FurthestBen

Skier Quest: Task 1...This is ridiculous!

FurthestBen

Skier Quest: Get Fort armour and a Kevlar helmet...at level 1....

Okay who in the world thought this was a good idea for a STARTING quest?

I've been grinding factory for hours and hours killing SCAVs over and over and over and over and over and over...yet the best I've ever seen one with is either the white armour or the air pilot helmet. NO ONE has ever dropped this armor for me and no one ever walks around with the armour. This quest just seems impossible to me. I only got 7 hours left with this quest and I've been grinding for this armour and helmet non-stop.

Can someone please just add me and give me the armour because I can't even think about trying to get 2 of each of these damn things. What developer thought this would be good for the 1st task. The other are extremely easy in comparison.

Lightvoid

you only need one of each, head to shoreline as a scav head to "road to customs" extract find the scav with fort blow him and the rest away. easy fort and same for kiver

neur0tix
18 minutes ago, Lightvoid said:

you only need one of each, head to shoreline as a scav head to "road to customs" extract find the scav with fort blow him and the rest away. easy fort and same for kiver

Found two Forts. Both of them right there. Confirmed.

Never found a Kiver.

FurthestBen

I'm guessing you mean the two SCAVs right next to the exit. To bad someone got there before me because I spawned ALL the way on the other side of the map. Thought it was a friendly NPC until he clipped me right in the head.

Wish there was a way to tell the difference between player SCAVs and NPC SCAVs.

neur0tix
34 minutes ago, FurthestBen said:

I'm guessing you mean the two SCAVs right next to the exit. To bad someone got there before me because I spawned ALL the way on the other side of the map. Thought it was a friendly NPC until he clipped me right in the head.

Wish there was a way to tell the difference between player SCAVs and NPC SCAVs.

You can tell by their behavior and movements. But yea, when you got only like one second to think and decide before you get shot, it kinda sucks. 

FurthestBen

Got the fort armor from the spot. Only kiver now.

Thanks Lightvoid. Really helped out...

Though how do you find the kiver helmet?(Doesn't help that most of them are wearing christmas hats.)

Also there were 3 people and they were ALL wearing the armor...wish I could of just taken it all but no room :(. Killed them all at once, felt like I did a Mcree ultimate with my pistol LUL

Edited by FurthestBen

Lightvoid
12 minutes ago, FurthestBen said:

Got the fort armor from the spot. Only kiver now.

Thanks Lightvoid. Really helped out...

Though how do you find the kiver helmet?(Doesn't help that most of them are wearing christmas hats.)

Also there were 3 people and they were ALL wearing the armor...wish I could of just taken it all but no room :(. Killed them all at once, felt like I did a Mcree ultimate with my pistol LUL

hahaha nice, another place ive seen kivers is customs, just walk around til you find one. im still trying to find a couple for mates just got to keep searching.

my hunt for gas analyzers continues.

Edited by Lightvoid

NoreMee
2 hours ago, FurthestBen said:

Skier Quest: Get Fort armour and a Kevlar helmet...at level 1....

Okay who in the world thought this was a good idea for a STARTING quest?

I've been grinding factory for hours and hours killing SCAVs over and over and over and over and over and over...yet the best I've ever seen one with is either the white armour or the air pilot helmet. NO ONE has ever dropped this armor for me and no one ever walks around with the armour. This quest just seems impossible to me. I only got 7 hours left with this quest and I've been grinding for this armour and helmet non-stop.

Can someone please just add me and give me the armour because I can't even think about trying to get 2 of each of these damn things. What developer thought this would be good for the 1st task. The other are extremely easy in comparison.

Took me maybe 2 runs to get this finished. Try woods for one... For two, try woods... Oh and for three, try woods

On a serious note though, try woods and if you think YOU HAVE to do it in Factory, they stay as long as you can. The longer you stay the better the plunder is

FurthestBen

Got the Helmet. Someone gave it to me for free luckily when I asked in global chat. Some people are really nice. 

neur0tix
12 minutes ago, FurthestBen said:

Got the Helmet. Someone gave it to me for free luckily when I asked in global chat. Some people are really nice. 

Congratulations. So what did u learn for next time?

FurthestBen

To not start the damn quest until I'm ready to turn it in. Also to just go to shoreline and kill the guys at extract.

neur0tix
4 minutes ago, FurthestBen said:

To not start the damn quest until I'm ready to turn it in.

Exactly. Now be careful what u accepting. There will be more time limited quests. You can find entire list with everything you need to know in here: https://escapefromtarkov.gamepedia.com/Quests

Edited by neur0tix

Xello1101

In general, I would say that the thread creator is right.

We should get Skier something more low level, since we just started. It just doesn't feel right to give him the best equip right from the start in my eyes.

neur0tix
10 minutes ago, Xello1101 said:

In general, I would say that the thread creator is right.

We should get Skier something more low level, since we just started. It just doesn't feel right to give him the best equip right from the start in my eyes.

The thing is, EOD players have Kiver and Fort in their starting equipment aaswell as initially good standing with all traders. You know what it means. It always works like that in every game. However as long as they keep an option to farm up everything that EOD offers, I am ok with that. They said that things like Containers and Stash will be able to expand for Standard versions aswell just by playing and farming so, its fine.

Edited by neur0tix

Zig1980

To be honest I'm finding this really hard, gone through 90 odd scavs since the wipe and yet to find a fort or kiver. Last time I did this quest I found it very easy... must be luck of the draw!!

FurthestBen
4 hours ago, Zig1980 said:

To be honest I'm finding this really hard, gone through 90 odd scavs since the wipe and yet to find a fort or kiver. Last time I did this quest I found it very easy... must be luck of the draw!!

Just do what I did. Go to Shoreline and check the "Extract to Customs" There are about 2-3 SCAVs there. They seem to have a higher chance of having certain equipment like Forts and Kiver. I've found 3 fort armors and 1 Kiver so far since yesterday when i completed the quest. Just keep going there as SCAV and pop shot all of them down with the weapon you got (Hate the Bolt action shotgun but I managed).

You can go at night to avoid players if you wish but DAMN is it dark to see where the SCAVs are so I wouldn't recommend going there at night. Also all the guides are very outdated for the quests and where to get these items so I wouldn't trust them.

P.S As a side note I even found one with the SCAV backpack with a damn factory key.

Edited by FurthestBen

neur0tix

Yea it seems that this patch, along with new loot mechanic tables, there are places where you can find fort and kiver and there is no chance of finding it elsewhere. I checked out this places aswell and of course, I found mine instantly there.

Karkov

You can also follow Prapor quest line , If im not mistaken its the first Punishers rewards you with a Kiver and a Fort! :)

ReeseGG

When you turn over the Fort and Kiver will it take you to level 2 with Skier?

nuckingfuts

Don't you just love having the EOD package, and never having to open this kind of thread? :P

• Sad 2

ReeseGG

That doesn't answer my question, but I no longer have the Fort and Kiver. Just saying!

Box-of-Demons

How do you get Skier to give you a task? I can only get the therapist ones.

opiat3
On 1/4/2018 at 2:36 PM, ReeseGG said:

When you turn over the Fort and Kiver will it take you to level 2 with Skier?

It will boost your reputation on the amount of rep it says on the quest... depends on what your rep with him is before the 1st quest... but i think after 2nd quest you should have enough rep to go to lvl 2... then you just need to meet the other parameters required ( Your LVL and money spent on that trader )