RainmakerM4

M4A1 Recoil all over the place

RainmakerM4

Hey guys,

Since the new 0.5.xx patch we have noticed that the recoil on M4s are ridiculously high now. For comparison you can better control an AKM (in 7.62 caliber) than you can an M4 (in 5.56). An AK74 has far better recoil. Highly anoying and unrealistic. The way recoil on M4 in the old patch worked was awesome and real. The fully automatic spray would start uncontrolably and then your character would get back on target after 5-6-7 shots. Now, its all over the place. Its like I am shooting an HMG handheld like rambo.

Just putting our opinion out there,
Cheers
Rain

Lovla

I haven't played in about two months, returned 3 days ago. I did a comparison between AKM and M4 on a wall by emptying the magazine with full-auto without controlling the recoil. The M4's spray pattern was about 2/3 the size (smaller, more accurate) than the AKM's spray patttern.

Maybe it's the fact that your stress resistance has been reset that makes you feel like the recoil is so bad? Or maybe my test was faulty.

bran2011

The devs probably stealth nerfed the recoil for balance with the new recoil reducing perks.

If they did they should have been upfront about it.

Eragon284th

This is just a theory, but maybe in the past we had the assault rifle and or recoil skills both maxed out the last patch, and now that they are implemented we will see better recoil control when we level those up 

• Like 1

Scufrie

The M4 is fine with its current recoil. If you cannot configure the proper attachments to put on the m4, do not complain about its "recoil".

RainmakerM4
1 hour ago, Scufrie said:

The M4 is fine with its current recoil. If you cannot configure the proper attachments to put on the m4, do not complain about its "recoil".

Who said anything about attachments?

Scufrie
11 minutes ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Who said anything about attachments?

Exactly. Your opinion isnt valid.

• Sad 1

RainmakerM4

Exactly. Your thinking to start with is not "valid".

We are comparing two weapons of different caliber. 7.62 vs 5.56 - where 5.56 punches less kick. But in the game M4 feels like it shoots bigger caliber than AKM. The attachments are out of the discussion now.

neur0tix

Well, to be honest, fully modded M4 was too easy to handle on full auto last patch. You could spray targets 300m away and win that fight. I am glad if they really increased the recoil. On the other hand, it only has 5.56 caliber(harder to penetrate than with 7.62) and it was insanely expensive. My fully modded M4 reached to 2500$ and then you die to a grenade that costs 6000 rubles. So I was ok with it.

If they increased the recoil to "nerf" the gun, which I approve, they should maybe reduce the price now aswell, because that was the only reason to really put that much money on the table. Now I rather go for any 7.62 gun instead, save money and control my gun even more easier.

I love to keep it realistic, but its still a game where you need to make some balance and break the OP META.

RainmakerM4
4 hours ago, Scufrie said:

You shouldn't use an m4 with no ducking attachments you cretin. Want to talk about realism? Everyone uses attachments on an m4 in real life. 

I still didn't learn that with retarded people (like yourself), there is no point to prove or try to explain anything. Because anyway you will turn to your insults, like a subhuman you are.

You are probably that kind of a kid who would attach a forward grip on the upper rail and say its practical.

Edited by RainmakerM4
  • Sad 1