Binoculars and compass

Yargar

I think that be great after implementation compass and binoculars to game. Its great stuff to woods, and shoreline. Mayby players could remember maps, but that items could give a few realistic fellings to game.

• Like 1

We all want a compass, and different types of  binoculars would be pretty cool, but would probably need a new item slot on the character to equip it.

thinking about it, a compass could have an item slot as well, when equipped would give a top-hud of directions on a button press, or with more development, a physical compass could be shown, maybe attached to a hand?

Though I like the realism of holding a compass, it would be plenty for starters to have a button similar to O (for escapes) to show cardinal directions, and making that an additional expense; say 3-10K rubles; could be added later on.

But would it be used? The only use of compass I can think of is when you are in squad and you want to give direction from where you are being shot at.

Edited by Wojteks489

13 minutes ago, Wojteks489 said:

But would it be used? The only use of compass I can think of is when you are in squad and you want to give direction from where you are being shot at.

Surely it would have bigger impact on squads, but in Shoreline example you can lose track quite easy. But definitely, compass is a vital part in military, sometimes worth as much as any gun. ETF is a sim, so compass should be a basic accessory.

yeah even just for location callouts like in PUBG it'd be super handy, but for solo runs where you can get turned around very easily in places like new shoreline, especially if you're low on time/bleeding/limping, you HAVE to make the right call.

I say just add it to the hand/wrist so you don't have to bring up your HUD. Honestly, they have a watch in the game, but when you press "O" it just pops up in the upper right hand corner - this is quite peculiar. I think pressing "O" to look at your watch (Metro games anyone?) and checking time would be an improvement, as well as implementing a physical compass attached to the charactor. This really needs to be a priority in my opinion. 

No full time compass GUI.  Please.  A real compass in game that is worn on the wrist or around the neck that you can check?  Heck yeah!  Binoculars?  Yes, please.  A neck slot for them with maybe a little extra sound of them bouncing around as you run, maybe an attachment for them for your vest or a snap spot for them or something.

On 30.12.2017 at 11:11 PM, DesertGhillie said:

I say just add it to the hand/wrist so you don't have to bring up your HUD. Honestly, they have a watch in the game, but when you press "O" it just pops up in the upper right hand corner - this is quite peculiar. I think pressing "O" to look at your watch (Metro games anyone?) and checking time would be an improvement, as well as implementing a physical compass attached to the charactor. This really needs to be a priority in my opinion. 

Yeah but currently "o" isn't for checking hour but time left in raid which you can't check on your watch.

9 hours ago, Wojteks489 said:

Yeah but currently "o" isn't for checking hour but time left in raid which you can't check on your watch.

Right, so lets make the watch actually have a function and show time left in raid - it'd be a cool function.

This game is brutally unforgiving for noobs. Especially in a scav run without a map. Trying to convince my friends that this game is worth buying is a challenge when they spend 30 minutes on a map completely lost with me asking if they see any landmarks so I can point them in a direction of an exit. "Uhh, I see a red building." Only to lose all their stuff at MIA.

For the love of God, a compass.

Yeah, a compass in a game like this is pretty much essential.  It should be the first thing they add in the next patch.  So sick of playing with friends and having to constantly say "Scav/player over there by the X in X direction next to the X".  So much easier to just say "Player 35" or "Scav 90".