b0sspig

Exit Camping

b0sspig

I am getting repeatedly killed from people sitting inside the extration room in Factory, could the solution be that the entire room, rather than just quarter nearest the back wall, be an extration point?

As brutal and fun as the game is, if you can't escape because someone is sitting camping an extraction, it will become very annoying!

:)

• Like 1

Sirjonnyboy

you can see whats inside that extraction before entering by, going far back, and looking to see if u see a camper.

if ur already hurt and bleeding out and cant spare the time:

Good luck my friend.

Majpayne

I have actually never been extraction camped in this game.  One guy tried it on factory and I just hosed him down with my AKS.   As you can see though Extraction camping is why they are adding multiple extractions and multiple spawns, to fix this broken mechanic.  Personally I liked it better the way it was before - I literally never encountered this as a problem.

Ravenhawkhero

Its the magic called 2 extraction points, get a fac key from trading

• Sad 1

Forien

I never got camped inside. Usually campers sit outside and kill people opening the outer doors. 

Anyway... You can spray through metal wall or throw F1 inside, just in case

Edited by Forien

Svetovid

I don't think anything needs to be done about extract campers. It's really no different than any other engagement it's just at an inopportune time/location. In a boxing match the ref tells you to keep you guard up at all times, this applies to extract as well. An Ambush is the oldest of military tactics and should be left alone. That said, I don't extract camp just because it seems like it would be boring but each to his own.

DFA_Thump

Ask UBIsoft how allowing extraction camping went for The Division's multiplayer.  If you can't learn from others' mistakes, then you are doomed to repeat it.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

b0sspig

It has happened quite often, 2 times out of 3 games today. They sit inside the last room with the door closed so that when you either open or breach, they just hose you.

@DFA_Thump - Agreed.

Edited by b0sspig

Terminator01
17 hours ago, b0sspig said:

I am getting repeatedly killed from people sitting inside the extration room in Factory, could the solution be that the entire room, rather than just quarter nearest the back wall, be an extration point?

As brutal and fun as the game is, if you can't escape because someone is sitting camping an extraction, it will become very annoying!

in the other maps now it is really not that easy to do as in the past builds. But in factory some people do that. They do not know how to play the game. They do not learn combat, what to do. And if they are lucky and kill people like you, when they take the gear out hey will lose it fast because they do not know how to play. I always expect exit-campers. It is easy to counter them. Always expect them. Open the first door, expect an exit camper. Go left side of the cargo conatiner to see if there is anyone exitcamping. Then open the second door. Throw a nade if you want. If not peak paying attention and get your trigger finger ready. Those are all the tips I can tell ya.

Terminator01
14 hours ago, Svetovid said:

I don't think anything needs to be done about extract campers. It's really no different than any other engagement it's just at an inopportune time/location. In a boxing match the ref tells you to keep you guard up at all times, this applies to extract as well. An Ambush is the oldest of military tactics and should be left alone. That said, I don't extract camp just because it seems like it would be boring but each to his own.

I have been thinking they could add radioactive stuff to the exit zones, so that if you exit camp too much you die eventually.

Edited by Terminator01

TechoverMana

It sounds like a you problem and not a game problem. Either use an alternate extraction by factory key, or learn how to clear it out, peak, throw a grenade, or many of the other ways to get around that issue. Just because you can't overcome a fairly simple tactic that you should honestly be expecting apparently, doesn't mean it should be coded out of the game just because you're unable to overcome it.

Darkphantom

stand to the side of the door and open it that way

throw a grenade in

and clear the room

most of all good luck :)

b0sspig
14 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

It sounds like a you problem and not a game problem. Either use an alternate extraction by factory key, or learn how to clear it out, peak, throw a grenade, or many of the other ways to get around that issue. Just because you can't overcome a fairly simple tactic that you should honestly be expecting apparently, doesn't mean it should be coded out of the game just because you're unable to overcome it.

Probably read what i said rather than just be sarcastic.

Still though to all the other people who replied, thank you, it seems that it was just a blip, and it hasn't happened again since. Thanks all. :)

Tactical_Tracke

Oh young Grasshopper. you need more F-1 Tactical nukes in your life.

Multirommi
On 2.1.2018 at 7:46 AM, b0sspig said:

this is the reason why i always shoot through the exit room wall to secure the left corner

DFA_Thump
19 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

Weak response that is devoid of actual gameplay problem solving.  Congrats, you are the most worthless post of 2018 so far.

• Sad 1

Tactical_Tracke
2 hours ago, DFA_Thump said:

Weak response that is devoid of actual gameplay problem solving.  Congrats, you are the most worthless post of 2018 so far.

@TechoverMana is 100% correct. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge that is your own problem. The simple fact of the matter, is get better at the Frakking game. If you want an easy game without any actual challenge go play some indie game. That however is not the role of Tarkov. 

DFA_Thump
1 hour ago, Tactical_Fister said:

@TechoverMana is 100% correct. The fact that you refuse to acknowledge that is your own problem. The simple fact of the matter, is get better at the Frakking game. If you want an easy game without any actual challenge go play some indie game. That however is not the role of Tarkov. 

We can go in this circle all day long.  Any way you slice it you are either butt hurt that your weak tactic will be taken away, or unable to see this as game breaking from previous (more established) triple A game titles which spelled the death of it's multiplayer. 

Tactical_Tracke
33 minutes ago, DFA_Thump said:

We can go in this circle all day long.  Any way you slice it you are either butt hurt that your weak tactic will be taken away, or unable to see this as game breaking from previous (more established) triple A game titles which spelled the death of it's multiplayer. 

It has nothing to do with a 'weak tactic' learn how to clear your corners, problem instantly solved. It's not game breaking in anyway. Tarkov is an extremely niche game, and it brings forth a niche crew to play it. If you don't like it, to bad. It's just as simple as that. Has nothing to do with a 'circle' simple has to do with you getting better at a fairly simple, and generally well made, niche game.

DanExert
On 1/2/2018 at 1:42 PM, DFA_Thump said:

Ask UBIsoft how allowing extraction camping went for The Division's multiplayer.  If you can't learn from others' mistakes, then you are doomed to repeat it.

And if you can't learn from your own mistakes, what then?

Bring grenades. Pre-fire through the metal wall. Pre-fire as you clear corners. Bring grenades. Open doors at an angle. Team up and watch each other's blind spots. Bring grenades. Don't play Factory until you find Factory key to unlock additional exits. Bring grenades.

DFA_Thump

And the circle continues...

DFA_Thump
1 hour ago, Tactical_Fister said:

It has nothing to do with a 'weak tactic' learn how to clear your corners, problem instantly solved. It's not game breaking in anyway. Tarkov is an extremely niche game, and it brings forth a niche crew to play it. If you don't like it, to bad. It's just as simple as that. Has nothing to do with a 'circle' simple has to do with you getting better at a fairly simple, and generally well made, niche game.

1337 response bruh

TechoverMana
4 hours ago, DFA_Thump said:

Any way you slice it you are either butt hurt that your weak tactic will be taken away, or unable to see this as game breaking

You sound like the kid who got mad in Street Fighter because he couldn't figure out how to get around hadokens or throws and would call throwing cheap instead of getting better.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

You really need your mentality, to where instead of complaining about a very simple, surmountable and fair tactic and pushing to have it removed, you need to get better yourself. Again, the onus needs to be for you to win, not to demand others start playing in a manner that you approve of that gets you more wins.

kr4mpu5

I think they have to reduce the earned ep at the end for extractionpoint campers or Spawn Camping killer.
this is fair for all Players.
If they can escape after campkilling in the zone maybe -400 ep when they have over 1000 ep

DFA_Thump
5 hours ago, TechoverMana said:

You sound like the kid who got mad in Street Fighter because he couldn't figure out how to get around hadokens or throws and would call throwing cheap instead of getting better.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

You really need your mentality, to where instead of complaining about a very simple, surmountable and fair tactic and pushing to have it removed, you need to get better yourself. Again, the onus needs to be for you to win, not to demand others start playing in a manner that you approve of that gets you more wins.

We clearly see this differently so there's no point in continuing this.  To be clear, I have yet to be killed by anything other than scav AI at an exit, not PMC players.  I see the OP's post as valid and choose to defend it as it has caused other game titles to fail miserably.  You can continue to use this game to feel better about being niche all you want.  It doesn't stop it from being problematic.

Edit:. Edited to say scav AI instead of scav player

Edited by DFA_Thump