RabidWeasel95

what happens if the time runs out in a raid and you are still there

RabidWeasel95

what happens if you stay in the raid until the time runs out, i am currently stuck between two dumpsters with nice gear and want to know if i will loose it when the time is up

MadBrainFox

The server shutsdown basically, you die and lose your things brought in the raid and found during the raid.

It's basically like dying.

But tbh theres plenty of time for every map if you ask me....

LabelGaming

@madbrainfox not correct at all... i looked at this post because i was gonna "die because of the raid shutting down" it doesn't you get to keep everything you have brought in the raid and also looted in the raid. u need to extract early if you want too....

HappyCamper

@LabelGaming You are MIA when the timer runs out. If you are in an online raid you do lose all your gear. All insured items can be recovered through insurance in the same way as dying in a raid.

Only exceptions to this rule are: playing offline, and when the servers get a forced shutdown (because of maintenance for example) and you succesfully extract when the timer runs down no matter where you are on the map.

aut0-an0nym0us
On 12/29/2017 at 4:24 PM, RabidWeasel95 said:

what happens if you stay in the raid until the time runs out, i am currently stuck between two dumpsters with nice gear and want to know if i will loose it when the time is up

Well with one reply saying you keep everything and another saying you lose everything, there's only one way to find out. I'll run a raid with easy weapons that are inexpensive and see what happens when the timer runs out and i'm still alive. If I remember to, I will follow up on this query as soon as I find out first hand myself. 

Legend out!

freddy19965
On 1/25/2020 at 9:13 AM, aut0an0nym0us said:

Well with one reply saying you keep everything and another saying you lose everything, there's only one way to find out. I'll run a raid with easy weapons that are inexpensive and see what happens when the timer runs out and i'm still alive. If I remember to, I will follow up on this query as soon as I find out first hand myself. 

Legend out!

yea i was totally crippled and had an 10min walk with 3mins left, after time it just went black.. and i could walk the whole way to gate. so i guess you can loot the duck out of  the place after time.

Just now, freddy19965 said:

yea i was totally crippled and had an 10min walk with 3mins left, after time it just went black.. and i could walk the whole way to gate. so i guess you can loot the duck out of  the place after time.

and got to keep everything after killing the server :)

Xynergize

If you die online you lose everything.If you stay in raid to long you lose everything.If you leave while in game you have a chance to reconnect but if you don’t ,you lose everything .Also your life will be handled accordingly in game 😇

verm1thor

i couldn't see anything about what happened to me so i think this is a new thing but in a raid in customs when i was wandering on map, at the right bottom of my screen a writing something like "softspot-you will be counted as a survivor" appeared. Then at that raid i didnt make it to extract to see what will happen and when time ran out i survived with all the loot i had that raid. I searched through this "softspot" thing but couldn't find anything so i wonder if this happened anyone other than me and i wonder where are these "softspots" around maps or this spots randomly exists on raids. So this softspots can be a thing about this topic.

phil-makraken

I've had this happen playing a scav on shoreline, lighthouse extraction. Managed to get out well over a minute after the timer ran out

Massach3r

Has there ever been a situation where someone lost everything and had to start from scratch? Like spawn with nothing?

Silamon
13 hours ago, Massach3r said:

Has there ever been a situation where someone lost everything and had to start from scratch? Like spawn with nothing?

If it ever gets to that point just do hatchet runs for some roubles or scav runs.

You can also reset the account to recover all the starting gear but you will lose all progress if you do that

TheWhistler

I know this was posted years ago but, to be clear, if time runs out during a normal raid you will be counted as MIA and lose everything you brought in or found in raid (even as a Scav). To my knowledge even insurance does not count unless you drop the gear on the ground before you get out. The only exception to this is if there is a technical update, they will reduce the timer and let you count as a survivor even if you are not at extract. Sometimes there is a major delay and you get a while (around 30 seconds) to get out after timer is up but this is very rare. You should be at extract before the timer runs out. 

MagenZion
On 5/14/2020 at 5:28 AM, TheWhistler said:

I know this was posted years ago but, to be clear, if time runs out during a normal raid you will be counted as MIA and lose everything you brought in or found in raid (even as a Scav). To my knowledge even insurance does not count unless you drop the gear on the ground before you get out. The only exception to this is if there is a technical update, they will reduce the timer and let you count as a survivor even if you are not at extract. Sometimes there is a major delay and you get a while (around 30 seconds) to get out after timer is up but this is very rare. You should be at extract before the timer runs out. 

I'd have thought so too but a friend was playing a proper, online scav run no where near a maintenance/hotfix/update/etc window and the time ran out and he just toodled on over to an extract, got out and had all his gear and got the scav xp.

Antmax

I started a game in woods as a PMC the other day. I was miffed because there was less than 4 minutes left and I was sure I was going to die. In that game I got attacked in the last 20 seconds and killed the other player. Screen went blank and I was pretty frustrated. Surprisingly I got the survived screen and was surprised to find the guy I killed was level 50 - 70. 

Normally when time runs out, at least as a scav. You get a missing in action (MIA) as the cause of death and essentially die and lose everything. 

I didn't know you could end up in a game with less than 4 minutes remaining, was relieved to not lose my gear. So I guess the devs put some exception in. 

strategyzone

F

Reneator

Edit: Seems like it was an incoming server-maintenance

Today i started Reserve as a Scav and spawned with 1:30 left on the timer. When the time ran out i got the survived sccreen.

Edited by Reneator
Added follow-up