Sign in to follow this  
Zynx

Lost limb healing

Zynx

It should be nice to do with something with the lost limbs effect. I Understand this is hardcore game, but this thing more frustrating than its necessary.

How it works now:

• Raid started.
  • After 2 minutes, first fight with another PMC: I won, but i lost one of my leg at his first shot.
  • Start to feed myself with painkillers, and search for exit.
  • Repeat.

How should it work (for better game experience but still remain hardcore):

• Player must be allowed to heal themself, and stay in the raid insted of force them to leave. If a medkit can be restore the lost limb should be nice. Like stop bloodloss for 30HP. But this could cost more HP. For example every lost limbs restoration cost 150HP / lost limb.  
  • Or use special item which can be restore lost limbs but it cost more time than the healing. (e.g.10-15 second use time, and during the process cannot be move or cancel the process - so it remain risky)

The point is to allow the players to continue the raid after loosing a limb if they have the right equipment or time to heal themself instead of forcing them to eat painkillers and run for exit.

• Sad 1

pumpedhero

Uhm.. Morphine? O>O? This is already in the game.. just not very common and pretty expensive im pretty sure.

FenrirInu

Morphine doesn't restore blacked out limbs, its same as the painkiller, only lasts longer.

The current healing system is busted as it is. There is no use for splint. Just pop some pills and run like hell without issue.

With high enough skills one blacked out arm will change nothing.

Edited by FenrirInu

LumberingTroll

Splints have a use, they make it so you can walk when you have a fracture, which I have only ever gotten from falling from a high place. 

Pers1Cus
On 12/31/2017 at 2:17 PM, Zynx said:

It should be nice to do with something with the lost limbs effect. I Understand this is hardcore game, but this thing more frustrating than its necessary.

How it works now:

• Raid started.
  • After 2 minutes, first fight with another PMC: I won, but i lost one of my leg at his first shot.
  • Start to feed myself with painkillers, and search for exit.
  • Repeat.

How should it work (for better game experience but still remain hardcore):

• Player must be allowed to heal themself, and stay in the raid insted of force them to leave. If a medkit can be restore the lost limb should be nice. Like stop bloodloss for 30HP. But this could cost more HP. For example every lost limbs restoration cost 150HP / lost limb.  
  • Or use special item which can be restore lost limbs but it cost more time than the healing. (e.g.10-15 second use time, and during the process cannot be move or cancel the process - so it remain risky)

The point is to allow the players to continue the raid after loosing a limb if they have the right equipment or time to heal themself instead of forcing them to eat painkillers and run for exit.

I concur, I'll add that instead of being able to recover the knocked out limb to its fullest again, its never back to be the same so if your hit in a arm you can't aim steady anymore, leg would still limb a little bit after healing for example. And the effect could be additive meaning if they hit you and disable the limb again its additive getting worse and worse. This is in case you can find the special kit to fix it.  

Gr8WhiteBuffalo
On 12/31/2017 at 11:07 PM, FenrirInu said:

Just pop some pills and run like hell without issue.

Unless you have a fresh wound... cuz you will start bleeding again. :bewhink:

Otherwise, yeah, I cant wait for the healing system revamp. I want it so that you cant even walk while healing. :uhappy:

egoon

just gone popin and say this needs to be changed. walking around for 30 min trying to reatch a exit then not get there in the end just bc you wherent fast  enough....