Jump to content
BooneIsBad

Outrageous Wait Times

Recommended Posts

The wait times being advertised as "stress testing" is really beginning to anger me. I have been trying to wait on games for up to an hour and still not getting into one. You shouldnt give a bunch of keys out if you cant handle the load at all. this is beyond a slightly long wait and im mad that i spent my money on this game just a few days ago and i already cant play it.

 

When will this be fixed?

Edited by BooneIsBad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BooneIsBad said:

When will this be fixed?

When the stress test is over.

Please be patient. Many players got EFT over a year ago and endured lots of bugs, glitches and testing phases. They've reported bugs, glitches and continue to do so because it will lead to a better development cycle that makes Escape From Tarkov a better game. The stress test is a necessary development phase for better server stability. Things should improve soon and you can fully enjoy the EFT experience (of dying a lot.. in my case :P). 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iv played the last few days and never have to wait more than a minut, and thats with loading. Have been impressed by stability and FPS actualy. Only DC on shoreline two times but reconnect w/o issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, chrisragnar said:

Iv played the last few days and never have to wait more than a minut, and thats with loading. Have been impressed by stability and FPS actualy. Only DC on shoreline two times but reconnect w/o issues.

I guess the Stress Test is only done on NA Servers. Subjectively these are the most people complaining about not being able to join.

During the last week I played a lot in the morning, afternoon and evening (holidays ftw :D) and I never had problems connecting (never waited longer than 1 min!) to the Servers. Twice I had a 'Connection lost' during the raid, but both times I could reconnect successfully.

ps: I play on EU Servers.

Edited by Beginner314

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beginner314 said:

I guess the Stress Test is only done on NA Servers. Subjectively these are the most people complaining about not being able to join.

During the last week I played a lot in the morning, afternoon and evening (holidays ftw :D) and I never had problems connecting (never waited longer than 1 min!) to the Servers. Twice I had a 'Connection lost' during the raid, but both times I could reconnect successfully.

ps: I play on EU Servers.

Yeah i guess, it has been vert smooth for me, and im on EU server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BooneIsBad said:

i spent my money on this game just a few days ago and i already cant play it.

You purchased a preorder of the full game

Being able to beta test the current build is a privilege 

The stress test is vital in seeing how the servers perform, and will give the devs the data they need to improve the network infrastructure as time goes on.

It is frustrating dude, but we just gotta wait it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eta for US servers should be Jan 12.  Lots of the 7 day beta keys were given away by people who had them on the 4th because afterwards they would be useless.  So while the stress test event is officially over there are still a lot of keys being played.  Also, while servers were bought they were probably based on projected players due to current player base and sales during stress test.  They are not going to spend money on servers to accommodate the temporary influx.  I know the 15 +min wait is killer when you only get a break from RL for an hour or 2 a night every other night.  Remember though, it is a beta and not intended to be a fully functional optimized game ATM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no matter what the time, i can almost instantly get into matches in customs and shoreline - is everybody just spam playing factory or something?

yes factory wait times suck. so don't play it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JJamie said:

no matter what the time, i can almost instantly get into matches in customs and shoreline - is everybody just spam playing factory or something?

yes factory wait times suck. so don't play it.

I think most ppl just spam customs for the rare keys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:22 AM, DanExert said:

You purchased a preorder of the full game

Being able to beta test the current build is a privilege 

The stress test is vital in seeing how the servers perform, and will give the devs the data they need to improve the network infrastructure as time goes on.

It is frustrating dude, but we just gotta wait it out

paying 40$ is a privilege to never get to play the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously, what is it with these posts? you paid to play in a beta, if you expect a bug free game that is your own fault.

Annoyed by long wait time? give the game a rest for a bit and come back after it's been updated...getting angry on the forum certainly won't help anything or anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SafetyTurtle said:

Seriously, what is it with these posts? you paid to play in a beta, if you expect a bug free game that is your own fault.

Annoyed by long wait time? give the game a rest for a bit and come back after it's been updated...getting angry on the forum certainly won't help anything or anyone.

 

14 hours ago, DanExert said:

Read line 1

Your arguments are pretty null to OP's aggravation.

To address your comments directly: The OP essentially cannot play the game that (gender here) payed $40 for. Playing a buggy beta game is one thing. Not being able to connect to a server to play the game is another. Justify it how you'd like. I just wanted to address the comments themselves. People can sense shade even if there is no tone to the words. The only person who even tried to help was the Moderator but even ( gender here)  left some shade in the text. Sympathy and Empathy, together, are leadership traits. Let's use some.

@BooneIsBad although you posted this on the 2nd; this thread might give you some relief as to what's going on. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sirjonnyboy said:

Your arguments are pretty null to OP's aggravation.

To address your comments directly: The OP essentially cannot play the game that (gender here) payed $40 for.

Wrong.

Everyone who paid money towards Escape From Tarkov has paid for access to the game on full release. This is how pre-orders work. You pay for the preorder, you wait, you play the game once it is released.

The developers decided to give customers access to the in-development test build.

This game that everyone has paid for hasn't been released yet. BSG are more than aware of server and matching issues (3 seconds in the search function will tell you this), please have patience.

We are all frustrated with the long wait times, but that does not excuse the spreading of misinformation <3

Good day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DanExert said:

Wrong.

Everyone who paid money towards Escape From Tarkov has paid for access to the game on full release. This is how pre-orders work. You pay for the preorder, you wait, you play the game once it is released.

The developers decided to give customers access to the in-development test build.

...

We are all frustrated with the long wait times, but that does not excuse the spreading of misinformation <3

Good day

pre·or·der

prēˈôrdər/

verb

1.

order (an item of merchandise) before it is available, with the understanding that it will be shipped later.

 

And this is from the beta/Pre order page. 
Not only does this imply being able to PLAY the game early. (Gender here) will ALSO get the pre order.
 

Guaranteed instant access to closed beta

Digital copy pre-load

Basic stash (10x23 cells)

 

bugs in a game. is different than the servers which host an instance of a game. 

Having the last word means nothing if you're wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right i am going to lock this thread as it seems there is no constructive input and this topic has been addressed many times. The Devs have researched the results of the new year event are in the middle of buying new servers. those in Russia are celebrating their Christmas, which honestly they deserve from all the work they have put in to getting us to this point in time. we should expect great results soon.

Locked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×