TarkovEscaper

M4A1

Bismarck_
20 minutes ago, dcm90 said:

Are we going to have a classic  M-16 A1/2 with hand carrier iron sights?  i really hate the m4 and all that useless tacticool garbage it represents .  im old school. Also whattabout the classic AR-10?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHE59gYWaxu8e73ar2jkP

judt look at that beauty without being corrupted with cheap chinese slave labor flash light attached on one side,  useless mid west us scope on the other and a freaking microwave too

I love weapons in the original state.
Game should have a skill for using weapons in that way.

Kiba_Stream
В 09.06.2016 в 11:19, DanSpurr сказал:

how final is the M4A1 i would be a terrible human if i didn't display my disapproval at the removable foresight/ railed gasblock on the "Famous M4" 

MK18 looks amazing though

There will be basic gasblock with frontsight. Its not Mk.18. M4CQBR with DD RIS II

I wish to play our game with Marsoc style M4CQBR))))

8 часов назад, dcm90 сказал:

Are we going to have a classic  M-16 A1/2 with hand carrier iron sights?  i really hate the m4 and all that useless tacticool garbage it represents .  im old school. Also whattabout the classic AR-10?

judt look at thatbeauty without being corrupted with cheap chinese slave labor flash light attached on one side,  useless mid west us scope on the other and a freaking microwave too

M16 yes. AR 10 not sure

Zoraxon
15 hours ago, dcm90 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHE59gYWaxu8e73ar2jkP

judt look at that beauty without being corrupted with cheap chinese slave labor flash light attached on one side,  useless mid west us scope on the other and a freaking microwave too

While I agree with you on the appreciation of a classic weapon, they are technically two different weapons. The M-4 is like the rebellious young offspring of the M-16, it was designed and is used in a time where plastic furniture is commonly used, so it grabbed some. As with the SKS, I appreciate the classic look, bit as with the AK family of weapons, I see that the plastic furniture has a use.

dcm90
3 hours ago, Zoraxon said:

While I agree with you on the appreciation of a classic weapon, they are technically two different weapons. The M-4 is like the rebellious young offspring of the M-16, it was designed and is used in a time where plastic furniture is commonly used, so it grabbed some. As with the SKS, I appreciate the classic look, bit as with the AK family of weapons, I see that the plastic furniture has a use.

The m4 is 6 inches short.  that's a difference in accuracy.  Technically the m16 with its 20 inch barrel kills a lot better. 

Zoraxon
8 hours ago, dcm90 said:

The m4 is 6 inches short.  that's a difference in accuracy.  Technically the m16 with its 20 inch barrel kills a lot better. 

And you're not wrong (Though you can get a longer barrel...), the m4 is generally a shorter, more compact weapon, and it fits the role of GP carbine pretty well, as that is its main role. There are assault rifle versions, with larger overall frames and designs, but it was originally made because the M-16 was a touch long.

I may be wrong, just putting that out there, please correct me if I am.

Starlight
On 6/16/2016 at 2:35 PM, dcm90 said:

That's a common mistake; barrel length has very little direct impact on accuracy. It has a much more significant impact on muzzle velocity, which can make it feel harder to get rounds on a moving target, or worst case scenario could potentially cause round destabilization based if the rate of twist and muzzle velocity combined aren't correct for the bullet length/weight. US snipers frequently made first-round hits at 700m and change with M4s equipped with ACOGs and 77-grain Mk262s (source: Trigger Men).

dcm90
On 6/19/2016 at 6:51 PM, Starlight said:

That's a common mistake; barrel length has very little direct impact on accuracy. It has a much more significant impact on muzzle velocity, which can make it feel harder to get rounds on a moving target, or worst case scenario could potentially cause round destabilization based if the rate of twist and muzzle velocity combined aren't correct for the bullet length/weight. US snipers frequently made first-round hits at 700m and change with M4s equipped with ACOGs and 77-grain Mk262s (source: Trigger Men).

the m4 is not effective passing 300 meters and the m16 range effectiveness is 600 meters.  there's a reason why marines don't want to switch to the m4... 

Europoor
44 minutes ago, dcm90 said:

the m4 is not effective passing 300 meters and the m16 range effectiveness is 600 meters.  there's a reason why marines don't want to switch to the m4... 

http://www.diffen.com/difference/M16_Rifle_vs_M4_Carbine nope. And please don't make me run a ballistic calculation, those are sooo boring. :D 

Edited by Europoor

Europoor
7 hours ago, dcm90 said:

i stopped reading when they said the m16 is more accurate than the m14.... 

Note: yes, that's a biiig mistake right there :D in here , they wanted to interpret accuracy as controllability. But my point still stands.

Starlight
13 hours ago, Europoor said:

http://www.diffen.com/difference/M16_Rifle_vs_M4_Carbine nope. And please don't make me run a ballistic calculation, those are sooo boring. :D 

That page is terrible. And also largely incorrect. They quote barrel lengths instead of overall length, lots of unsubstantiated claims about accuracy, and they even claim the M4 is a short-stroke piston instead of direct impingement......

Europoor
28 minutes ago, Starlight said:

That page is terrible. And also largely incorrect. They quote barrel lengths instead of overall length, lots of unsubstantiated claims about accuracy, and they even claim the M4 is a short-stroke piston instead of direct impingement......

Now I feel dumb only because of my lazyness. It was TL:DR time in the evening. Reading it in its whole in the morning brings the shitty perspective. Sorry mates, don't open that side. 

DanSpurr
On 6/16/2016 at 11:05 AM, Kiba_Stream said:

I wish to play our game with Marsoc style M4CQBR))))

Can you make the 12" Daniel Defense RIS II with the amount of customisation i could build a truly go anywhere marksman M4

CatoFlaro

Wondering if the maintenance of mags will be a thing, depending on where you go and what your doing. If it'll cause your weapon to malfunction more often. Just a thought~

Minotaurus

So i play with the Ak or this one. But witch one its the better from Handling?

Roscoe
On 2016-07-10 at 7:54 PM, Minotaurus said:

So i play with the Ak or this one. But witch one its the better from Handling?

Both guns are really good, but I would probably say the M4A1. The M4A1 is beautiful and very powerful.

Octosnake
1 hour ago, Roscoe said:

Both guns are really good, but I would probably say the M4A1. The M4A1 is beautiful and very powerful.

Powerful is a very relative term. The thing about the 5.56x45 and by association the 5.45x39 is that they are light weight high velocity rounds. This means they get their lethality not from the weight of impact but the shock to the bodies internal organs as it passes through at silly high speeds. That being said, the greater distance the round goes the more energy it bleeds and the less effective it becomes. Let the 5.56 go long enough it'll be like shooting someone with a .22 LR.

EDIT: Grammar and forgot quote. Kek.

Edited by Octosnake

Roscoe
20 hours ago, Octosnake said:

Powerful is a very relative term. The thing about the 5.56x45 and by association the 5.45x39 is that they are light weight high velocity rounds. This means they get their lethality not from the weight of impact but the shock to the bodies internal organs as it passes through at silly high speeds. That being said, the greater distance the round goes the more energy it bleeds and the less effective it becomes. Let the 5.56 go long enough it'll be like shooting someone with a .22 LR.

EDIT: Grammar and forgot quote. Kek.

I agree with you, but the M4A1 isn't made for long range. The gun is probably useless for long range - shooting. When are the shoots powerful? When you're using them under close - medium combat. That's when the beast shows himself.

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by Roscoe

Token
On 6/22/2016 at 2:04 PM, dcm90 said:

Funny...Ive shot expert with both on the rifle range....nailed black at 500 meters on the m4 easier than the M16...

how-u-been

Really want them to put the M16A1 now, with the triangular handguard. Would be pretty neat.

On 7/18/2016 at 6:18 PM, Roscoe said:

5.56 isn't powerful lmao. Neither is 5.45. They're both very reliable firearms that can shoot up to where you can't see properly without optics.

how-u-been
On 6/16/2016 at 11:32 AM, Zoraxon said:

Isn't that the original AR-10 anyway?

flamelauncher11

Magpul furniture and Daniel Defense rail systems, here I come.

loudeli208

Will we be able to have longer Daniel defense rail systems so we can make something like the sopmod block 2:

image.png

Kiba_Stream
В 28.07.2016 в 07:36, loudeli208 сказал:

Will we be able to have longer Daniel defense rail systems so we can make something like the sopmod block 2:

Yep

• Upvote 1