Supercharger116

Too hard for beginners???

Supercharger116

I have a couple friends that recently got the game but they can’t really figure anything out because at this point the game is very hard to learn, I love this game and I encourage to fix this to maybe add some sort of tutorial and maybe a map included with players less than level 10 that have not played the game before then. Does anyone else agree?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Rustknuckle

The game is supposed to be hard, but if you have experience with any FPS game it should be easy to start playing. Maps can be bought from trader. Trick to this game is to not mind dying a lot until you learn the maps and good loot locations. Take your time on maps in the beginning, dont run around CoD style. People will hear you if you do that and kill you for that sweet sweet loot.

tobiassolem

Escape From Tarkov is designed as a squad-based PvPvE hardcore title. Thus, if your friends aren't already, they should group up first and foremost (playing EFT alone right now is much easier than what it will become once planned content is added - thus: work together). Is it "too hard"? That is a very subjective viewpoint. It's up to all of us to decide for ourselves whether a challenge we face is insurmountable - whether it is because we lack the will to adapt and learn, the time, or the interest. 

Regardless of which, I encourage you and your friends to play together. Cover each other as you move, don't split up, and if you see a group that looks like it's got more gear than you - plan your attack when they least expect it... or consider running away to fight another day.

Anyways, have fun in Tarkov!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Doz3r

Yes, this isnt CoD/CS/Battlefield and i hope devs will not make it easier!

SoulAssassin
1 hour ago, tobiassolem said:

Escape From Tarkov is designed as a squad-based PvPvE hardcore title. Thus, if your friends aren't already, they should group up first and foremost (playing EFT alone right now is much easier than what it will become once planned content is added - thus: work together). Is it "too hard"? That is a very subjective viewpoint. It's up to all of us to decide for ourselves whether a challenge we face is insurmountable - whether it is because we lack the will to adapt and learn, the time, or the interest. 

Regardless of which, I encourage you and your friends to play together. Cover each other as you move, don't split up, and if you see a group that looks like it's got more gear than you - plan your attack when they least expect it... or consider running away to fight another day.

Anyways, have fun in Tarkov!

I totally agree with what you said, but correct me if I'm wrong, I never saw advertised anywhere that this game is "squad" based. Only after beeing wiped off maps by teams of high level players a couple of times I understood that you can't stand a chance alone on this game.

qS_Sachiel

There's currently an offline mode for map familiarisation and weapon familiarisation.

click to enable PVE if you wish (default off). Anything used/lost during offline play will be refunded at end of game. anything you gain / find will be taken from you.

• Like 1

Ang3vil
2 hours ago, Supercharger116 said:

I have a couple friends that recently got the game but they can’t really figure anything out because at this point the game is very hard to learn, I love this game and I encourage to fix this to maybe add some sort of tutorial and maybe a map included with players less than level 10 that have not played the game before then. Does anyone else agree?

EFT is not only hard to learn. More you play and more you are good more the game give you a lot of advantages (keys, skills attributes, traders access, maps, containers, special items ...). So beginners are disadvantaged against old players. It's the paradox of EFT. And more the game get older more the gap will increase further between old and new players ...

An other point, on how bad the game is build sometime. You don't need to aim (right click) to shoot someone, I mean your character always shoot on the center of your screen, really precisely. So if you stick a crosshair on the middle of your screen you get a lot of advantages. It's allowed, even streamer use this trick ...

Supercharger116
22 hours ago, Rustknuckle said:

The game is supposed to be hard, but if you have experience with any FPS game it should be easy to start playing. Maps can be bought from trader. Trick to this game is to not mind dying a lot until you learn the maps and good loot locations. Take your time on maps in the beginning, dont run around CoD style. People will hear you if you do that and kill you for that sweet sweet loot.

I am not talking about me, I am talking about people I know leaving they game because they can’t get a grip of what is going on because it is so difficult.

Zig1980

Let them go... the game is just not for them 

• Like 3

sYs

How is this game hard?

Loot / kill / extract

Each death is a lesson - learn from it. Game can be frustrating sometimes but because of it - it's rewarding when something finally goes your way. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

UncleDark
13 minutes ago, sYs said:

How is this game hard?

Loot / kill / extract

Each death is a lesson - learn from it. Game can be frustrating sometimes but because of it - it's rewarding when something finally goes your way. 

That and trust nobody/aim for the head. It's pure kos atm if you don't know the person be sure to murder them first

• Like 1

Lalec1
21 hours ago, qS_Sachiel said:

There's currently an offline mode for map familiarisation and weapon familiarisation.

click to enable PVE if you wish (default off). Anything used/lost during offline play will be refunded at end of game. anything you gain / find will be taken from you.

It is hard and I am a very poor FPS player, but watch You Tube and you will see that single players can play successfully and get enjoyment from the game.  Go from  You Tube to offline and enjoy the brilliant maps.  Then play in PvE mode.  Once your happy with that play as a Scav and once you have the hang of that play as a PMC.  Don't expect to be top man but get enjoyment from a top class game.

If in future low level players can be got together we could progress to team games. 

Edited by Lalec1

Absolut79
23 часа назад, Supercharger116 сказал:

..... because at this point the game is very hard to learn.... Does anyone else agree?

This is absolutely true. At this stage game is not user friendly at all. I m not asking to add markers or something like this. Need add more tutorials, add more info how to modify weapon etc. (for me it's pretty easy right now, but 2 my friends abandon after few hours). I think BSG are losing lot of money because of it.. or in other words they could earn more. IMHO

zpwarrior
1 minute ago, Absolut79 said:

This is absolutely true. At this stage game is not user friendly at all. I m not asking to add markers or something like this. Need add more tutorials, add more info how to modify weapon etc. (for me it's pretty easy right now, but 2 my friends abandon after few hours). I think BSG are losing lot of money because of it.. or in other words they could earn more. IMHO

I never understood why the menu, trader and weapon customization had little to no info for new players. I'm all down for the gameplay being hard, but the out of game should assist newer players a bit more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

nuRdy

Every single new player will either leave the game, or find a friend that can explain everything. I'm a new player and i'm still to this day confused about so many things.. extracting as a new player is extremely hard without friends that know where to extract. Buying maps without your friends telling you to do so is also something that many new players will not do. At this moment in time i'm level 11 and i still find it confusing to extract and get out of maps. I think the reason why some may find it hard is because some of them come from other games where you are basically fed with information and you go out into the world while in this game you gotta feed yourself and some may not like that...

• Like 2

bigbacon

it doesn't help that the game has so many problems that even if you want learn you sometimes just can't. poor in game performance, crashes, server disconnects mean that, people like myself, who are new, have absolutely almost had it with the game. Any fun I have is immediately sapped away because of bad programming, terrible servers, or terrible game mechanics.

I wouldn't recommend this game to ANYONE right now. not worth spending a dime on.

I've paid into plenty of forever beta games but this one is the worst experience i've had. you spend 30+ minutes of you life only to have it completely wasted for one reason or another beyond my control.

Edited by bigbacon

ShiroTenshi
22 hours ago, SoulAssassin said:

I totally agree with what you said, but correct me if I'm wrong, I never saw advertised anywhere that this game is "squad" based. Only after beeing wiped off maps by teams of high level players a couple of times I understood that you can't stand a chance alone on this game.

It was. Back when there was a FAQ on the main website they said it was possible to play solo but that you would need a team to actually finish all the raids. They said the same back in the 2016 interviews that are posted in the Project News section of the game. They stated it several times.

Team play is one of the most important aspects to any MMO projects. What do players have to expect from Escape From Tarkov in that regard? How will they interact? Shall it be possible to clear the game solo?

We would like to specifically point out that the game can be cleared solo, without partners, on beginner locations. From there on, however, either increasingly high skill or the help of the trusted partners will be required. Trust is important, because there will always be something to betray for. When you die in the raid, you lose all equipment, except for the money in the secure containers. First, by playing with partners you get to upgrade you skills together (in a hivemind manner). Second, you can communicate with them either via preset radio commands (loot found, enemy spotted, get the door, exit found etc) or your own voice on the microphone. Some of the scenarios specifically require teamplay, as some of the actions will need at least two persons to perform. Third, more guns (especially tactically advantageous ones) can make that very difference that will get you through scenario alive. And finally, more hands mean more loot!

(link)

The social part of the game:

The game will have a location-based system. You have to pass the first location to get to the second and so on. And the further you go, the harder it gets. And you will not be able to pass all the locations by yourself. The game is more party-based.

(link)

Also, there will be a tutorial location when the game is released, the DEVs have also stated this before. The aim here is to get things good to go by release, just because it hasn't been added yet does not mean it will not exist.

• Like 1

zpwarrior
3 minutes ago, bigbacon said:

it doesn't help that the game has so many problems that even if you want learn you sometimes just can't. poor in game performance, crashes, server disconnects mean that, people like myself, who are new, have absolutely almost had it with the game. Any fun I have is immediately sapped away because of bad programming, terrible servers, or terrible game mechanics.

I wouldn't recommend this game to ANYONE right now. not worth spending a dime on.

I've paid into plenty of forever beta games but this one is the worst experience i've had. you spend 30+ minutes of you life only to have it completely wasted for one reason or another beyond my control.

I wouldn't want someone with no real experience or knowledge of the game to recommend it to other people either.

LikyLawlliet

Well, when i bought the game, i first spended like 2 months watching a lot of streams and videos and still had some difficulties, but since i downloaded the game again after 4 months, i'm not used with all alterations yet.

The game really needs some implementations to new players in my opinion, for example:

* Theres no way to know what the duck ataches where in mods, dificulting the life of someone trying to buy one scope for example, or the right cartridge;

* There are "movements" that are not showed in the key mappings, so making a simple tutorial would be good.

Yeah, we love the hardness guys, but thats not for everyone.

Darrenmac21
29 minutes ago, bigbacon said:

I totally disagree with you and everyone else complaining that the game is too hard. There is a learning curve with the game as with every other game. Yes this game is a bit harder to learn but if you expected this game to be easy you clearly didn't do any research whatsoever. You dont buy the new battlefield/call of duty and expect to be kicking ass straight away.

Also you dont die and will never die from something out of your control. This is a survival game. Learn how to survive.

TR28
1 hour ago, Oberoy said:

The game really needs some implementations to new players in my opinion, for example:

* Theres no way to know what the duck ataches where in mods, dificulting the life of someone trying to buy one scope for example, or the right cartridge;

* There are "movements" that are not showed in the key mappings, so making a simple tutorial would be good.

Sorry, but I have to disagree.

First of all, the mods: If you do read the descriptions of those mods/rails/scopes etc. you will definitely figure it out( I agree that sometimes you have to look for stuff but that is not hard to do and you can take your time with it). If you inspect any gun, it will tell you what cartridge it uses, so that is not an issue, same thing goes for the different types of ammunition of the same cartridge (it will tell you what is the bullet composed of). 

Movements: Most of those movements (apart from leaning to side and maybe adjusting your stance which is c+mouse wheel) are completely unusable and just not worth it. Wanna check how much ammo is in your mag? Well you can either use the animation or look into your inventory, which is faster and makes the same amount of noise. It is nice to have the ability to shoot from behind cover, but that is completely pointless and ineffective right now, in my opinion. You want to examine your weapon? It is just cool to look at it, no use for it now. You want to check the chamber? You wont see any round in the chamber anyways (at least I did not when I tried that). It is not really such a problem to figure these out, just go offline and press every button to see what it does! 

Edited by TR28

Rhah
2 hours ago, bigbacon said:

^this. I love the game and the hardcore elements that it brings to the survival fps genre, but the current server stability and performance is killing it for me atm.

I understand completely that it is an unfinished beta, but after going through the same bs over and over again of spending 30+ min in one match, taking out hostiles for xp, getting full loot, heading to the extraction point only to get a "server disconnect" message and no option to re-enter makes me not want to play until release.

This exact scenario has happened to me 5-6 times now and ugh I like to give betas an EA games leeway on this type of thing but its a little too broken for open beta and I dont blame peopel for leaving.

nick614

My problem currently has just been poo luck, 

Go in as scav, the moment I found a trizip and about to haul 4 guns out I 2 shot a player with the MR133 from like 10 feet, he backs up takes cover leans 2 taps me with the saiga carbine. I mean scavs auto aim buck shot at my face 30 yards away but  I cant cut a guy in half <20ft?

AI scavs have been grenade hungry on me! Been fully looted twice, boom grenade.

And once fully looted turned a corner and took a weak hit, ran off a good distance to heal (I know the scavs do patrol better now) and the duck literally was on top of me with another grenade by the time I finished my heal , I popped out killed but he must have had time to toss a grenade because I shot him in the back running away!

SCAVS HAVE BE COME RIDICULOUS!!

georgeadam
4 hours ago, 614nick said:

My problem currently has just been poo luck, 

Go in as scav, the moment I found a trizip and about to haul 4 guns out I 2 shot a player with the MR133 from like 10 feet, he backs up takes cover leans 2 taps me with the saiga carbine. I mean scavs auto aim buck shot at my face 30 yards away but  I cant cut a guy in half <20ft?

AI scavs have been grenade hungry on me! Been fully looted twice, boom grenade.

And once fully looted turned a corner and took a weak hit, ran off a good distance to heal (I know the scavs do patrol better now) and the duck literally was on top of me with another grenade by the time I finished my heal , I popped out killed but he must have had time to toss a grenade because I shot him in the back running away!

SCAVS HAVE BE COME RIDICULOUS!!

Sounds like you're too greedy :P 

Scavs are great atm, they're not that challenging and they actually use tactics occasionally, when they're not flying or invisible :D

LikyLawlliet
15 hours ago, TR28 said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree.

First of all, the mods: If you do read the descriptions of those mods/rails/scopes etc. you will definitely figure it out( I agree that sometimes you have to look for stuff but that is not hard to do and you can take your time with it). If you inspect any gun, it will tell you what cartridge it uses, so that is not an issue, same thing goes for the different types of ammunition of the same cartridge (it will tell you what is the bullet composed of). 

Movements: Most of those movements (apart from leaning to side and maybe adjusting your stance which is c+mouse wheel) are completely unusable and just not worth it. Wanna check how much ammo is in your mag? Well you can either use the animation or look into your inventory, which is faster and makes the same amount of noise. It is nice to have the ability to shoot from behind cover, but that is completely pointless and ineffective right now, in my opinion. You want to examine your weapon? It is just cool to look at it, no use for it now. You want to check the chamber? You wont see any round in the chamber anyways (at least I did not when I tried that). It is not really such a problem to figure these out, just go offline and press every button to see what it does! 

Sorry, but my vision keeps the same.

Soon or later more explainable things will be implemented anyway.