TarkovEscaper

M4A1

pwncakes1337
On 9/22/2016 at 0:20 PM, christoffer5700 said:

I love the M4 but carried a M16 type rifle while i served i just hope we see a little more western weapons a part from the few we've seen so far

I agree on that 100%, man! Don't get me wrong, I know this is made by a Russian development team so I understand with seeing all the AK's and RPK's etc, but I DO agree that we need some more Western firearms like the M4A1, maybe an M60 or M249, or the FN SCAR L (5.56x45mm) AND the SCAR H (7.62x51mm) but if we got just one of those SCAR models I'd be STOKED about that. I'm a big fan of the SCAR as well. I'm VERY happy that the M4 got added. As I said above it's probably my favorite assault rifle. The SCAR L (The only SCAR I've ever fired) would be a GREAT tactical weapon to bring into Tarkov. May not have that PUNCH of the 7.62 round, but will still get the job done! haha. Those are just a couple off the top of my head I'd like to see. Seeing some LMG's would be tight!

• Upvote 1

Trixie_I

Pretty sure this was already asked and suggested, but can the option to unfold/draw out the stock be implemented into the game? as someone who served and used an M16, not being able to unfold the stock and being forced to use it while its closed in is weird for me because we always had to have the stock pulled back to the end.

Deadgun
On 9/30/2016 at 6:48 AM, Trixie_I said:

Pretty sure this was already asked and suggested, but can the option to unfold/draw out the stock be implemented into the game? as someone who served and used an M16, not being able to unfold the stock and being forced to use it while its closed in is weird for me because we always had to have the stock pulled back to the end.

I don't ever recall being forced to pull the stock all the way out. I always fired my M4 maybe one or two pegs from the closed position. Who ever told you guys to that didn't know what they were doing and were probably one of those good idea fairies that thought "Work harder not Smarter!". But yea collapsible stock settings would be a neat feature.

Trixie_I
1 hour ago, Deadgun said:

I don't ever recall being forced to pull the stock all the way out. I always fired my M4 maybe one or two pegs from the closed position. Who ever told you guys to that didn't know what they were doing and were probably one of those good idea fairies that thought "Work harder not Smarter!". But yea collapsible stock settings would be a neat feature.

I don't know what country you served in or in which unit, but as an Israeli I served in the IDF for 3 years, here not having the stock pulled back is considered "Not combat ready" during training we weren't allowed to pull the stock back in, the only times I ever did that was when I was in a bus going home, so the rifle wouldn't take too much space and I wouldn't accidentally smack a civilian with it while getting in/out.

Deadgun

USMC here and I was issued an M4 several times and every time I had one, no one ever told me where to put my stock. It's all about what's ergonomic to you and also which position compliments the position of your RCO to make sure you don't have sight shadow looking down the sight. 

BrandonS101
8 hours ago, Deadgun said:

USMC here and I was issued an M4 several times and every time I had one, no one ever told me where to put my stock. It's all about what's ergonomic to you and also which position compliments the position of your RCO to make sure you don't have sight shadow looking down the sight. 

that's nice i thought it had a set location

Lima43
On 30.8.2016 at 1:36 PM, ShiroTenshi said:

Awesome gun. Been enjoying it a whole lot, but i do have 2 requests/suggestions.

Will we be seeing Keymod Handguards and Rails?

Reveal hidden contents

Hot-NSR-Handguards-7-9-10-font-b-12-b-fo

Reveal hidden contents

HG-3SLIM12km-2.jpg?1456517758

These could be 2 separate items, where you have the handguard itself, than have to find the rail panels.

While i love the 9" handguard shown on the second picture of the original post, i am a sucker for a sleek looking M4.

And what about UBR Stocks?

Mag330%20UBR%20Stock%20FDE-6.jpg?1456827

Again, can be divided into 2 pieces for added difficulty in assembling one.

ubr_small.jpg

These buttsocks are just awesome. I have one on my AEG attached from MAGPUL PTS, and it is made from an incredibly tough plastic and stable as f*. I'm pretty sure this buttstock for the real guns must be high-end.

Here are some products of magpul. They have very interesting stuff for firearms in different calibers.

Edited by Lima43

LePatrick

Amazing ! 

Khaosmatic

iz amerikee clessic, shoot meny bares!

As long as I can get a bog standard M4A1 with a carryhandle and then throw on a longer barrel and handguard and turn it into an M16A4 then it's all good.

M4 is puny and short, M16 is real gun.

Drake38
2 hours ago, Khaosmatic said:

iz amerikee clessic, shoot meny bares!

As long as I can get a bog standard M4A1 with a carryhandle and then throw on a longer barrel and handguard and turn it into an M16A4 then it's all good.

M4 is puny and short, M16 is real gun.

M16A4 only shoot bursts. It's pure crap. M16A3 is a real deal.

Khaosmatic
1 hour ago, Drake38 said:

M16A4 only shoot bursts. It's pure crap. M16A3 is a real deal.

You're right, what was I thinking!

Burst is for squares!

BrandonS101
On 8/30/2016 at 7:36 AM, ShiroTenshi said:

Mag330%20UBR%20Stock%20FDE-6.jpg?1456827

sexy butt :)

Okijoker

I love this Iron Sights. The M4 will probably be one of my favorite weapons

thicktoast

Everyone knows the new cool thing is skeletonized w/ key mod forends... in blue.

29bf9d01b34ec82cf558221b5be23c90.jpg

• Upvote 1

kafolarbear

Will it be possible to swap out not only barrel length, but width as well, for example changing the caliber of the M4 from 5.56 to 7.62 for example? 

• Upvote 1

LIMIT_bro
14 minutes ago, kafolarbear said:

Will it be possible to swap out not only barrel length, but width as well, for example changing the caliber of the M4 from 5.56 to 7.62 for example? 

I wouldn't imagine so, as you really can't do that in real life unless you have some crazy third party full conversion kit. I believe they are going to stick with the calibers set by the manufacturing companies(Colt, Kalishnokov, SIG)to stay true to the firearm in a realistic fashion. The weapons we want and see in the game come as is from the factory, then they add third party modifications into the mix for personalization.

• Upvote 1

kafolarbear
34 minutes ago, LIMIT_bro said:

I wouldn't imagine so, as you really can't do that in real life unless you have some crazy third party full conversion kit. I believe they are going to stick with the calibers set by the manufacturing companies(Colt, Kalishnokov, SIG)to stay true to the firearm in a realistic fashion. The weapons we want and see in the game come as is from the factory, then they add third party modifications into the mix for personalization.

In that case they had better introduce ar15 inspired weapons with different calibers .308 and .338 semi auto rifles come to mind. (I.e. Noreen Bad news rifle chambered in a .338 lapua magnum round with a 10 round clip)

Edited by kafolarbear
  • Upvote 1

LIMIT_bro
1 minute ago, kafolarbear said:

In that case they had better introduce ar15 inspired weapons with different calibers .308 and .338 semi auto rifles come to mind. (I.e. Noreen Bad news rifle chambered in a .338 round with a 10 round clip)

I would prefer to see military variants as opposed to civilian adaptations. Things like Mk. 18 CQB, SR-25, The .300 Blackout version, and maybe even M-16. But I'm SOOOO ready for H&K 416

• Upvote 1

kafolarbear
1 minute ago, LIMIT_bro said:

I would prefer to see military variants as opposed to civilian adaptations. Things like Mk. 18 CQB, SR-25, The .300 Blackout version, and maybe even M-16. But I'm SOOOO ready for H&K 416

I think it would be cool to see scavs using civilian rifles/civilian adaptations of rifles with the occasional military grade weapon thrown into the mix.

Dimitri468

The world's most useful weapon. I am using the TR16 Ranger as an I am very pleased as Airsoft player and a great rifle.

XaeroSignal

Any chance of us getting a Mk18 variant?

May I also say that Command Arms accessories are far superior to magpul in aesthetics and ergonomics (except I am a fan of MagPul's short vertical foregrip.)

cmmd378.gif

Edited by XaeroSignal

Kiba_Stream
В 14.12.2016 в 06:56, XaeroSignal сказал:

Any chance of us getting a Mk18 variant?

May I also say that Command Arms accessories are far superior to magpul in aesthetics and ergonomics (except I am a fan of MagPul's short vertical foregrip.)

Mk 18 real one? Or airsofter dream Mk18 DD RIS II SOPMOD Block II Navy Seals?xD

I personaly would like to see Mk 18 in game. BUT! There is no background for its appearance in the Norvinsk region. Maybe someday.:bemaybe: Until then, we will play with CQBR.

MK18_02.jpg

• Upvote 1

EnvakeoLugaria

Thats F1 Firearms!  I hung out with some of the owners at a 3 gun match, top notch stuff, the whole idea is that any small rocks that would get in just fall out, that, and make it look cool, mostly the cool factor though!

But no dude, the new thing is M-Lok by magpul! (keymod is still fine though)