Timster918

Anyone Have Low Gpu Usage(%40 usage)

Timster918

Anyone notice low gpu usage with a 1080ti? It appears to my dismay and woe that, I cannot get this game to use more of my card.

I7-7820x 4.4Ghz (8 core 16 Thread)

msi gtx 1080ti

16 GB

[email protected]

I am saddened :(.

p.s- anyone know what gameupload is? That appears to be always red for me.

Thank you for the answers :)

PIG-Mathieu

Did you change anything on your config for it to run like that ? How many fps are you getting (average), try to run shoreline, it should be big enough for your CPU to have a hard time on it :D

SqU4D3Nn

Usage shouldn't be high at all, especially when you have such a powerful GPU.

Timster918
5 hours ago, PIG-Mathieu said:

Did you change anything on your config for it to run like that ? How many fps are you getting (average), try to run shoreline, it should be big enough for your CPU to have a hard time on it :D

Shoreline, I get around 3

30-45 fps, both CPU and gpu usage are around 40%. I get better gpu usage in the main menu 

PIG-Mathieu
Just now, Timster918 said:

Shoreline, I get around 3

30-45 fps, both CPU and gpu usage are around 40%. I get better gpu usage in the main menu 

You are seeing your CPU usage using the windows task manager right ? Is there any other part of your computer that prevents you computer from running well ? (ex : 100% hardrive usage ?)

Do you have any other software that could confirm that usage ?

(I do not have a good enough CPU to test it my self to be honnest :D )

Timster918

yes when I use task manage I see that the cpu is at 50% usage and everything else is fine. Does anyone have an idea to what "gamepload" is?

jinx20001

i don't know what gamepload is but I imagine its something to do with the launcher for the game. but I share your worries about gpu usage, I also have a 1080ti along with a 4790k and 16gb ram. usually the lack of gpu usage comes down to optimisation, ignore anybody that tells you that your gpu usage should be low with a powerful card as that's simply not true, the only case you should see low usage is if you lock the framerate for example to 60fps, this leaves the gpu with headroom and it will only need low usage to reach 60fps, with unlocked framerate or on a high refresh monitor the gpu should reach maximum usage aslong as it isn't hitting the refresh limit.

for example my monitor is 160hz so I can run up to 160fps, aslong as I don't hit 160fps constant the gpu should be working as hard as it can to reach that limit but with this game it hits say 60fps but only with 50 percent gpu usage so theres 50 percent not being used to go higher. this as I say... is lack of optimisation, my theory behind this is the developers are tuning the game at the moment to run well on the recommended requirements and anything higher just isn't being utilised right now.

I had same issue with battlegrounds for a long time and was getting low usage with low fps but since latest update and release I get 99 percent usage constant and very smooth high framerates.

Skaldy

Hey, i'm on the same train with you. I get 50-70 fps in factory but rest of the maps are 30-45. CPU usage is at %40

jigsawcode

I also have a 7820X and an EVGA 1080Ti. Shoreline I hover around 40fps, Customs is 40-60, Woods is 80-100 fps. My buddy with a 1070 and a beefy overclocked i5 gets 20-30+ frames than me. My GPU utilization is low and hovers around 40% last time I checked. The GPU utilization goes up to 70-80% when I'm in the game menu, but when the raid actually starts my card drops off and the temps get very cool (59-65 degrees F) since it isn't being used.

I've got Tarkov set for the Intel Speedboost 3.0, I've tried overclocking my GPU and using K Sync and I've messed with every imaginable combo of Nvidia 3D settings and in-game graphics settings. I think we truly fall in a donut hole for optimization with this set up until it's tweaked unless someone else has any other ideas!

JJamie

its the game. theres literally 9000423 threads saying the exact same thing. with even more replies to those threads saying the exact same thing.

there are some optimization guides out there on the forums, but none of them has done a lick for me or my friends, yet

NitroExpressNY

Same problem here 

i9 7980XE 

Strix 1080 Ti OC Edition 

32GB Ram. 

Mad_Dog8762
On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 2:12 AM, Timster918 said:

Anyone notice low gpu usage with a 1080ti? It appears to my dismay and woe that, I cannot get this game to use more of my card.

I7-7820x 4.4Ghz (8 core 16 Thread)

msi gtx 1080ti

16 GB

[email protected]

I am saddened :(.

p.s- anyone know what gameupload is? That appears to be always red for me.

Thank you for the answers :)

I had the same thing

Cranking up the resolution from 1980 to 2k resolution INCREASED gpu usage to 100% and I got better FPS (go figure)

ruizsean43

my cpu usage seems to be the problem,...is 30% cpu usage "normal"?......

Timster918
On 2/24/2018 at 2:53 AM, NitroExpressNY said:

Same problem here 

i9 7980XE 

Strix 1080 Ti OC Edition 

32GB Ram. 

Are you still having the same issues with usage or no? I still have them unfortunately 

On 1/13/2018 at 12:40 AM, JJamie said:

its the game. theres literally 9000423 threads saying the exact same thing. with even more replies to those threads saying the exact same thing.

there are some optimization guides out there on the forums, but none of them has done a lick for me or my friends, yet

Do you have these exact issues as well?

thesxw

i have 8x3.2GHz cpu and amd radeon 270x DualX 4GB and and 1/3 of cpu and gpu usage ... around 30-35% and 20 fps ... at 1920x1080 ... ofcorse on shoreline

Edited by thesxw

KugelFanger

Low cpu usage ussualy indicates something els bottle-necking you're system.

Probably not the graf-card or memory, seeing you have quite enough there. Do you have ssd drive by any chance? Of not that might be the case.(wich i do not think) Otherwise is has something to do with optimisation of the game

godexists

I6700K CPU Asus GTX 1080ti GPU and I have Corsair Dominator Platinum Torque 2x16gb 3200 and I only get optimal performance and usage on woods and factory. Otherwise my usage for both CPU and GPU are way lower than expected and it's been this way for a long while. CPU usage is usually around 30-40% and GPU is usually at 40% - 44% on Customs and Shoreline. 

This is exclusively for EFT so can't really say it's anything else.

1440p 

Edited by godexists

Violetta

lmao

It's a known issue with this game right now that the optimization needs desperate work. No matter your specs, you will pretty much guaranteed get meh frames, with little to no load on your CPU/GPU because the Unity Engine is not tasking the components efficiently enough. So you see low usage on both.

The only thing I know is that right now it seems to favor Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs. Quit wasting time with troubleshooting steps, there are no bottlenecks in these dudes' systems right now, and there's pretty much no such thing as bottlenecks in components sourced from the last 3-5 years.

You'll see a decent case of bottlenecking forcing a quad core CPU into a dual core mode, and have a 1080Ti or similar as your GPU, then you'll notice but it won't even be that bad. Unless you have a 10 year old card, or a 10 year old CPU paired with vise versa you can't really bottleneck stuff anymore. Although this is assuming we're running at least an SSD at this point but that really only effects load-times.

Edited by Violetta

godexists
1 minute ago, Violetta said:

lmao

It's a known issue with this game right now that the optimization needs desperate work. No matter your specs, you will pretty much guaranteed get meh frames, with little to no load on your CPU/GPU because the Unity Engine is not tasking the components efficiently enough. So you see low usage on both.

The only thing I know is that right now it seems to favor Nvidia GPUs and Intel CPUs. Quit wasting time with troubleshooting steps, there are no bottlenecks in these dudes' systems right now, and there's pretty much no such thing as bottlenecks in components sourced from the last 3-5 years.

You'll see a decent case of bottlenecking forcing a quad core CPU into a dual core mode, and have a 1080Ti or similar as your GPU, then you'll notice but it won't even be that bad. Unless you have a 10 year old card, or a 10 year old CPU paired with vise versa you can't really bottleneck stuff anymore. Although this is assuming we're running at least an SSD at this point but that really only effects load-times.

this

KugelFanger
18 minutes ago, Violetta said:

lmao

That is what i also thought, then it is the game that is messing up, i know this was a problem back in dayz's prime days. Beastly pc's got bottlenecked due poor grafical optimisation, thats why i asked.

godexists
3 minutes ago, KugelFanger said:

That is what i also thought, then it is the game that is messing up, i know this was a problem back in dayz's prime days. Beastly pc's got bottlenecked due poor grafical optimisation, thats why i asked.

There was one patch/hotfix last year that I remember and it was very short lived because they released another patch shortly after but everything ran rather well for me during those couple of day not entirely sure why though. It's complicated TM

Violetta

I think we'll see a huge jump in performance when they move to the new version of the Unity Engine, which unfortunately won't be for a while. They said not until the game is pretty much done content and feature-wise. But this should also alleviate the terrible connection between players.

• Upvote 1

KugelFanger
1 hour ago, Violetta said:

I think we'll see a huge jump in performance when they move to the new version of the Unity Engine, which unfortunately won't be for a while. They said not until the game is pretty much done content and feature-wise. But this should also alleviate the terrible connection between players.

Don't think so, while it is an updated engine it is not a "new" engine. It is just an updated version, unity. But you can get better preformance for sure, u just need to know how to use certaim aspects