varenvel

PVE mode , hear me out

Hi, new player here. Love the game and think its a real breath of fresh air in the FPS market. I love the PVP modes but just wanted to voice my support for a separate PVE mode with seperate progression and saving. Completely offline would also be good for those of us with poor internet connections.

Also wanted to say I love the current offline mode because it allows me to play with different setups in a risk-free environment before taking them out into the wild!

Cheers.

4 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

I know you did not bother to read all four pages.  But, YES, Offline Co-Op with friends is coming.  No progression save (yet).

I've read it, and yes my bad - I could explain better what i believe in :). What I meant is that I would like to have offline SP (not necessarily co-op) with progression. As others said no plot needed like in Witcher, no cinematics, just local instance of current character with save, separated from MP.

• Like 1

I like this idea, I would also like to see some kind of PVE mode, BUT, I think that there should be separate stashes so you can't grind in PVE mode and use the gear grinded in the PVE mode for PVP!
//DiCaprio

• Like 1

1 hour ago, addbow said:

I like this idea, I would also like to see some kind of PVE mode, BUT, I think that there should be separate stashes so you can't grind in PVE mode and use the gear grinded in the PVE mode for PVP!
//DiCaprio

Yes, you can do the Offline solo OR with a friend.  You use the same stash as your online character, but, just as before, you lose nothing you gain nothing.  No exp, no loot, no skill gains, no trader rep etc etc.

I personally would like to see a completely separate save.  One of "offline" and the normal online.  That is what I am pushing for.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

For some reason I read that offline co-op mode as “practice shooting your friends”.

That aside, would there be a weapons test thing without having to own the gear sort of how you can try a gun out at the store to feel out for what you may potentially buy? An offline area for testing all sorts of guns and combinations would be neat...

I would be completely okay with a separate PvE progression, with separate stash and everything.  In fact, I would probably play the game a lot more if such a thing was added.  Right now if none of my friends are online or willing to play, then neither am I.

• Upvote 1

On 1/3/2018 at 1:29 PM, tobiassolem said:

Let's say you and I meet somewhere in Tarkov, we're both USEC. And in this particular example I'm a murderous fragging son of a ... . And I shoot you. How would anyone else know what I did? In the scenario described; you would be dead, and anyone I met after would have no idea what just happened (unless of course they witnessed it). One of the reasons why this happens in Tarkov, is the same reason why it happens in any zone where there is a perceived lack of consequences for actions. You can see it in riots, and in hardcore survival situations. There are stories from ships sinking of people literally stepping on others trying to survive.

Thomas Hobbes has been refuted many times, but there are situations where I think his point actually is relevant, and in some sad, dark way I believe that without society and comfort - many individuals will abandon morality. This is why I believe its so important to have society, and why its important to socialize. And this is why I think its a good idea to join a group/clan or whatever also. 

One other thing, "fun" is a very limited view of what games should be. Personally I prefer "flow". A game can be frustrating, annoying, gut-wrenchingly sad, or extremely challenging to any sense, and still be very good. Hence why game flow is more important in my opinion. Escape From Tarkov might not be fun at all times, but it certainly has a lot of the other parts I like.

I think you just have to either accept that EFT won't be the PvE-heaven you'd prefer. At least not yet. We'll see if Battlestate opens up the game for modding sometime down the line (after all Unity is extremely moddable). 

Actually the reason why i want to buy this game is the pvp aspect .

I can go ontop and the bottom trying to explain why if i had to chose between PVP and PVE hands own i would choose PVP (my opinion) it is more unpredictable.

That does not mean you should think like me actually that is why testing is for.

COOP PVE is easy bro it will not be fun in a short while( again my opinion does not have to be true for everyone)

This game would be soooooooo easy with only PVE... The real challenge is the other players in the raid. I could care less about scavs. You can literally kill every scav in a raid with a hatchet so I would get super bored with just PVE. One of my favourite things in this game is to go in with a hatchet, kill a group of scavs with it and steal their gear and use that to kill full gear players. Provides a good challenge (the killing other players part, not the scav killing)

I do however like the option to test things out and learn the maps with Offline mode. Although there is going to be a tutorial and shooting range so the Offline will become somewhat obsolete.

EFT has my money and more if they keep a separate PvE mode with separate character, gear save and progression. The game has addictive mechanics and the potential to be a game to survive a decade after release. 

Without an offline mode or PVE mode, I just don't see how this game survives 2 years after release with the fan base it achieves from release. I dont want this game to crash and burn because there isn't another game like it out there. 

I just don't see how a seperate pve mode hurts the game at all. If anything, it helps people come back to EFT when they play other games. It helps people coup with getting there butts whooped in pvp. It will give the develops more cash to use to fund and build more content. 

Like it just shakes people's heads when they just say no to that idea.

• Upvote 1

Id love exactly the same and agree. I got the prepare for escape edition and love the game but would love it so so much more if it had an actual singleplayer mode. Why would it get boring? im not sure entirely why people just assume that it would, after all we are all different and see things from a different perspective. Id love to have the exact same features as online with the traders and progression etc. A PVP mode and A Singleplayer PVE mode, where you still do quests and raids just with more scavs and perhaps some boss types thrown in. There has been some great suggestions here and id love if the dev teams decided to accomodate the other half of the market (singleplayers) by giving us something very close to the online pvp mode. Is this where Russia 2028 comes in or was that just rumourwares?

Edited by gdubmx

There will be another game after this one, according to Nikita it will be his "Magnum Opus"  Single player game

And it will be in this same universe (Russia 2028)

So this game will have no PVE, but it is all part of a bigger universe and the next game will be PVE only.

HDC: -Without a doubt your passion and commitment for Escape From Tarkov is indisputable, Is this a project that was long in your to do list?

Nikita: -Essentially, yes, though both name and details were shaped long after the concept was conceived. There was a long-standing wish to do something new, without regard to the popularity and money, something really interesting, in Russia 2028 universe. So, we have decided to make Escape from Tarkov as a prologue, to lay the story groundworks and gain the experience necessary to create our magnum opus, an extensive single player Russia 2028 game.  

source:

Edited by mcloud
source added