PachiiAxe

When can we expect optimitation?

So as of the latest patch i have been struggling to run the game with decent frames. I want to know, its the performance getting any better eventually or are we doomed? My rig is the following:

-R9 Fury Nitro 4GB HBM

- i5 4690k 4.0ghz

-8gb 1600mhz ram

-1 ssd 240 Samsung EVO

-1tb hdd WD Blue

As i said before, im struggling to run the game on even the lowest settings. (Factory is fine, Woods is fine as well but Customs and Shoreline kill my framerates). Can we expect any attention for AMD GPU users? Maybe Directx12? Vulkan? I cant seem to find any help or guide with the AMD gpus.

Thanks!

I would like to know this aswell

specs:

Ryzen 7 1700x

1080 strix

16gb ddr4

144hz

settings medium-high

game on samsung 850 evo ssd

Running 40-50fps in customs while raining and sometime it drops to 7fps and then comes back. Also the last time i played woods it was dropping frames and laggin like hell.

Also with a build like this i think i should be running the game with atleast over 60 fps all times

Yes! I would also love to know this as well. 

I have:

8gb ram

intel I3 quad core 3.3ghz

directx12

nvidia gtx 1050 ti

1tb hdd

I'm super excited to follow this game and support whenever possible, but it feels restricting to play only woods and factory all the time. 

Just curious as to when and how we can find the information on updating performance, as I've been looking and have not seen much information anywhere about this topic. 

I seem to be fine-ish, like Factory is fine, on customs I get average 60+ FPS I sometimes have a little 1 seconds stutter (Only on customs) where I freeze with like 1 fps then it's fine. Got to remember it's very un-optimized at the moment, but I do too hope it does get better optimized soon.

specs:

- i7 7700

- GTX 1080 MSI GX

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB x2

- 16GB DDR4

- 1080p 144hz - BenQ Zowie XL2430

game settings:

- Ultra Setting

- Everything maxed.

However, My friend on a GTX 970 is on high settings and is fine also, except when he gets the stutter lag his can last from 5 seconds to 25 seconds.

Friend with GTX 980ti and other with GTX 1080ti are also all fine on high-ultra settings, note we also all have the game on our SSD's.

I can't speak for AMD GPU's as I have not had one since my first PC build :P and all my mates use nVidia as well. So I have no idea if the game runs worse on AMD or not.

Edited by KosmicReeds

Guys i just upgraded my ram and the difference is day and night. If i knew it was like this i would have upgraded months ago. I had 8gbs but i bought 2 sticks of 8 making it a total of 16gbs. Keep in mind the game dont even has appropiate driver support from Nvidia and AMD. We have to wait and see.

13 hours ago, Mr_Jester said:

I have:

8gb ram

directx12

nvidia gtx 1050 ti

1tb hdd

I'm super excited to follow this game and support whenever possible, but it feels restricting to play only woods and factory all the time. 

Just curious as to when and how we can find the information on updating performance, as I've been looking and have not seen much information anywhere about this topic. 

Guys i just upgraded my ram and the difference is day and night. If i knew it was like this i would have upgraded months ago. I had 8gbs but i bought 2 sticks of 8 making it a total of 16gbs. Keep in mind the game dont even has appropiate driver support from Nvidia and AMD. We have to wait and see.

I feel you dude. But i bought those rams sticks yesterday and the performance increase is a joke. I only wanted to play Woods and Factory because i had very nice frames. But now Customs and Shoreline ( Its unbelieable how Customs performace increased overall ) run A LOT better.

^^^

Yeah, I have 16GB so I guess that's why I have no issues, but remember recommended is 6GB and your other programs and processors could be using over 2GB already so the game didn't have enough ram to grab.

Though not sure about the other two who have 16gb, think for Jester his i3 is not adequate.

1 minute ago, PachiiAxe said:

Dude for this game ram and cpu is very demmanding. I wouldnt recommend anything below an i5. Not even Ryzen for now. Sorry :/

Aye, i3 is not suited for gaming at all. Maybe older games but not newer games and definitely not a pre-alpha/closed-beta(as they are calling it)...

13 hours ago, KosmicReeds said:

Aye, i3 is not suited for gaming at all. Maybe older games but not newer games and definitely not a pre-alpha/closed-beta(as they are calling it)...

Actually an i3 is plenty for most games even new releases it more depends which one but anything i3-6100 and above will be just fine in many games. Maybe not this game but many games. Please stay out of the topic of hardware unless you've actually properly research it.

I seem to be doing just fine with my AMD cpu/gpu combo. Ryzen 5 1600x @ 4.2ghz and a Radeon Vega 64 8gb HBM. I drop my settings slightly for performance optimization but run all maps just fine in high/ultra settings. The FPS drops I see if any seem to be lag/ping based. This game is awesome in it's current state and isn't even detected with nvidia or amd optimization packages. Can only imagine how the game will be when it's all done. Happy to be a part of this amazing journey. 

I also want to know 

my specs: 

Ndivia gtx 760 2 GB 

8 GB ram

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHZ (8 CPU's)

The game just recently starts to lag like hell on Customs, while I disconnect from the server after some minutes of game freezing...

I expected to run this game on medium settings, but even after forcing myself to the lowest settings, it wil still run bad... 

I got performance issues too.

Shoreline and Customs run sometimes under 45 fps ... cant really play them. just factory is running nice as its supposed to be.

Specs:

i7 5820k 6x @4.5ghz

16GB DDR4 RAM 3000MHZ

Game is on SSD Samsung Evo 850 250gb

GTX 1080Ti

most of this is from my research is memory leaks in all the other maps besides factory and my specs are 

i5 4460k quad core 3.2hz

8gb ddr3 

on hard drive soon on ssd 

gtx 1050ti 

On 1/4/2018 at 7:25 AM, PachiiAxe said:

I feel you dude. But i bought those rams sticks yesterday and the performance increase is a joke. I only wanted to play Woods and Factory because i had very nice frames. But now Customs and Shoreline ( Its unbelieable how Customs performace increased overall ) run A LOT better.

Just Thought you should know, the game is running on DX11 not DX12. So, there is a lot of driver overhead and a API draw call hard limit. The speed and timings of your RAM matters just as much as the max capacity you install. Even more so on AMD platforms due to the Infinity Fabric found in the new Zen Arch. The faster the RAM and tighter/faster the timings, the better the chip will perform.

On 1/4/2018 at 8:12 AM, PachiiAxe said:

Dude for this game ram and cpu is very demmanding. I wouldnt recommend anything below an i5. Not even Ryzen for now. Sorry :/

I am sorry, but you do not know what you are talking about when it comes to AMD CPUs. Not to mention that with Specter and Meltdown, Intel's IPC lead is fixing to reduce depending on the generation of CPU. It already shows heavy performance hits in HPC markets and servers. Certain workloads are affected more than others. As long as you pair your Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 7 chip with adequate cooling and fast RAM with tight, fast timings, you will have no problems in any game you throw at it. EFT included. 

The only way I can see EFT gaining a large performance improvement these days, is to include the Vulkan API as an option in the graphics settings to players can switch to it if they choose to. Since support for Vulkan is built into Unity Engine since version 5.6, I hope BSG returns to working on adding Vulkan support to the game. They started working on it several months ago, then put it on hold.  Fingers crossed they return to working on it and bring support for Vulkan by release in 2018. I have tried to like DX12. But every DX12 game has ran like crap on DX12. It always ran better on DX11. But, seems that every time I ran a game that implemented Vulkan and released as a game.....(no early access) it ran better under Vulkan.

On 1/3/2018 at 5:57 PM, Mr_Jester said:

I have:

8gb ram

directx12

nvidia gtx 1050 ti

1tb hdd

See above about Direct X 12

Guys, keep in mind that the resolution you run the game at makes a huge difference, not saying this is your problem but if you post your specs like most of you've been doing you should add what resolution you run at also.

I can't really complain about it really, I run at 3440x1440 with GTX1080. My framerates are between 30-50fps on Shoreline with medium-low settings, but I find the biggest differences with improving this was playing around with the additional graphics (ie. AA, SSO etc.) settings in the game. There are a few out of game settings you can make to improve graphics also, just look up a bit on google.

The developers will most certainly optimize the game but right now there are other higher priority things to work on. Remember this is Closed Beta and if you're not sure what this means, I would recommend looking it up. The recent stress test cycle uncovered a lot of issues and data they will surely use to optimize the game.

Right now, the role we should be playing as players/supporters of tarkov is to give constructive feedback on issues that are potentially not known about. Right now I believe the lack of reasonable performance is a known issue, and will be addressed in due time.

On 1/5/2018 at 4:31 AM, Elikozinets1999 said:

I also want to know 

my specs: 

Ndivia gtx 760 2 GB 

8 GB ram

Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHZ (8 CPU's)

The game just recently starts to lag like hell on Customs, while I disconnect from the server after some minutes of game freezing...

I expected to run this game on medium settings, but even after forcing myself to the lowest settings, it wil still run bad... 

Your Vram on your graphics card is quite low I recommend a upgrade in order to better run the game

i run a 3930K @ 4.0, Asus ROG Stryx 1070 and 16GB ram on 28" 4K and with everything on low except textures high and view distance at 3000 i get 50-60fps all the time in 4K

you need at least 16gb of ram, this game runs constantly 7gb usages and 4gb minimum GPU card