varenvel

PVE mode , hear me out

On 1/5/2018 at 10:30 PM, Cevune said:

In theory you could also avoid server load issues by releasing a private server hosting package to allow the individuals to simply host their own offline mode on their own hardware while implicitly disabling the ability for any changes made on this server from contacting the official databases that store character information.

Another alternative would be to simply engineer the offline mode to run on a local machine and allow direct connect via IP, sharing the load in a peer-to-peer fashion.

In either case, these take the strain off of the main servers and front them to the user's hardware while maintaining Co-Op functionality and preventing it from skewing the game economy on the main servers.

And frankly, who cares if cheats/trainers/mods are used offline? That doesn't affect your experience at all. That's like saying someone's privately expressed sexual fetish you dislike should forcibly not happen because you don't like it. It isn't even happening in a realm you're aware of, what does it matter?

And likewise who cares if players miss the multiplayer experience? People who would get in-game, play offline singleplayer/coop, and don't try the online mode are the same who aren't even going to give the game a try in the first place because they aren't interested in PVP heavy games to begin with. Offline mode or not, you're talking about losing a group that's already lost, man. You're far more likely to gain players by giving them an environment to learn the mechanics at their own pace and by giving on-the-fence players a more comfortable way to be enticed by the gameplay.

exactly.

Sure 2 differents servers pvp and pve i am sure are more players that enjoy pve than always on pvp like we now al pvp servers going more dead on most place is good for some months and after those pvp players quit the game pve players on that way  just enjoy the game to exploring and to do quest  

pvp is more like world war 2 .

Just killing and most pvp players dont loot al .

And pve is different is killing bot npc  but also to enjoy to do the quest and having fun on other way with friends so many ingame .

i really hope the pve server coming fast  if not allot quit the game .

And ofline mode is not really pve server is only to learn how to play and to see how or where al is becouse al rest dont work .

I would certainly like to see the main campaign as purely PVE. For me, the PVP really ruins the experience. I like to immerse myself in the game, but I can't, because of other players. The PUBG gameplay is kinda fun, but sometimes it takes away from the inherent aesthetic beauty of the game. 

• Like 1

pvp is not really a game is more fast killing than the go to other games  .

pve is more casual players than enjoy the game for exploring looking everybuilding and also doing quest ,

is very different than pvp.

Edited by marked00
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Kedzie said:

I would certainly like to see the main campaign as purely PVE. For me, the PVP really ruins the experience. I like to immerse myself in the game, but I can't, because of other players. The PUBG gameplay is kinda fun, but sometimes it takes away from the inherent aesthetic beauty of the game. 

9 hours ago, marked00 said:

pvp is not really a game is more fast killing than the go to other games  .

pve is more casual players than enjoy the game for exploring looking everybuilding and also doing quest ,

is very different than pvp.

7 hours ago, versace_bumbag said:

It would be stupid not to add co-op offline with separate character. They have the grounds for it. It would increase the playerbase and the longevity of the game simply.

thank you for commenting. 

41 minutes ago, GhostZ69 said:

Offline Co-Op is coming!  Thanks Nikita!  

Now, he did not give a time frame, but he did say it was coming!

FANTASTIC!!!!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

Offline Co-Op is coming!  Thanks Nikita!  

Now, he did not give a time frame, but he did say it was coming!

could you post source?

5 minutes ago, bigbacon said:

so it will be pointless? Good job

Heh, even a step in the right direction is not good to you?  First we convinced them from, "THERE WILL BE NO OFFLINE AT ALL!!!!!111O11!one!!"  To, "There will be offline co-op with friends but nothing saves."  Just as we asked for the offline we can ask for a separate save for the offline so we can play offline with friends or solo and progress that way.  Easy as that.  Keep your head up.  Ask, nicely, for what you want.  You may just get it.

• Like 1

I am sure the working on 2 different servers for pvp and pve  if not the gone lose most of there players becouse those are pve players not pvp players .

I know they won’t but I would love an offline server to practice on. Even w friends and not save. Don’t need it too. Just a couple of raids stress free and if I have to jump off bc of any reason, then i can. 

I have a family and don’t get to game much. Offline is fun bc sometimes i like to play but have to log out mid Match bc I have to go do something. 

If it doesn’t stress the servers or affect online mode i say keep it

I love online too so don’t get me wrong  

but if Russia 2028 is the offline game and they want them separate, I understand. It’s what the devs want. 

well there is hope and so i know a lot devs who changed their mind on various things , even bigger things then just adding coop:) stay positive people

if they don't its fine , but would be nice.

Battlestate Games COO - Nikita 178 points 9 days ago 

offline peer 2 peer is planned. without progression save"

Edited by GhostZ69
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GhostZ69 said:

Battlestate Games COO - Nikita 178 points 9 days ago 

offline peer 2 peer is planned. without progression save"

again, useless then. Very sad, I think a separate character with progression would really allow other types of gamers to get into the game and/or have another avenue for any one else to get their Tarkov on in a slightly less hectic environment.

4 minutes ago, bigbacon said:

again, useless then. Very sad, I think a separate character with progression would really allow other types of gamers to get into the game and/or have another avenue for any one else to get their Tarkov on in a slightly less hectic environment.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  You and me alike.  I agree with you that I would LOVE to see a completely separate character that can gear up and progress differently/separately from the main online character.  A save that would could play solo when the servers are desyncing or the ques are too long.  A save that we could play peer-to-peer with our friends and family that could progress completely separately from the main online character save.  

I think that if enough people ask for it we may get it.  Just like keeping the offline mode and creating a peer-to-peer play mode.  This mode could keep more people interested in the game longer and keep them interested enough in the game to continue to purchase further DLC as it is released.  Longevity for a game is never a bad thing.

• Like 1

The hesitance of the devs to add a singleplayer mode, as mind boggling as that seems from a sales/revenue standpoint - and indeed aiming instead now to make the game group/clan oriented by soon having tasks that cannot be completed PVP solo - is really a crushing blow to me. 

Just because some gamers may be PVP pu$$ys (not me), or game-friendless (me), or have a crappy computer and/or an equally crappy internet connection putting them at a severe PVP disadvantage (me), or are simply ham-fisted, unskilled FPS players that lack the instincts and combat prowess to match tournament-class players and clans (me), DOESN'T mean that they can't appreciate - hell, adore, even - the kind of realism presented in this game... what with it's realistic weapon mechanics and modding, the realistic survival, health, and awesome sound mechanics, the visuals and immersive environments, the fantastic looting and tasking mechanics, etc... 

I'm here to say that that level of realism can not be made to feel any less real just by removing the PVP element from the equation. The PVP only ramps up the excitement and difficulty for those craving something more. Excitement and difficulty are GREAT for this game, I agree, but there are many of us who would simply like to immerse ourselves in the realism alone. 

Paying customers of my ilk would support this game en masse with the addition of a singleplayer mode, adding to both the game's popularity AND the devs coffers. Who needs story elements or gay dialogue, or any other singleplayer oriented crap? What the game offers right now, with its raiding/looting/extract or die system and the tasks - not to mention what's coming down the pike - is a perfect medium for any singleplayer sandboxer to happily sink his teeth into this game and spend countless hours playing, simply by way of the immersive realism. 

I don't know why the devs are so obtuse in this regard. These guys are so talented - the freaking cream of the crop! If I'd made a game that's this brilliant, it would upset me greatly to realize that a vast pool of gamers never partook to experience my brilliant work, after all the toil and effort I put into making it, because I chose to target only a small niche of clan gamers... those decked out in their fancy comm headsets, and engaging in their weekend warrior roleplay speak, hehe. Ahem, not having my masterpiece ever seen and experienced and enjoyed by a lost potential of masses would actually upset me more than any limited revenues due to my oversight. 

So please, talented devs, make it so. Believe me, your game will STILL be awesome if you offer a singleplayer, seperate-profile-from-online-profile option in addition. A profile that plays EXACTLY like the current game, only in singleplayer vs Scavs. And really, why do the scavs have to spawn at the same predictable locations? Change that to random spawn across the board, and keep the tension high for the singleplayer too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, 68plex said:

The hesitance of the devs to add a singleplayer mode, as mind boggling as that seems from a sales/revenue standpoint - and indeed aiming instead now to make the game group/clan oriented by soon having tasks that cannot be completed PVP solo - is really a crushing blow to me. 

Just because some gamers may be PVP pu$$ys (not me), or game-friendless (me), or have a crappy computer and/or an equally crappy internet connection putting them at a severe PVP disadvantage (me), or are simply ham-fisted, unskilled FPS players that lack the instincts and combat prowess to match tournament-class players and clans (me), DOESN'T mean that they can't appreciate - hell, adore, even - the kind of realism presented in this game... what with it's realistic weapon mechanics and modding, the realistic survival, health, and awesome sound mechanics, the visuals and immersive environments, the fantastic looting and tasking mechanics, etc... 

I'm here to say that that level of realism can not be made to feel any less real just by removing the PVP element from the equation. The PVP only ramps up the excitement and difficulty for those craving something more. Excitement and difficulty are GREAT for this game, I agree, but there are many of us who would simply like to immerse ourselves in the realism alone. 

Paying customers of my ilk would support this game en masse with the addition of a singleplayer mode, adding to both the game's popularity AND the devs coffers. Who needs story elements or gay dialogue, or any other singleplayer oriented crap? What the game offers right now, with its raiding/looting/extract or die system and the tasks - not to mention what's coming down the pike - is a perfect medium for any singleplayer sandboxer to happily sink his teeth into this game and spend countless hours playing, simply by way of the immersive realism. 

I don't know why the devs are so obtuse in this regard. These guys are so talented - the freaking cream of the crop! If I'd made a game that's this brilliant, it would upset me greatly to realize that a vast pool of gamers never partook to experience my brilliant work, after all the toil and effort I put into making it, because I chose to target only a small niche of clan gamers... those decked out in their fancy comm headsets, and engaging in their weekend warrior roleplay speak, hehe. Ahem, not having my masterpiece ever seen and experienced and enjoyed by a lost potential of masses would actually upset me more than any limited revenues due to my oversight. 

So please, talented devs, make it so. Believe me, your game will STILL be awesome if you offer a singleplayer, seperate-profile-from-online-profile option in addition. A profile that plays EXACTLY like the current game, only in singleplayer vs Scavs. And really, why do the scavs have to spawn at the same predictable locations? Change that to random spawn across the board, and keep the tension high for the singleplayer too.

Pretty much stole the words right out of my mouth.  I would not need, or would I want some movie like cinematic experience like so many other "FPS SHOOTER" game have for the single player experience.  No new quests, nothing.  Just like it will be for the multiplayer side.  The same game, just a difference save spot and no ability to go online.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, r0zen said:

I still believe it will happen

I know you did not bother to read all four pages.  But, YES, Offline Co-Op with friends is coming.  No progression save (yet).