Sign in to follow this  
Latviak

PTSD experience in WOODS (Share your stories!)

Latviak

Hello,

Am i the only one who thinks 5.0 Woods is a bit too much? Its more intense than factory now. Here are some experiences:

1)1 minute 20 seconds into the game. I already saw 5 people. Knowing the map i was still getting myself in crossfire every step. Shots everywhere. I am dead.

2)Knowing the situation first thing is to check and be aware of the spawns. Get 2 cheesy kills right off the bat. Not good because you feel like scum. And then comes the worst. You actually see a guy spawning into the game 10-20 meters away. I gave him couple seconds but i had to shoot him unprepared. Feels bad. Get sniped later.

3)Survive spawn massacre with 4 kills. Scouting and looting takes some time so you get 5 scavs paradropping on you right after spawn area. Get through it. meet players from other side in the middle. Avoid and run away like a little girl just to find a bunch of  scavs AGAIN, this time the ones that were intended for me. 

TL;DR - woods are crazy intense. I may get used to it but think of the starting players. I estimate their chances of getting through to be 0% unless they watch guides, learn maps, learn spawns. But note that everything that is used outside the game breaks the immersion. 

PGR70

I think the spawns at the House are too close together. When you spawn in there the only ones to make it out without shots fired are the two spawn locations closest to ZB014 and the woods. The others will run into eachother immediately. Hard to make it alive into the level.

Latviak

UPDATE on the Woods testing: THIS MAP IS BROKEN!!!

1)Spawn camping is the meta because you dont want to get shot in the back.Its exploit or lose situation. Not fun either way.

2)Due to high population and initial chaos groups have way too big advantage. I do my best to survive the initial onslaught but groups ALWAYS get me (at least one of them).

3)This map is essential for quest and you cannot ever get to killing scavs part. 

4)It spawns people right on your head!!!(i guess that balances spawn camping haha)

JUST TONE DOWN PLAYER AMOUNT PLEASE. HARDCORE IS ONLY GOOD AS LONG AS ITS FAIR!!!!!