Very Slow Download

Dont be tricked, it has nothing to do with the stress test. This is how it downloads all the time unless you get lucky and are one the random few it actually downloads at normal speed for. I can download other games in minutes, this game 12 hours. I bought this game a while back and wish I could get my money back. It just sits in a dusty file because of the update times.

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling the servers are in Eastern Europe or Russia
I am having this issue too
thankfully its only 4 gigs
but I can see this being a huge issue if the game becomes more popular..

DirtyToxin

Yep...Just bought this today and it's going 7KB/s. I have a gigabit connection with an average download speed of 50-90MB/s Feels like I've gone back to the 28.8K dialup days.

Solutions please? I've tried getting the game files from friends, but the launcher isn't picking them up and is infact overwriting them making this whole situation further fxxking frustrating! 

what might help is going into settings of your launcehr and check your use the peer-to-peer download and seeding checkbox. Some other games use it and it should download those files from players, not just server, wich might be faster.

Its in the "updates" section, so at least is should speed up your updates, not sure if it will fork for whole game download

Edited by healtonn
KiwiWarlordNZ

Please address this - going to take 4 days to download right now, thats unacceptable after taking quite a decent price off new players like us :(

I had this issue last update and now this current one have sent 3 support questions to developers but no reply, its pathetic, game is ok when running but the update delay is just retarded! it it doesnt appear to be a priority either going on the fact that i have had no responce! its just wasted money really as cannot play it and not prepared to wait 72hrs downloading at 20kbps, i got better speeds when i was on dial up years ago!

9 hours ago, Muzzstar said:

I had this issue last update and now this current one have sent 3 support questions to developers but no reply, its pathetic, game is ok when running but the update delay is just retarded! it it doesnt appear to be a priority either going on the fact that i have had no responce! its just wasted money really as cannot play it and not prepared to wait 72hrs downloading at 20kbps, i got better speeds when i was on dial up years ago!

You have to run the game as administrator to get good download speeds.

Here From germany, got an average speed of around 200 KB/s. That is less than 1/5 of what my usual download speed is.

Download is done in about 6 hours.

Im on a 1GB/s connection... Normally download at 40+mb/s so getting 20kb/s is so sad... 15 hours in and im at 528mb / 4478mb.... It failed a checksum at somepoint last night so stopped.. 

50 KB/s What the hell?

13 hours ago, bigrudie said:

Just set up a VPN from NZ to USA and now downloading at 4mb/s.. Seems NZ is on low priority compared to everyone else?

Tried this just now....20KB/s.

• 2 weeks later...