Insurance

WileyCoyotej

I'd like to bring up that I find myself hesitant to play as my main character because of the fear of losing my equipment, and insurance doesn't really help. This game is about getting loot, so your equipment will always be taken by someone. And if it is the insurance doesn't cover it. The recovery time and the fees are fine, I'd just like to see some kind of guarantee as with actual insurance. It's more of a gamble and it causes me to only play as a scav in an attempt to preserve my gear. I'm not sure how others feel about this so I'm throwing this out there. 

Yeah, I feel the same way and I think it could be fixed by allowing players to only insure 1 or maximum 2 item + the gamma box. I think the most valuable thing is the guns for everyone so they could insure 1 of their guns which might decrease the fear of loosing everything. With a better insurance system, the game could force players to take more gear into matches instead of playing with knife or pistol only. 

Ehh.. Its not meant to actually be insurance.. its just if people dont take it, you get it back.. the whole point of the game is scavaging killing and taking other player's loot.. not to preserve your own too much.. As for @Flypz reply.. You can't do that.. cause then everybody would insure the broken weapons they gave for the edge of darkness / christmas gift.. the fully modded m4 or something.. you cant just make it so people cant take that loot.. its illogical and unrealistic.. Gamma box doesn't need insurance.. it doesn't drop.

On 12/30/2017 at 8:08 AM, WileyCoyotej said:

I'd like to bring up that I find myself hesitant to play as my main character because of the fear of losing my equipment, and insurance doesn't really help. This game is about getting loot, so your equipment will always be taken by someone. And if it is the insurance doesn't cover it. The recovery time and the fees are fine, I'd just like to see some kind of guarantee as with actual insurance. It's more of a gamble and it causes me to only play as a scav in an attempt to preserve my gear. I'm not sure how others feel about this so I'm throwing this out there. 

keep playing and you will git gud or just group up cus numbers always wins 

• 2 weeks later...

I also find it hard to take good gear into the game as I feel the insurance is a bit of a scam :/ 

as an example I recently ran a raid with a friend and took a bit of gear with me, since I was showing him around shoreline and failed to keep an eye on the timer the raid finished and we died or become MIA. I had my gear insured and have been waiting to get it back yet I checked this morning to find a message from prapor saying there was nothing there.

how could someone have looted my gear when that particular raid had ended?

I can understand why people run raids naked with a hatchet now :(