WhiskeyDog

Auto Breach

WhiskeyDog

Please consider implementing an automatic breach interaction when sprinting into a door. This is a realistic mechanic and very functional. Keep up the good work!

truskolas

But sometimes you are just running next to the door... imagine theese bugs and being killed while trying to escape but sb kills you because you start breaching

Lutzelodeon
vor 8 Minuten schrieb truskolas:

But sometimes you are just running next to the door... imagine theese bugs and being killed while trying to escape but sb kills you because you start breaching

...Then they have to implement a function that checks the angle of your character... it's simple as it sounds.

TheSpec32

That’s just bugs waiting to happen.

I hope it’s optional, I would not want that to be enabled by default.

Or at least a disable option

cruxer666

I have seen similar sprint and ram mechanic in Dying Light. Once you unlock certain skill when you press some button while sprinting you could ram zombies and make them fall over. It was useful while running into a bunch of zombies, just ramming them like bowling pins then stomp their heads :D I do not think this will happen in EFT though. A wave of ramming hatchlings would emerge, the lamenting of hatchling haters would be even worse than it is already, mwahahahaha.

I would take this idea in a different direction. Make all unlocked door a destructible item, and locked door reinforced=indestructible. So a kick, 2-3 shotgun shells, a grenade can breech the door if close enough. It would require a kick button though. I would prefer to initiate kick by button press rather than a menu. But I doubt this will happen too, still we can try to suggest it.

GhostZ69

I am not sure how far they are going to go with this.  But lets be honest.  With the right tools NO door is unbreachable.  If they put in battering rams any door I have seen in this game should come down with a few hard hits. I do not care about some lame arse rebar welded across the door.  The frame is still wood.  I have taken down doors inside of a police station that had a steel frame.  All I used was a sledge hammer.  It took me about 30 swings but I got in the door.  That room was previously the evidence room.  Steel door, steel frame, handle locked and a dead bolt lock.

• Upvote 1

cruxer666
15 hours ago, GhostZ69 said:

I am not sure how far they are going to go with this.  But lets be honest.  With the right tools NO door is unbreachable.  If they put in battering rams any door I have seen in this game should come down with a few hard hits. I do not care about some lame arse rebar welded across the door.  The frame is still wood.  I have taken down doors inside of a police station that had a steel frame.  All I used was a sledge hammer.  It took me about 30 swings but I got in the door.  That room was previously the evidence room.  Steel door, steel frame, handle locked and a dead bolt lock.

I agree, I have broken down walls with a sledgehammer when I was doing some summer jobs while on uni. To be honest for a PMC no door should be an issue. PMC's being ex SF do know how to use rams, pry bars, sledge hammers, shotguns, breaching blow torches, motorised saws, explosives and even hydraulic tools to get any door open. But to have the mechanic of using the key or lock picking I think devs introduced this unrealistic indestructible door.

They could create these breaching tools, lets say to take a whole slot for a weapon and contribute badly to your ergonomics, but in terms of development time I am sure they will say, no. It would require new 3d models and complex animation only to breach door. This is why I proposed destructible/ indestructible door it is not very realistic but it is cheap in terms of dev time contribution and works within systems already in place.

WhiskeyDog

There are definitely different ways to go with this idea, but it came to me as I was bravely running away from silenced gunfire exiting Factory. I hate having to come to a complete stop and slowly open a door(or select breach) after sprinting. Just to be clear, I'm not asking for a new entry option, just that when aimed at a door, in a sprint, when you meet the door it automatically runs breach, and behaves exactly like breach would normally. 

cruxer666
7 hours ago, WhiskeyDog said:

There are definitely different ways to go with this idea, but it came to me as I was bravely running away from silenced gunfire exiting Factory. I hate having to come to a complete stop and slowly open a door(or select breach) after sprinting. Just to be clear, I'm not asking for a new entry option, just that when aimed at a door, in a sprint, when you meet the door it automatically runs breach, and behaves exactly like breach would normally. 

This makes a lot of sense, I would like to have it in the game, but I think they will still say no. I am guessing from the perspective of time required to put this in the game. It would become Dayz if they would like to implement every cool thing we come up with. The funny thing is they overtook Dayz already. Four years in early access and Dayz announced beta last month, bwahahaha.