TarkovEscaper

M4A1

dcm90

omg i just find  really ugly these modern M4/ short barrel carbines variants.

Are we gonna see something like my AR-15? a real 18/20 inch heavy barrel rifle with a classic cold war buttstock ? vyla41.jpg

pd im trying to get rid of the rails because that's for casuals im getting a vietnam retro furniture.

Edited by dcm90

Kiba_Stream
3 часа назад, dcm90 сказал:

omg i just find  really ugly these modern M4/ short barrel carbines variants.

Are we gonna see something like my AR-15? a real 18/20 inch heavy barrel rifle with a classic cold war buttstock ? 

pd im trying to get rid of the rails because that's for casuals im getting a vietnam retro furniture.

As i said before there is no background for appearance of "exotic" weapons in the Norvinsk region. This weapon is normal for the US or Canada. Even if we assume that the individual USEC operator have it as a personal weapon, it will be an exception, not rule. You can try to assemble something similar in game on the basic lower receiver from M4 or similar system. There will be more components in game such as uppers, hanguards, barrels, grips. (Classic front sight, carry handle and handguard too)

AR is like Barbie for Mens rememberxD Not me, to tell you that

• Upvote 2

Kiba_Stream
19 минут назад, RainingWeeD сказал:

canadien army is c8a2 its better than m4a1 :)@Kiba_Stream

<3

I am not about that. I mean M4 and AR family more popular in USA and Canada than AK or other systems

RainingWeeD
32 minutes ago, Kiba_Stream said:

I am not about that. I mean M4 and AR family more popular in USA and Canada than AK or other systems

yeah that true  can we get a small chance to get a c8a2 in game mayyyyybeeeee  :D

moonbeast
21 hours ago, Kiba_Stream said:

As i said before there is no background for appearance of "exotic" weapons in the Norvinsk region. This weapon is normal for the US or Canada. Even if we assume that the individual USEC operator have it as a personal weapon, it will be an exception, not rule. You can try to assemble something similar in game on the basic lower receiver from M4 or similar system. There will be more components in game such as uppers, hanguards, barrels, grips. (Classic front sight, carry handle and handguard too)

does this mean we will just have standard weapons in game. So no cool guns like AA-12 :(

Drake38
4 minutes ago, molchanoviv said:

They definitely wont add AA-12. Its imposible to find it in Russia. 

So how are they going to reach 200 firearms in the game?

• Upvote 1

Drake38
47 minutes ago, molchanoviv said:

Well. It's easy. There is a lot of weapons popular in Russia which could be added to the game.

• AKM with 7.62x39 rounds
  • Stechkin automatic pistol
  • Degtyaryov machine pistol
  • Mosin rifle
  • PCA 41
  • Dragunov sniper rifle
  • AN-94
  • AEK-971 rifle
  • AEK-906 revolver

There is more Russian weapons, but i don't remember all of them.

Now lets speak about western weapons. In most cases they are very old. The following list could be easily found in Russia so added to the game:

• Thompson submachine gun (was supplied by lend-lease)
  • Colt M1911(was supplied by lend-lease)
  • Nagant M1895 Revolver (was produced in SU by license)
  • Mauser C96 (it's kinda old but there still a lot of them in storages)
  • Luger P08 (trophy after WW2)
  • StG 44 (trophy after WW2)
  • Glock 35 (produced in Russia by license)

That's not even close to 100. And I'm pretty sure they're going to add AA-12.

Drake38
56 minutes ago, molchanoviv said:

As @Kiba_Stream said there is no background for it. It's just unrealistic. Maybe they'll add few more "exotic" weapons and explain it as USEC operators took it with them, and that's it. 

Oh yeah? But adding Chiappa Rhino needs no background. It's just stupid.

dcm90
On 12/16/2016 at 0:57 AM, Kiba_Stream said:

The A1/A2 plataforms are by no means "exotic". Even the russian Army has an arsenal of A1 .

moonbeast

I rather have the guns not fit with the story, then just have some boring bland guns. 

• Upvote 1

dcm90
Just now, moonbeast said:

I rather have the guns not fit with the story, then just have some boring bland guns. 

What do you mean with "boring bland guns"  you want an AR for casual shooting range people that put their microwave, dishwasher and some useless laser on their rails to look "tacticool"?  I will never trade my A2 iron sights for some red dot/ACOG made for lazy lower standard people that don't have the discipline to actually learn how to acquire a target properly. 

• Upvote 1

moonbeast
1 hour ago, dcm90 said:

What do you mean with "boring bland guns"  you want an AR for casual shooting range people that put their microwave, dishwasher and some useless laser on their rails to look "tacticool"?  I will never trade my A2 iron sights for some red dot/ACOG made for lazy lower standard people that don't have the discipline to actually learn how to acquire a target properly. 

What I mean by bland, is like 20 or so AK  variance that just have slight differences. Same with the m4.

Edited by moonbeast

Kiba_Stream
18 часов назад, Drake38 сказал:

So how are they going to reach 200 firearms in the game?

Easily :bewhink:

15 часов назад, Drake38 сказал:

Oh yeah? But adding Chiappa Rhino needs no background. It's just stupid.

It will

• Upvote 1

Price_Of_Valor
7 hours ago, dcm90 said:

Or maybe..... just maybe, magnification presents a tactical advantage in combat.  But who would want that when your life is on the line? 

zignoff
10 часов назад, Kiba_Stream сказал:

Easily :bewhink:

А есть ли уже утвержденный список? хотя бы часть его могли бы показать?

It has already approved list? you could show what part of it?

(Google translate)

Edited by zignoff

dcm90
On 12/17/2016 at 9:17 PM, Dutchman said:

Or maybe..... just maybe, magnification presents a tactical advantage in combat.  But who would want that when your life is on the line? 

You should be able to hit a target with iron sights at 600m.  If i want to use a magnifying scope it won't be with assault intermediate calibers like the 5.56. 

lukeman10

I'm unsure of whether the environment is going to supply the players with lakes or any bodies of water to swim through, but I think it would be cool if only certain weapon systems would be able to work (or work as well) after being submerged in water. The prime example is that M4's cannot be fired after being dunked under water while HK416's work perfectly fine.

If any bodies of water do end up into the game, it would be cool if we could see such a mechanic being integrated. 

• Upvote 1

kqo
On 1/18/2016 at 4:43 PM, Ayaku said:

Nope, But I'm pretty sure I would like a M4 more than a M16

I've shot an M4, an M16, an AK. You name it. You probably don't know as much about guns as me. But, I gotta admit, of course the M4 looks better, because it's newer than an M16, but the M16 can shoot further. They are both good guns, anyways. But, go shoot an M4 and an M16, then talk bad about the M16.

MrLipsky

Not sure if someone pointed this out already, but I will be personally pleased to get few guns with a lot attachments matched perfectly than all kind of guns possible with bugs and misrepresentations.

To be serious, what could be the difference in gameplay between guns operating the same caliber when you can change barrels, stocks, sights, etc?

On 12/26/2016 at 11:14 AM, lukeman10 said:

The prime example is that M4's cannot be fired after being dunked under water while HK416's work perfectly fine.

On the other hand, as lukeman10 suggested, implementing such features like some weapons jamming in certain conditions (like wading in water, rain, crawling in fine sand(?)) will be great!

SAVAG3FAM

My favorite gun when it comes to how it looks.

kgino1045

can you guys fram this gun in alpha? seems like it's impossible.

Edited by kgino1045

Deadgun
On 1/2/2017 at 3:43 AM, jacobtj said:

I've shot an M4, an M16, an AK. You name it. You probably don't know as much about guns as me. But, I gotta admit, of course the M4 looks better, because it's newer than an M16, but the M16 can shoot further. They are both good guns, anyways. But, go shoot an M4 and an M16, then talk bad about the M16.

M16 is trash. Weighs way to much for the caliber and the accuracy argument is minimal if at all. I've shot both and being a shorter guy, I was more accurate at 500 meters with a Trijicon ACOG (on both) with the M4. Nothing about the M16 is conducive to modern combat because in that frame with the barrel length and fixed stock, I'm better off going with m110 or any 7.62 variant of the M16.

PeePole

Nice, i hope more western style weapons will be added in the future