TarkovEscaper

M4A1

Kiba_Stream
В 02.01.2017 в 23:02, MrLipsky сказал:

To be serious, what could be the difference in gameplay between guns operating the same caliber when you can change barrels, stocks, sights, etc?

In games with banana stickers and lava camo on weapons there is no difference. In Escape From Tarkov there is difference like in IRL.

• Upvote 6

Borscht
5 hours ago, Kiba_Stream said:

In games with banana stickers and lava camo on weapons there is no difference. In Escape From Tarkov there is difference like in IRL.

Drop the mic.

I really hope you guys introduce a variety of barrels for the M4, from regular, to shortened and up to the good old stubby one.

Necrolyde

I have a question about this Rifle, Ive played Tarkov Couple times, Everytime i find a piece of the M4 on the ground i try to pick it up but it says i have no space to put in my bag, even when its empty... So i was wondering how does everyone have an m4 but i cant pick it up from the ground?

hangoverhomey
6 hours ago, Necrolyde said:

I have a question about this Rifle, Ive played Tarkov Couple times, Everytime i find a piece of the M4 on the ground i try to pick it up but it says i have no space to put in my bag, even when its empty... So i was wondering how does everyone have an m4 but i cant pick it up from the ground?

hmm I have not had this issue, you should submit this bug to the devs.

SappaZ
On 12/26/2016 at 4:14 AM, lukeman10 said:

I'm unsure of whether the environment is going to supply the players with lakes or any bodies of water to swim through, but I think it would be cool if only certain weapon systems would be able to work (or work as well) after being submerged in water. The prime example is that M4's cannot be fired after being dunked under water while HK416's work perfectly fine.

If any bodies of water do end up into the game, it would be cool if we could see such a mechanic being integrated. 

I like this idea. I'm not sure if the m4 is the same but I know the Canadian standard issue rifle, which is the same platform, can be fired underwater if completely submerged but after surfacing you need to clear the water from the barrel before firing. 

PTSF_Jaeger

I'm assuming you're referring to the C7/C8 family of rifles. They are basically licensed copies of the M16/M4, and very much use the same DI gas-operated system. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, both the M4 and C8 can fire underwater, though no manufacturer would ever suggest it. Furthermore, both should be completely drained before firing above water, while the H&K 416 is piston operated, and therefore runs a much smaller risk of dangerous overpressure in the gas system.

Jagdwyre
On 1/9/2017 at 7:41 AM, Deadgun said:

M16 is trash. Weighs way to much for the caliber and the accuracy argument is minimal if at all. I've shot both and being a shorter guy, I was more accurate at 500 meters with a Trijicon ACOG (on both) with the M4. Nothing about the M16 is conducive to modern combat because in that frame with the barrel length and fixed stock, I'm better off going with m110 or any 7.62 variant of the M16.

This sounds completely absurd. Either the "M16" you fired had something wrong with it or you're not very consistent in your long range shooting and just lucked out with the "M4." I also put both of them in quotations because the biggest difference between either of them is just the length of the gas tube and barrel. We have no way of knowing if, for instance, this M16 you shot just had a mediocre milspec trigger in it while this M4 you shot had a better aftermarket trigger. We also have no way of knowing if both those rifles were actually properly zeroed to those acogs, or what ammo you were even shooting.

Because of that longer gas tube and longer barrel an M16 both does better at range, beats itself up less, and has a softer recoil impulse(yeah, I know, 5.56 is such a beast when it comes to recoil, but still) than the M4. Literally the only things the M4 has on the M16 is that it's slightly lighter and easier to use in when room clearing. That light weight starts getting negated when you start putting lasers, optics, lights, etc on the weapon. A 6 pound gun pretty quickly ends up an 8 or 9 pound one.

And if you think a loaded rifle around 7.5 pounds without a bunch of attachments on it is "way too heavy" for a 5.56x45 rifle maybe you should look at almost any other NATO service rifle. Spoilers: they're generally heavier than the M16.

Linkage
10 hours ago, Jagdwyre said:

Literally the only things the M4 has on the M16 is that it's slightly lighter and easier to use in when room clearing. That light weight starts getting negated when you start putting lasers, optics, lights, etc on the weapon. A 6 pound gun pretty quickly ends up an 8 or 9 pound one.

And if you think a loaded rifle around 7.5 pounds without a bunch of attachments on it is "way too heavy" for a 5.56x45 rifle maybe you should look at almost any other NATO service rifle. Spoilers: they're generally heavier than the M16.

But... if the M16 is heavier to start with and then you throw those same attachments on it, then is it not even heavier still?

Also, point me to all the frontline SF units that are rolling M16s these days. I'll wait.

Auvlen

From a development standpoint it seems battlestates work is really cut out for them with attachments alone and the variations of materials verying weapon weights in an individual gun and the range and behavior of rifling twists and a lot of other real world physics is a ton of math to do when the GUI and networking is still buggy... Id be happy enough at this point if we just get more iron sight attachments and more veried animations for jams like double feeds with the case hanging over the dust cover causing you to have to pull the charging handle and roll the gun right so it drops out. Also amunition variety actualy responding differently with injury when ur arm or leg gets hit with an armor percing 556 that pinholes causing less screen impact and less bleeding so you dont realise u got hit until you check or your screen starts hazing like irl

Keyframing animations and 3d moddeling and rigging take far less time than creating 1000s of xml scripts of behaviors and attaching them to gun parts individualy and programming with a flow chart to assure the millions of parts combinations... Trust me iv taken on bears like that in cryengine with only headaches to show and empty pockets.

Edited by Auvlen
Does speling

Jagdwyre
10 hours ago, Linkage said:

But... if the M16 is heavier to start with and then you throw those same attachments on it, then is it not even heavier still?

Also, point me to all the frontline SF units that are rolling M16s these days. I'll wait.

Of course it is, but the point is you don't get to whine that your gun is too heavy at that point. And why exactly do I have to specifically point you to special forces using M16s? They use whatever the hell they want, including enemy weaponry from time to time. But if one wants a DMR style weapon that shares ammo with the rest of his squad's M4's he's likely going to be sporting an M16 variant with an ACOG and possibly a bipod(some people like them some people don't).

I mean I guess the Germans are still doing it wrong as well since they decided to give the base G36 a 20 inch barrel. The Swiss also did the same thing with the SG550. You know those Swiss and Germans, terrible gun makers am I right? It's almost as if they realized 5.56 likes having velocity to do it's job.

Hell, even the damn HK416, the famed "AR made better" rifle, is offered in a 20 inch barrel version.

Edited by Jagdwyre

Linkage
15 hours ago, Jagdwyre said:

Of course it is, but the point is you don't get to whine that your gun is too heavy at that point. And why exactly do I have to specifically point you to special forces using M16s? They use whatever the hell they want, including enemy weaponry from time to time. But if one wants a DMR style weapon that shares ammo with the rest of his squad's M4's he's likely going to be sporting an M16 variant with an ACOG and possibly a bipod(some people like them some people don't).

I mean I guess the Germans are still doing it wrong as well since they decided to give the base G36 a 20 inch barrel. The Swiss also did the same thing with the SG550. You know those Swiss and Germans, terrible gun makers am I right? It's almost as if they realized 5.56 likes having velocity to do it's job.

Hell, even the damn HK416, the famed "AR made better" rifle, is offered in a 20 inch barrel version.

German SF use G36C rifles with shorty barrels mate. You summed up my point about SF without realizing it I think. If SF get to choose whatever the hell they want and M16s are so superior due to their barrel length, why aren't we seeing SEALS, SAS cats or Green Berets rolling M16s?

Yet the only people who use them are people with absolutely no choice. Think about it. SF types are the BEST at what they do. They know what tools are the best and what works and what doesn't. Why aren't they all rolling 20 inch barrels on all their ARs?

And don't give me that DMR bs, if your marksman is rolling a 5.56 there's been some serious budget cuts. M110 or bust. The muzzle velocity difference between an M4 and M16 is less than 100m/s. Do you really think that equates to any noticeable difference to the average end user ie Grunt.

Edited by Linkage

mad_max91
On 1/12/2017 at 9:03 PM, Necrolyde said:

Takes a 5x2 space, so if you have tri-zip it will take the whole x axis and 2 blocks on the y axis, i dont know if they have a mechanism to rotate it when you pick it up if your x axis does not have 5 spaces but your y axis does.

sf135

Will we have access to the M855A1 round? I've done my reading on it and I'm fairly impressed with it's reputed performance;

1. 95% accuracy on a 8x8 inch target at 600 meters/sub 2 MOA (inch spread b/w rounds) at 100 meters (albeit with Marksman barrels)

2. Not yaw dependent allowing for consistent wounding effects unlike M855

3. Light barrier blind and can penetrate 1/4 inch steel plate at 350~ meters out of the M4

I'd also love to see the AK platform's equivalent SpecOps/next-gen performance round. The thought of having the AK74 and M4 be the high performance mavericks of this game sounds really awesome. These weapons complete with Special Operations tier barrels and ammo should represent the peak of weapon performance in EFT with good damage, penetration, reliability and outstanding accuracy and should be the ultimate prize for anyone looking at utilizing either of these platforms. I hope you'll give this consideration if it's not already implemented. Thanks for reading!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/10/17/twc-tests-m855a1-yes-its-the-real-deal/

http://gruntsandco.com/army-green-round-rest-story/

Edited by sf135
  • Upvote 1

Jagdwyre
On 1/16/2017 at 4:09 AM, Linkage said:

German SF use G36C rifles with shorty barrels mate. You summed up my point about SF without realizing it I think. If SF get to choose whatever the hell they want and M16s are so superior due to their barrel length, why aren't we seeing SEALS, SAS cats or Green Berets rolling M16s?

Yet the only people who use them are people with absolutely no choice. Think about it. SF types are the BEST at what they do. They know what tools are the best and what works and what doesn't. Why aren't they all rolling 20 inch barrels on all their ARs?

And don't give me that DMR bs, if your marksman is rolling a 5.56 there's been some serious budget cuts. M110 or bust. The muzzle velocity difference between an M4 and M16 is less than 100m/s. Do you really think that equates to any noticeable difference to the average end user ie Grunt.

Here's your problem, you think any given Special Forces unit only use one type of select fire rifle. When I said "use whatever the hell they want" I was saying that stuff changes based on mission needs. Not every single SEAL is going to be using an M4 all day every day, no member of the German KSK is going to be running around with a G36C 100% of the time(pretty sure they probably roll with G36K's, not the video game love child that is the G36C), and even the SAS has been recently known to use AK47s from time to time(I know for a fact many American special forces have as well).

And you apparently have no idea how valuable it is to have ammo interchangeability with your squad as much as possible. If anything that's even more of an issue if you're getting dropped in deep where logistical support is limited.

A longer barrel doesn't just slightly increase muzzle velocity(which you have obviously scoffed at) but allows the bullet to engage the rifling in the barrel for longer and increase it's stability in flight.

Sorry but a longer gas tube and a longer barrel objectively make the gun itself perform better, but if you're sitting in a vehicle for long periods of time or have to kick some doors down you want something handier, that's why the M4 exists. And now the M855A1 5.56 round exists because M855(standard NATO ammo) is garbage out of a 14.5 inch barrel. Well, M855 isn't that great to begin with but that shorter barrel didn't help.

But whatever, I'm sure whatever each nation's Special Forces are using listed on Wikipedia is all you seem to care about.

Need I remind you that only reason I started "defending" the M16 is because someone literally said the M16 was trash but thought the M4 was great. That makes virtually no sense if you actually understand the design of those guns, they're almost the exact same weapon. One is simply 6 inches longer.

It's not like I think the M16 is God's gift to guns, but you're foolish if you think it's not a relevant design with it's own set of advantages.

Edited by Jagdwyre

Elite-MOA

Both the AK and AR have their place. The AK is a beast that can be fires with minimal  failure if not properly taken care of. for instance if its never cleaned your able to take motor oil off a dipstick, lube it up a little when it fails and keep on firing. The AR is the more versatile weapon. No other weapon can you change out the 5.56 upper  and replace it with a  300 blackout, 6.5 grendle, 50cal beowolf, .458 SOCOM, etc and use the same lower for each with the corresponding mag for that caliber. Which I wonder if they will have multiple calibers in this game for the ar15? I hope they also have the ar10 in .308, .338, .50

Callsign
On 2/6/2017 at 5:30 AM, Elite-MOA said:

Both the AK and AR have their place. The AK is a beast that can be fires with minimal  failure if not properly taken care of. for instance if its never cleaned your able to take motor oil off a dipstick, lube it up a little when it fails and keep on firing. The AR is the more versatile weapon. No other weapon can you change out the 5.56 upper  and replace it with a  300 blackout, 6.5 grendle, 50cal beowolf, .458 SOCOM, etc and use the same lower for each with the corresponding mag for that caliber. Which I wonder if they will have multiple calibers in this game for the ar15? I hope they also have the ar10 in .308, .338, .50

I would love the option for multiple uppers.

• Upvote 1

Huh864
On 1/18/2016 at 5:30 PM, Ayaku said:

M16 are so bad, I don't understand why people like them, I think they're ugly.
Compared to the M4A1 which looks gorgeous in my opinion :P 

You must be looking at the top 1, cause the M16A4 (bottom) is awesome.

M16A4 comparison.jpg

proxxy04

ok so just wondering is there even a chance to get any different length barrels? or is that not a thing yet or just like SUPER RARE??

leviticus7

This actually looks pretty well done.

AngrySpartan

I hope some other variants of the m4 will be available in the future.

o0Cosmo0o

Is M4A1 fully automatic or only single shot/burst? (noob question)

WarpedSoul

so i've had a few silencers for my m4's and i cant seem to figure out how to put them on, do they fit on the stock m4 barrel. the silencers are NT-4 FDE. im not sure if i need a new barrel or what. please help me 

keninger

Customizing the M4A1 and testing its shooting abilities. Most people might not be able to afford it, so I made this video to show them, whether it is worth it to spend their hard earned money on this weapon or not.