DeadlyAsh

Brightness

DeadlyAsh

well i got max contrast and brightness up in my monitor butt its still pitch black in game and i went the to the options and there way to raise ingame or am i missing something?

• Like 1

7ension

I agree this is insanely annoying, they had the same problem in Contract Wars, the map has dark spots and the interior of buildings ain't natural at all.

Alucard5299

Huh I guess I'm one of the few people who play that don't have night blindness cause I have no problems seeing at nighttime. And honestly they won't turn up the gamma for the main reason that IT'S NOT REALISTIC, that's one of this games main trademarks. I can't just turn up the brightness in real life and also if we could do that in game then wtf is the purpose of NVGs?

bcham

i only play the daytime ,cant see where im even walking  at night,

UncleDark

If the brightness is an issue then don't play factory during night. In other maps you can see just fine without nvg during night.

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

7ension

I got a perfectly calibrated IPS monitor and i can't see poo on Customs at night.

Alucard5299

then you're night blind sucks to be you. Like I said if everyone could see at night then the whole purpose of night runs will be useless especially since there's NVGs in the game for a reason

• Confused 1

7ension

Do you even know what night blindness means? This has to do with Adaption of your eyes and doesn't affect your view on a monitor screen. Wow thats a really stupid argument.

• Like 2

bigdaddy37245
4 hours ago, Alucard5299 said:

Huh I guess I'm one of the few people who play that don't have night blindness cause I have no problems seeing at nighttime. And honestly they won't turn up the gamma for the main reason that IT'S NOT REALISTIC, that's one of this games main trademarks. I can't just turn up the brightness in real life and also if we could do that in game then wtf is the purpose of NVGs?

night blindness IRL and nightblindness while looking at a monitor are 2 completely different things. The characters should have some level off sight on the nights maps considering a human's eyes adjust to darkness giving them some level of sight. It would be realistic to give them the ability to see some in the darkness but when flashed, naded, got a flashlight to the face, maybe even muzzle flash, that you would lose this ability for a few seconds while your eyes (in game) readjusted to the darkness. This would actually be a cool skill to add to the game..

Edited by bigdaddy37245

Alucard5299

fair point but still not too hard to see a silhouette and players heads shine like no other. And I agree that would be an awesome addition to the game.

socks242

I can't see anything at night and i took a screenshot of factory at night and there is not any color difference in anything. like no possibility of seeing . 

Faktys

I can't even see during daytime on factory. So it's really anoying to don't be able to see anything at all... Strangely I don't have this problem on other maps, Only on Factory... :/

Dirpitz

Faktys sweetie you just died on NIGHT factory, got your tags here. Pick the left option for Daytime. Also I feel bad when I read the level on the tags :usad: If your 133 was insured you'll get it back tomorrow :beawesome:

• Like 1
  • Cold 1

RuBa1987

I think another issue with this is if you're playing as Scav you can't bring NVG with you. There should be some level of mild eye adaptation. Being completely blind doesn't enhance the player experience, it makes it more frustrating. 

Kristiano

I mostly play daytime and I have no problems with brightness

du3k

i really have no problems but reshade is a huge help for sharpness at distance 

devish

If you have trouble seeing in dark places, you could always turn up your gamma in your graphics card settings, or you could get ReShade or SweetFX and bump up the brightness.

• Like 1

stage

Or you can equip a flashlight attachment to your weapon or night vision goggles.

• Like 1

bj24edrftcv
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:18 PM, stage said:

Or you can equip a flashlight attachment to your weapon or night vision goggles.

While this is great and all Ive always tried pitching the idea of a handheld flashlight to replace the melee slot, maybe not a super nice one more of a old brick one that's kinda shitty so hatchlings cant just troll blind.

VokratFromBack

I play EfT the second day (I played PUBG before). How dark the maps are is something amazing. So far, I have a problem with distinguishing opponents when I play in Scav mode.
Programs like Reshade etc. are legal in Escape from Tarkov? While playing in PUBG, I was disgusted with such programs, but here you can not really see anything.

RastahMan

Night is supposed to be dark otherwise, Night Vision goggles would be useless sadly there are ways to turn up brightness/gamma or use certain software which results in quite frustrating situations where people can see you as clearly as it is during the day.

Andronome
On 12/31/2017 at 10:05 PM, bigdaddy37245 said:

night blindness IRL and nightblindness while looking at a monitor are 2 completely different things. The characters should have some level off sight on the nights maps considering a human's eyes adjust to darkness giving them some level of sight. It would be realistic to give them the ability to see some in the darkness but when flashed, naded, got a flashlight to the face, maybe even muzzle flash, that you would lose this ability for a few seconds while your eyes (in game) readjusted to the darkness. This would actually be a cool skill to add to the game..

It take up to 20 min for human eyes to re-adjust to dark light if you turn a flashlight on even for 5 seconds. So yes some additions could help realism and enhanced the quality of the game.

For the dark, one must admit that on factory, if you are not really facing a door with light coming from the inside, you can't see anything... Light reflection doesn't exactly work like that, and we should see something. And on the contrary, a cloudy night should really hide light even outside like on Shoreline.

But, like said before, this game is about realism, comparisons with other games are usually not pertinent because other devs announce clearly choices orientated to fulfill gameplay requirements but not realism.

Haxwell

Go to your nVidia control panel. Go to alter colors. Bump up the "Digital Vibrance" and see if that helps ur blind ass. Cheers.

CodiaktheZodiac
On 12/31/2017 at 12:16 PM, Alucard5299 said:

then you're night blind sucks to be you. Like I said if everyone could see at night then the whole purpose of night runs will be useless especially since there's NVGs in the game for a reason

Riddle me this then. I  use to have no problems playing at night. Could see find. Hell even preferred it to day time. Now i cant even see indoors. But if I play on my friends computer who can still see at night  I too can see fine. There is  not such thing as night blindness in a game. Real life yes but through a monitor uh not so much. 

DudeManPro
On 12/31/2017 at 12:16 PM, Alucard5299 said:

You have no idea what your are talking about my friend, you just know the word and are trying to use it to sound like you know what your talking about.

On 1/31/2019 at 7:14 PM, Haxwell said:

Go to your nVidia control panel. Go to alter colors. Bump up the "Digital Vibrance" and see if that helps ur blind ass. Cheers.

It's a monitor problem