New player first Impression

Malakh

Hello Community:)

I bought the standard edition two days ago and got the 25% discount. Very happy for that and would recommend anyone to use that. Thank you developers!:)

Not knowing much of the game, I ran straight in, with the wisdom from an elementary student. I understood from the info, not to use good gear in PvP, so I went with only a knife and my alpha container. My first raid was in factory at day and what a raid it was! With only a knife, I sneaked around the factory, listening to footsteps and slowly progressing towards upper floor, where I found safe and office loot. Not knowing the extraction points, I put what I thought to be the most valuable in the container: Gold chain, valuta and a silencer. Soon after, I got shot from player, who most likely heard me opening containers.

Just by doing this first run, I felt something I have not felt for a looooong time: The feeling of realism in a game. The sound of people walking, looting, talking and shooting, in a mix of an absolute stunningly audio and visual effects. What really made me go completely bananas, was how insane the modding are. Full visual, rotating gun and even zoom in to see what crosshair your mod has. How is that for awesome!!?? 

As a hoarder, I also find this game to be very interesting. The way to organize, sell and distribute the loot is both fun and at time frustrating. You want to know what to keep and sell, not to mention how to min/max storage. I love that you can inspect everything and learn something from that. Also, the sound when you make a sale to traders, so addictive!!:)

After my factory run, I started to get hooked on doing fast, but intensely rewarding runs, while at the same time trying to get some kills. I found out dogtags could be sold for good money and that was cool. After two days of fast and safe rounds, I am starting to know map more and where to find good loot. Sometime this week, I will slowly start bringing out some of my better gear and try to go on the trader quests. I like the risk/reward and confident my practice from fast runs will come in handy.

Thank you to the developers for developing this pure gem of a game and I wish you all the very best in finalizing the product. 

Stay safe in Tarkov!

- Malakh

Edited by Malakh
  • Like 2

Nice to hear!

Tarkov is indeed a very hardcore game, but so far, if you are well aware of its difficulty level, it's really worth the money spent, especialy with the new year promo on standard ed.

Gun fight are crazy, sound ambiance is awesome, gun behavior and modding is stunning. ...and the pressure and fear in battle is real, even when u get fully geared, you know you can be knocked out by a lot of things so the fear remain. at least for me.

Edited by Silverhaze5X
  • Like 1

This game definitely rewards more for high risk! But on the other hand slow and methodical can also be rewarded well. Glad to hear your enjoying it! Nothing better than knowing your money was well spent.

• Like 1

Thank you @Silverhaze5X & @Kilsmore

I am looking forward to many hours of play. Right now (with a beer or two) I am enjoying watching some Tarkov streamers, like: Sequisha, Dayzru and erotika (not sure how last name for streamer is pronounced, but he is f.ing amazing!:) 

Edited by Malakh

Whow it's rare this day to see a new comrade in Tarkov praising the game, it's refreshing to read ! :)

Enjoy your stay and hope you will keep having fun like you seem to do right now ! See you in Tarkov

Thank you @zpwarrior

I am sure we'll bump into each other in the future:) I love how Tarkov game has a mix between Stalker, Dayz & Arma 3:)

@Pezzo1

I am confident of that. For this game to be this solid in beta, is for me a good example of how you can do proper game development. I have seen to many games earlier in stages fall to short and get destroyed by own ambitions or lack thereof.

Edited by Malakh
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malakh said:

Thank you @zpwarrior

I am sure we'll bump into each other in the future:) I love how Tarkov game has a mix between Stalker, Dayz & Arma 3:)

@Pezzo1

I am confident of that. For this game to be this solid in beta, is for me a good example of how you can do proper game development. I have seen to many games earlier in stages fall to short and get destroyed by own ambitions or lack thereof.

I think alot of players come into this game and get frustrated quickly when they realize how hard it is. This is the first game that I have gotten really involved in the forums, because I see the potential and want it to succeed. So it drives me crazy when someone that just started playing, creates a profile on the forums to come complain about something they have no real knowledge or experience of. You sir are a breath of fresh air.

Thank you @zpwarrior

The most important thing in my eyes, is to learn from the best or slowly gain the knowledge yourself. The latter is MUCH harder and will take time and effort. It would be advisable to check what the game are about, before buying it, just as you would not buy a strategy game, not knowing it would be about, well, strategy:)