last few days and they gave their beta keys to other people. Any chance I get this so i can try it?

If you registered you may be lucky and randomly emailed a 7 day key, other way of getting them is watching high profile streamers as i believe they have keys to give away so people such as Kotton and Klean or keeping an eye on the forums as people have been posting some up 

Deadmaverick

Thanks man, yeah i was hoping that someone who has a spare key can give it to me so I can play  the game with my friends but have to wait I guess.

Edited by Deadmaverick

superbenke
21 minutes ago, NSH4RPY said:

So yes will have to still Purchase to play for Open Beta :P i dont think they have the intention's of making the game free

Having a free Open Beta doesn't mean that the game will be free in the end.

Currently you have a chance to get a trial key to test the game before the Open Beta if you're a registered users on the website but haven't bought the game.

It's a bit unclear who will get access to Open Beta since the news says

"At this point, users purchasing any game package get access to the Beta testing and can start playing immediately after purchase."

But this is already the case today so =)

https://www.escapefromtarkov.com/news/id/90

kaimex

They should make free weekends like Ubisoft does. Or even 1 day would be enough to know if its worth it.  I think that brings a lot of buyers. Right now Ive been thinking about buying it for a while... Still havent decided. :D

Modnir

After just one day in Tarkov nobody would buy the game. Just look at all the whining here from people that played longer than one day and say the game is too hard etc.