SCAV's and their unstoppable grenades...

Larrabeast

Yea, I was in dorms a scav walked by the bottom door in 3rd story with his gun up then a 2 seconds later I die from a grenade, no sound, no visual grenade hurling toward me. Please devs, fix this, scavs should be normal civilians not black ops pm/grenade snipers.

Edited by Larrabeast
  • Like 1
Maki_Nishikino

I was on Customs with a decked out AK. I was looting a dead BEAR on the bottom of a stair case and had two grenades dropped on me at once. It was CLEARLY evident that they were grenades, I heard the "clunk" sound. I ran like hell and got around the corner in time. The RGD-5 and F1 should make a loud "bang" sound when you let the spoon off igniting the delay element. It should be heard when close to the grenade.

Edited by Maki3006
  • Like 1
Larrabeast
Just now, zpwarrior said:

Level 27 and have yet to die to a scav grenade this patch. Last Patch was a different story though.

Last patch I never had this issue, now however, I've seen more nades than players. Well, the ones i'm able to see and hear...

zpwarrior
Just now, Larrabeast said:

Last patch I never had this issue, now however, I've seen more nades than players. Well, the ones i'm able to see and hear...

That's weird. For me and my squad the amount of grenades being tossed around by players and scavs has been significantly less. It's alot nicer too because I think the throw distance was cut down alot.

.Motorola.

honest opinion, i think the scav damage is buffed, they shoot  pellets from 50+ meters and your body system get painted red really fast, sometimes even two shots you lose limbs(always from sideral distances), when i shoot from  point blank range with shotgun to other players, they need more bullets to die (sometimes they dont even die after 2 hits point blank, maybe they die later because of excessive limbs loss, but the ystill live).

And for the grenades, when scavs drop RGD grenades and they hit you, you are dead 90% of times...as for me (player) i literally dropepd  two RGd's on a tomahawk guy and they both exploded  1-2 meters max from him...he was stil lwalking (probably black legs) but still alive.

I have no other explanation but to say that the scav weapons are buffed to deal more damage.

Edited by .Motorola.
  • Upvote 1
LordSquidworth
On 1/2/2018 at 8:17 PM, Larrabeast said:

Buddy and I died to scav nade last night.

Scav didn't have time to pull the pin, let alone throw it.

Never heard anything. Just died.

I thought this topic would have people complaining about the Scavs having super hearing and hearing your grenade mid-air and knowing its trajectory. I've been able to get out of the way of Scav grenades, because grenades make a "clunk" or "cling" noise on the ground near you, giving you a couple of seconds to clear.

Shoreline killed a team of 3 by pier. Lay down to heal and hear scavs spawn. Before I could stand up, 2 nades land right on top of me and die before  taking a step. They have psychic nading power for sure. Woods, one scav threw a nade while shooting out my legs. You could see him throw it and the flash from his pistol somehow. Two black legs later I died to the made right after killing him lol

Edited by BigManMav

Old gas station in customs is funny, when the scavs try and flank you to the right (by the green crate) and throw a grenade while crouched, he blew himself and his chum up, leaving me free to engage the two by the pumps.

They are accurate with their nades, but they certainly dont take into account collision from environment, so it can be very funny at times.

• Hot 1
1 hour ago, BrunoJL4 said:

I thought this topic would have people complaining about the Scavs having super hearing and hearing your grenade mid-air and knowing its trajectory. I've been able to get out of the way of Scav grenades, because grenades make a "clunk" or "cling" noise on the ground near you, giving you a couple of seconds to clear.

The point is, sometimes they dont make the sound.... Happens atleast twice every day to me, it doesnt even bother me because im used to it now :D but yeah it needs to be fixed...

PimpMyWiki
On 1/3/2018 at 2:14 AM, Maki3006 said:

The RGD-5 and F1 should make a loud "bang" sound when you let the spoon off igniting the delay element. It should be heard when close to the grenade.

Not to mention the *Pttiiiing* sound from pulling and releasing the pin, or is that just in movies?

TheInheritor

Me and a buddy just got killed by Scavs on Shoreline. We took one Scav out, and before even running after that kill, a grenade literally explodes in my face, killing me. I understand that this game is going in the hardcore direction, but scavs that are throwing grenades and them exploding in the air before they hit the ground is a bit too much. This has happened to me several times, not only on Shoreline, but Customs as well. No grenade sound at my feet or even close to me. Not a rant, but more of a "Dude....really?" Moment.

On 1/2/2018 at 5:14 PM, Maki3006 said:

I was on Customs with a decked out AK. I was looting a dead BEAR on the bottom of a stair case and had two grenades dropped on me at once. It was CLEARLY evident that they were grenades, I heard the "clunk" sound. I ran like hell and got around the corner in time. The RGD-5 and F1 should make a loud "bang" sound when you let the spoon off igniting the delay element. It should be heard when close to the grenade.

The problem is that for me around half the time its silent, no clunk no GRENADA! 25% of the time i don't even hear the grenade go off.

Ok, just got killed for the 2nd time today from soundless grenades from scavs. PLEASE FIX IT!
Lost fort both times that I worked hard for aswell as sophisticated M4 build. 

LordSquidworth

I've been killed by a scav grenade once. Didn't hear it.

I don't find they use them too much.

Though the devs could disable it until the sound issue is fixed.

When I died the scav was dead. I didn't move much because there was no sound implying I should be.

GuerrillaOPS

I always hear the nade landing and just do the good ol' duck and cover (simply run behind next solid cover available)
Works every time.... Almost every time.

Have yet to see soundless one. Or not sure with some Offline runs though.

Edited by Surma
NamelessMuppet
On 1/3/2018 at 1:07 AM, kurgyn said:

I watched a Scav blow himself up after throwing a grenade into a fence instead of at me yesterday on customs. It was pretty hilarious.

I had the exact same thing happen to me earlier, I'm just sat there laughing as I hear him yell grenade and see it blow up on himself :D

I do see a lot of silent grenades used against me too, and usually there's times where I see it land, run 10m+ and then die from the explosion, not sure if i'm just unlucky or if it's desync causing it or something.

Edited by NamelessMuppet
10 minutes ago, NamelessMuppet said:

I had the exact same thing happen to me earlier, I'm just sat there laughing as I hear him yell grenade and see it blow up on himself :D

I do see a lot of silent grenades used against me too, and usually there's times where I see it land, run 10m+ and then die from the explosion, not sure if i'm just unlucky or if it's desync causing it or something.

I've had the exact opposite recently. Scav throws grenade, I watch it land in front of me, I try to run and get stuck on something only a couple feet away from the grenade as it explodes; but then miraculously remain unscathed! Well, besides my ears ringing and my vision blurring horridly of course.

But then instantly die 0.03 seconds after peeking from an insane 100ft headshot from that Scav's toz/SKS/Vepr.

Edited by kurgyn