Kelsosp

Invisible players?

Recommended Posts

Has anyone else ran into "invisible players"? I have been killed multiple times by people I cannot see, or hear. I know this is an issue because when I have been grouped up, specifically on shoreline, My buddy may be able to see me whereas I cannot see him, and vice versa.

I believe this is due to some sort of server issues, and hopefully will be resolved soon, because dying from thin air kind of hurts my ego, lol.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue, or found a fix for that matter.

 

Edited by Kelsosp
Spelling Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has happened to me several times now can't see my friend in game or any scavs that shoot me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hide, alt f4
turn game back on
should be fixed.

alternatively you could wait it out, and someone will desync so badly they get kicked out the game.

and in rainbows and unicorns land,  everything will fix itself after a short while. and you'll see ppls again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's just serious desync, your body is stuck somewhere on the map so you're basically a ghost with your body stuck somewhere between the distance you travelled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sirjonnyboy said:

hide, alt f4
turn game back on
should be fixed.

alternatively you could wait it out, and someone will desync so badly they get kicked out the game.

and in rainbows and unicorns land,  everything will fix itself after a short while. and you'll see ppls again

I have alt-f4'd and the issue still persists. It's frustrating because I am still killable by people that are not affected. Hopefully its fixed soon. Thanks for the reply!

18 hours ago, Chamil said:

it's just serious desync, your body is stuck somewhere on the map so you're basically a ghost with your body stuck somewhere between the distance you travelled. 

A ghost that can still be shot, lol. I have been killed multiple times while "ghost mode", and it frustrates me to no extent. I really hope the open beta doesn't evolve these issues further. Hopefully this will be fixed ASAP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been seeing this issue a lot lately, lost like 3 sets of tank armor w/ fully decked out rifles, kinda pissed and wanna kill myself... Any mods or admins of this forum that can let me know if i can get a refund for this piece of poo game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Bubz said:

Has happened to me several times now can't see my friend in game or any scavs that shoot me.

Selfishly glad I'm not the only one experiencing this major server flaw. Does it happen to you on all maps, or is it specific to shoreline? It only occurs on shoreline in my case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JmKovacich said:

I've been seeing this issue a lot lately, lost like 3 sets of tank armor w/ fully decked out rifles, kinda pissed and wanna kill myself... Any mods or admins of this forum that can let me know if i can get a refund for this piece of poo game?

Understand that the server stressing is induced by devs, and occurring in preparation for open beta, arguably the game/servers are far from ready, but that's besides my point. Before this patch, and the server's floodgates being opened, I had very few issues, and once they upgrade or fix any issues with their servers, then the game will be back to normal. Also give the game a bit of grace, simply because this is still a beta, and not a completed game. I love where they are going with the game, and this issue will be long forgotten after a fix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It also happened to me and my friend yesterday, we were scavs on shoreline, i could see him but he couldn't see or hear me. He couldn't see other ai scavs either but he could see and loot the dead bodies that were already there when we joined. He tried restarting the game but it didn't worked. I ended up killing him.

We only had the issue once, other games went fine, even on shoreline

Edited by vateli
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vateli said:

It also happened to me and my friend yesterday, we were scavs on shoreline, i could see him but he couldn't see or hear me. He couldn't see other ai scavs either but he could see and loot the dead bodies that were already there when we joined. He tried restarting the game but it didn't worked. I ended up killing him.

We only had the issue once, other games went fine, even on shoreline

The issue is very annoying, yet in part may be due to my potatoe internet connection paired with flooded servers... I am hopeful for the return to normal very soon, because almost half my time in the game is wasted due to this problem. Thanks for the reply!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.